Page 13 of 163 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO URLs 2.207!

Bizarre behavior with ultimate SEO.
    Add some items to the cart but then if I go to click on the individual items again (either from the shopping cart sidebox or from the shopping cart page itself), instead of bringing me to the appropriate product page, I get redirected to:
    http://spritelygoods.com/product_info
    the link is clearly trying to go to the product page: http://spritelygoods.com/index.php?m...edc58b86b894df

Have you seen this before?
    to get into the site either use the product link above or make sure to add /index.php I have a placeholder index.htm file up right now to hopefully keep people out while I do final testing.
    Live again! http://spritelygoods.com Rebuilt on ZC v 1.5.1 from 1.3.0.2

Plugin Contributions

I've made it so you can test this on a mirror.
    The please use www.spritelygoods.com/zencartv151 (but don't use the products linked on the front page - those all point to the root directory where the real shop lives (and that is currently down to maintenance).

If you browse/select products from the category tree or the best sellers, you can add one of them to the cart.

Thanks in advance for any guidance. I should note it works fine if I turn off Ultimate SEO URLs.

Plugin Contributions

Looks like your rewritten urls almost work. But I see somthing I've only seen once before. When I hover my cursor on a category or product link and look at the bottom of my screen, the "hover" url shows as a dynamic url; not the rewritten url. Although actually clicking on the link goes to the rewritten url in the address bar.

When I "hover" on my links at prommart com, I see the rewritten url.

So something is wrong, not sure what. Are you certain your seo admin settings match your htaccess settings?
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

I;ve posted my htaccess file previously. My SEO settings on the mirror are:

Enable SEO URLs? true
    Add cPath to product URLs? false
    Add category parent to begining of URLs? true
    Show categories as directories in the URL? true
    Filter Short Words 0
    Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)? true
    Enable SEO cache to save queries? true
    Enable product cache? true
    Enable categories cache? true
    Enable manufacturers cache? true
    Enable articles cache? true
    Enable information cache? true
    Enable automatic redirects? true
    Choose URL Rewrite Type Rewrite
    Enter special character conversions
    Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false
    Enter PCRE filter rules for generated URLs
    Reset SEO URLs Cache false
    Enter pages to allow rewrite index, product_info, products_new, products_all, featured_products, specials, contact_us, conditions, privacy, reviews, shippinginfo, faqs_all, site_map, gv_faq, discount_coupon, page, page_2, page_3, page_4

just in case, the htaccess looks like this:

##### NOTE: Replace /yourdomain.com/yourzencartdirectory/ with the relative web path of your catalog in the "Rewrite Base" line below:

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /zencartv151/

# Disable if using "Categories as Directories"
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/(.*)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $3-p-$4\.html?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [R=301,L]

# Enable only if using "Categories as Directories"
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/(.*)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$4&cpath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Normal operation Ultimate SEO URLs
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Disable if using "Categories as Directories"
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/$ $1-c-$2\.html [R=301,L]

# Enable only if using "Categories as Directories"
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/?\.html$ $1-c-$2/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)$ %{REQUEST_URI}/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/$ index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Normal operation Ultimate SEO URLs
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-ezp-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=page&id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# All other pages
    # Don't rewrite real files or directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Handle when a resource is not found (404 Error Page)
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index\.php?main_page=page_not_found&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Plugin Contributions

I should mention the only difference between the mirror (which is living in a subdirectory of the main site) and the main site is the rewrite path line in the htaccess file. There is the equivalent htaccess file in the root also - both the main site and the mirror behave that way with the hover showing the dynamic url.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
    I should mention the only difference between the mirror (which is living in a subdirectory of the main site) and the main site is the rewrite path line in the htaccess file. There is the equivalent htaccess file in the root also - both the main site and the mirror behave that way with the hover showing the dynamic url.
    I've never seen that behavior before - the URLs not being generated for a page. Almost like something broke during execution. Do you happen to have any debug logs or messages in the web server logs? I did notice you do not have shopping_cart in the rewrite pages list - It should not matter, but I'll try mimicking your settings in one of my test stores tomorrow and see what happens.

I also noticed on your site Zen Cart is adding the uprid to the URL for product pages instead of the prid. I've only seen uprids used in section of the database pertaining to orders. I've never seen it added to the end of a product_info URL. If you switch back the the classic template does this still happen?

prid = 6, uprid=6:772c4cf4cfcfb000d9edc58b86b894df
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Can you also tell me which version of PHP your server is using?

I have an idea of what the problem might be (the uprid is a big hint), and your answers to this question (and the ones in my last post) should help me narrow things down.

In the meantime change this setting (product links should work again): Enable automatic redirects? false
    This setting is used to issue a 301 from dynamic URLs to static URLs - and should not negatively affect any pages (shopping cart page has a noindex, nofollow for SEs).
    Last edited by lhungil; 8 Nov 2012 at 06:14 AM. Reason: clarification
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Do you happen to have any debug logs or messages in the web server logs? I did notice you do not have shopping_cart in the rewrite pages list - It should not matter, but I'll try mimicking your settings in one of my test stores tomorrow and see what happens.
    Looking in the logfiles I see files from today that are all very similar to each other:
    PHP Fatal error: 1062uplicate entry 'zc_***32characterstring***' for key 'PRIMARY' :: insert into zen_db_cache set cache_entry_name = 'zc_***32characterstring***',
    cache_data = '***hugecharacterstring***=',
    cache_entry_created = '1352311473' in /zencartdirectory/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120
    As for the shopping_cart being excluded, that wasn't intentional. I left pretty much all settings for this addon as default from the install. I do not recall removing the shopping_cart page.

I also noticed on your site Zen Cart is adding the uprid to the URL for product pages instead of the prid. I've only seen uprids used in section of the database pertaining to orders. I've never seen it added to the end of a product_info URL. If you switch back the the classic template does this still happen?
    Yes it happens both when Ultimate SEO is turned on and off and also with the default template (i've got the default template enabled right now)

Doing a file compare on the query_factory.php documents:
    I notice some difference in spacing on code for certain lines, but I don't know if that is any cause for concern.

From the Ultimate SEO Install package:
    if(isset($queryCache) && $queryCache->inCache($query)) {
    From the original zencart install package (v1.5.1)
    if( isset($queryCache) && $queryCache->inCache($query) ) {

if($zf_cache AND $zc_cache->sql_cache_exists($zf_sql, $zf_cachetime)) {
    if ( $zf_cache AND $zc_cache->sql_cache_exists($zf_sql, $zf_cachetime) ) {
    The "return $obj" argument is not in the same order here:

if (sizeof($zp_result_array) > 0 ) {
    $obj->EOF = false;
    while (list($key, $value) = each($zp_result_array[0])) {
    $obj->fields[$key] = $value;
    }
    } else {
    $obj->EOF = true;
    }
    return $obj;
    if (sizeof($zp_result_array) > 0 ) {
    $obj->EOF = false;
    while (list($key, $value) = each($zp_result_array[0])) {
    $obj->fields[$key] = $value;
    }
    return $obj;
    } else {
    $obj->EOF = true;
    }
    And lastly there is the following line that is located on different lines in the original file from the v1.5.1 install vs the document included in the Ultimate SEO package:

" $obj->is_cached = true;"

I suppose I could try to port over what I think changed on the file for the Ultimate SEO plugin (near the end of the file) while leaving the rest to match the original zencart document...

Plugin Contributions

Well I tried merging the file and of course it broke everything so i put it all back...

Can you also tell me which version of PHP your server is using?
    Server is running PHP 5.3.17 (Zend: 2.3.0)

In the meantime change this setting (product links should work again): Enable automatic redirects? false
    Done. But it basically has disabled the Ultimate SEO URLs. It's using all dynamic URLs while set as false.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
    Done. But it basically has disabled the Ultimate SEO URLs. It's using all dynamic URLs while set as false.
    This sounds like one of the installed files has been corrupted or might need to be re-installed. Now time to see if I can duplicate!

And yes the query_factory is different, it is from the 1.6.0 release and fixes some issues when using Zen Cart SQL caching.