Page 137 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1622
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO 2.200 (new features) [Support Thread]

Hi
    I've noiticed a small issue with version 3.0 that I don't remember having with older versions.
    As far as the coding goes, everything is sweet. Our site is generating new static url's and redirecting from google generic listings.
    The issue we have is a possible conflict with our Google Product Search Feeder. The products links in the feed are still shown as old Zen-Cart dynamic url's. Not a problem as the 301 redirect is set to on but there is a lag while the page is loading from a 301. We have disabled the mod at present.

Our history...
    we used the older version of USU back in the days of version zen-cart 1.39. This was uninstalled and replaced with Ceon uri mapping. We took the decision to remove uri mappping due to the many core files that need editing during a zen-cart update and the fact that we had the paid version. We have now installed usu v3. To note, I removed all traces of the previous settings from our database before installing and we are cuttently using Zen-cart 1.55f.

Plugin Contributions

Since you said that you'd previously used the Ceon URI Mappings, make sure that you've removed its /includes/init_includes/overrides files. The current version of USU keys off the use of zen_href_link function for its link-generation functions.

What version of the Google Product Feed are you using?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Lat9,
    Thanks for the clues...

We use the paid google feeder version 3.15.0. I know this is old but it's the only one I have that works. In the last few hours, I have been trying to install the latest version 5.0 but one of the files from the folder auto_loaders was making the admin crash. As we need to create a feed later today, I needed something that worked so I've reluctantly reverted back to 3.15.0.

The reason for choosing the paid version was because we have over 6000 products and free plugin version struggled to create the feed.

I've checked the /includes/init_includes/overrides folder and found only an index.html file. It looks like I was quite thorough when I removed the ceon version.

I thought about giving the free google feeder another try in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    As @jeking indicated, USU's initial installation sets the plugin's Enabled value to false; you need to update the USU configuration to enable the generation of the "friendly" URLs.

You also need to ensure that the .htaccess distributed with the plugin has been copied/merged for your store, otherwise, those "friendly" URLs will result in a 404 (page not found).
    First, to enable the plug in (which I'm pretty sure I had done) that's in the store admin area correct?

And I hadn't changed my .htacess file as when I read through the directions for some reason I didn't think it was need. I will try that again and let you know if it works! Thanks for the help so far and I'll post after I make the changes!

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v3.0.1 of USU to the Zen Cart plugin moderators for review and will post back here once it's available for download (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=132).

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#18: PHP error on upgrade.
    #19: Upgrade from previous version fails.
    #20: Simplify handling of configuration settings.
    #21: Update install procedure to allow removal of only configuration settings.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v3.0.1 of USU to the Zen Cart plugin moderators for review and will post back here once it's available for download (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=132).

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#18: PHP error on upgrade.
    #19: Upgrade from previous version fails.
    #20: Simplify handling of configuration settings.
    #21: Update install procedure to allow removal of only configuration settings.
    v3.0.1 is now available for download.

Plugin Contributions

I'll download to test it on my site

Plugin Contributions

Hello Cindy - I installed CEON URI Mapping as a matter of 'have to' when USU had the canonical problem. CEON is too complicated for me so I want to revert back to the latest version of USU.
    Question: will USU seamlessly re-write the CEON generated urls? .... as well as those that are still using the standard ZC generic index.php?xyzacb format? ... i.e. will all currently indexed urls remain indexed without having to be found again by Google?

Are there any specific things I need to do and in any particular order to ensure the changeover works .... seamlessly :)

cheers,
    Mike
    p.s. I am still trying to recover my previous ranking prior to the USU issue

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hello Cindy - I installed CEON URI Mapping as a matter of 'have to' when USU had the canonical problem. CEON is too complicated for me so I want to revert back to the latest version of USU.
    Question: will USU seamlessly re-write the CEON generated urls? .... as well as those that are still using the standard ZC generic index.php?xyzacb format? ... i.e. will all currently indexed urls remain indexed without having to be found again by Google?

Are there any specific things I need to do and in any particular order to ensure the changeover works .... seamlessly :)

cheers,
    Mike
    p.s. I am still trying to recover my previous ranking prior to the USU issue
    Mike, USU won't be able to rewrite those customized CEON-generated links since they can be fairly free-form. The only thing that comes to mind is to add rewrites to the .htaccess for each of the CEON-customized links prior to the bit that's required by USU. The developers in the CEON forum might be able to shed additional light on a different solution.

Plugin Contributions

Mike, USU won't be able to rewrite those customized CEON-generated links since they can be fairly free-form. The only thing that comes to mind is to add rewrites to the .htaccess for each of the CEON-customized links prior to the bit that's required by USU. The developers in the CEON forum might be able to shed additional light on a different solution.
    Thanks Cindy for the very quick response - not quite the news I was hoping for - I have posted in CEON forum as you suggested and await some good news but do not hold a lot of hope.

cheers,
    Mike