Page 6 of 163 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTACCESS Update / Patch

Can you post the contents of your .htaccess, a screen shot of your current settings for "SEO URLs", a list of plugin / modules installed, and a link to your site please? Also do you see this behavior when using the template / theme Zen Cart comes with?

I am especially interested in the following lines from your .htaccess.
    Code:
    RewriteBase /shop/

# Normal operation Ultimate SEO URLs
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([^/])/(.*)-p-(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$4&cpath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    Those two lines are vital as they ensure "action=add_product" is sent to Zen Cart. The order the rules are listed in the .htaccess file are also important.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTACCESS Update / Patch

The previous fix was for the regular "buy" button on product pages. I will take a look at the "buy now" button in product listings as soon as I can.
    Last edited by lhungil; 3 Oct 2012 at 11:08 PM.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

Default Buy Now / Add Selected Products To Cart - Patch

Affected Environments
    Stores using the "Buy Now" links or "Add selected products to cart" feature on product listing pages.

Credits
    Thanks to adamells for finding this bug.

The fix
    Starting at line 418 in "includes/classes/seo.url.php" change:
    Code:
    //	case ($page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO && !$this->is_attribute_string($params)):
    to:
    Code:
    	case ($page == FILENAME_DEFAULT):
    		$container[$p2[0]] = $p2[1];
    		break;
    Notes
    I tested this change against both clean and modified Zen Cart 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 installations.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Buy Now / Add Selected Products To Cart - Patch

I installed Ultimate SEO Url's tonight and first off got a 500 error on my website and also on the admin. Changed Rewrite Engine to Off and now my homepage and admin work but any other page on my website gets a 404 error. I tried changing all the setting on the plugin in the admin but my site only works if I change the Enable SEO Urls to off. Not sure what I did wrong or what code I didn't add to .htaccess. I didn't previously have a .htaccess for my site because it is pretty new and I wanted to get the plugin's installed before I add all the security functions. This is my website maybe you could spot something http://www.luckylaketackle.com. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Now I got those to work by adding

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule index-main_page-(.*)-cPath-(.*)\.html$ index.php?main_page=$1&cPath=$2

I just went to a URL Rewriting website and put a path to one of my products in it and it wrote this out for me. Not sure why this works? This .htaccess file is really confusing to me.

Ok now I took out that code and just replace the top of the .htaccess file to

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine on

It seems like the RewriteEngine On caused a problem with a capital O. Not sure why this made a huge difference.
    Last edited by timbojrjr1; 9 Oct 2012 at 06:42 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by timbojrjr1 View Post
    It seems like the RewriteEngine On caused a problem with a capital O. Not sure why this made a huge difference.
    Thank You for letting us know both the issue you ran into and what the fix was for your server environment.

Some servers are more picky then others (depends on the web server, what version, who compiled, if a htaccess scanner was used, etc). I have not seen any problems using "On" on multiple test sites running apache2 (with and without a .htaccess scanner) and IIS (with a filter to use .htaccess files)... But for compatibility I'll probably switch to just "on" as lowercase when I release an example .htaccess in the future just to be safe (Apache2 documentation uses lowercase).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Back Link Debugging

Lat9 just posted an interesting thread on the forums. While looking through the code for page_not_found, he noticed it does not exclude the page from being added to the navigation history!

I would venture any sites which have been plagued by the "back button glitch" causing the button to send a user to "page_not_found" may actually be caused by having a broken js, css, image, or other resource! Any 404 will go to this page (yes even missing resources) when you have enabled "Ultimate SEO URLs" (and potentially other re-writer's).

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...gation-history

Applying the fix in post #1 from Lat9 appears to work in my environment when I purposely add a reference to a missing resource. Of course, if the fix works for you, you may want to look around in your theme and pages (or server logs) to find and fix the missing (or broken) resource.

Plugin Contributions

Default Updated Example .htaccess

Example .htaccess
    I have been working on a new example .htaccess file. It is working correctly in my test environments: Linux, PHP 5.2 and 5.3, Zen Cart 1.5.0 and 1.5.1.

The changes in this file are still in testing. If you have a working site with this plugin already, make sure you backup the existing .htaccess before trying the changes shown here.

Keep in mind after you change the .htaccess you may need to clear your browser cache to see everything in action. When changing some settings (such as "categories as directories") in the admin configuration you will need to edit the .htaccess and may wish to also reset the SEO Cache to see the changes immediately.

Added Support
    Some performance enhancements, more exact matching, and better handling of 301s after changing settings in both the admin configuration and the .htaccess file.

Removed Support
    This version of "Ultimate SEO URLs" does not support Zen Cart 1.3.x. The 1.3.x versions of "Ultimate SEO URLs" included in the .htaccess file examples for "Open Operations Info Manager" or "Dreamscape's News & Articles Manager". These have been removed from the .htaccess file because the plugins are not readily availability for Zen Cart 1.5.x.

File Contents
    Code:
    ##### NOTE: Replace /shop/ with the relative web path of your catalog in the "Rewrite Base" line below:

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /shop/

# Disable if using "Categories as Directories"
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/(.*)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $3-p-$4\.html?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [R=301,L]

# Enable only if using "Categories as Directories"
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/(.*)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$4&cpath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Disable if using "Categories as Directories"
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/$ $1-c-$2\.html [R=301,L]

# Enable only if using "Categories as Directories"
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/?\.html$ $1-c-$2/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)$ %{REQUEST_URI}/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+)/$ index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-ezp-([0-9]+)\.html$ index\.php?main_page=page&id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# All other pages
    # Don't rewrite real files or directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Handle when a resource is not found (404 Error Page)
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index\.php?main_page=page_not_found&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Updated Example .htaccess

New example .htaccess seems to be working for me:

prommart com

Thanks!
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Updated Example .htaccess

Back Button glitch fix mentioned in post # 57 also working for me. Thanks again!
    Steve
    prommart.com

Page 6 of 163 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast