Page 7 of 163 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO 2.200+ (new features)

I am using zen cart 1.50.

I have installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.150 for Zen Cart 1.5.0 and everything seems to be working great except that the categories are not displaying in the url.

For example this http://petalsremembered.com/Gifts/ddd-p-866182.html

should be

http://petalsremembered.com/Gifts/Co...-p-866182.html

I have turned on "Show categories as directories in the URL?" but it isn't working. Does anyone have any experience using this with zencart 5.0. Everything I can find is for older versions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by timhersh View Post
    I am using zen cart 1.50.

I have installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.150 for Zen Cart 1.5.0 and everything seems to be working great except that the categories are not displaying in the url.

I have turned on "Show categories as directories in the URL?" but it isn't working. Does anyone have any experience using this with zencart 5.0. Everything I can find is for older versions.
    The "Show categories as directories" option is not valid for "Ultimate SEO URLs" version 2.150. The option did not exist prior to version 2.200. Please remove the old version of "Ultimate SEO URLs", install the latest version (currently 2.207), and use the new .htaccess file posted earlier in this thread (with appropriate changes of course).
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, is there a way to adjust the module (new or old version) so that it does display the categories in the url??

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, is there a way to adjust the module (new or old version) so that it does display the categories in the url??
    Yes, this is already supported under Zen Cart 1.5 and the latest version of "Ultimate SEO URLs".
    You will need to a) go into "admin" -> "configuration" -> "SEO URLs" and adjust the settings and b) modify your .htaccess file to match the settings.

Versions of "Ultimate SEO URLs" > 2.200 have three modes of operation:
    1. Normal ("category parent": false, "category as directory": false)
    • Category Pages: category-name-c-34.html
    • Product Pages: product-name-p-54.html

2. Category Parent ("category parent": true, "category as directory": false)
    • Category Pages: parent-name-category-name-c-34.html
    • Product Pages: product-name-p-54.html

3. Category as Directory ("category as directory": true)
    • Category Pages: category-name-c-34/
    • Product Pages: category-name-c-34/product-name-p-54.html

If you have any linked products and use option 1 or 2: make sure to enable "Add cPath to product URLs".
    If you are using option 3 you can leave "Add cPath to product URLs" disabled.
    Last edited by lhungil; 23 Oct 2012 at 06:11 PM.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you,

New problem now. I have installed this on another domain. Once I turn it on the new links are pulling up error "not found" pages.

Any idea what it might be? The normal page (that works) is this http://ie-proofs.com/domo-online.com...&products_id=3

The page that shows up once I turn it on is this-404 Page not Found error is what I get, on all of the pages.

http://ie-proofs.com/domo-online.com...3.html?cPath=1

I'm using Ultimate SEO URLs v2.200. here is my .htaccess file

Code:
    ##### NOTE: Replace /Outboard-Motor-Oil/ with the relative web path of your catalog in the "Rewrite Base" line below:

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /Outboard-Motor-Oil/

# From Ultimate SEO URLs
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Normal Ultimate SEO URLs (disable if using ADD_PRODUCT_CAT)
    #RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# ADD_PRODUCT_CAT Ultimate SEO URLs (disable if not using ADD_PRODUCT_CAT)
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ $1-c-$2/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([^/]+)$ %{REQUEST_URI}/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([^/]+)/$ index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-ezp-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=page&id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# All other pages
    # Don't rewrite real files or directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f [NC] 
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# Handle when a resource is not found (404 Error Page)
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index\.php?main_page=page_not_found&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Plugin Contributions

Thank you,

New problem now. I have installed this on another domain. Once I turn it on the new links are pulling up error "not found" pages.

I'm using Ultimate SEO URLs v2.200.
    Start by installing the latest version. I know I've said this more than once now.

Once you have installed the latest version of this plugin, then go and install the latest .htaccess file.

From the behavior you are pointing out I would guess you did not get the .htaccess file installed correctly. Where did you install the .htaccess file? Does your server support .htaccess files? Did you try using the full relative web path (/domo-online.com/Outboard-Motor-Oil/)?

Plugin Contributions

Bingo, that was it, I changed it to domo-online.com/Outboard-Motor-Oil in the .htaccess file and it works great

thanks,

Plugin Contributions

No problem :)

Plugin Contributions

I just installed Ultimate SEO URLs over a fresh ZC 1.5 installation and I can't access the Admin menus! What it does it's just a blank page! Just to make sure it worked I renamed all the original files that have to be replaced ... BTW my .htaccess file is configured, but no URLs are being rewritten ...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    I just installed Ultimate SEO URLs over a fresh ZC 1.5 installation and I can't access the Admin menus! What it does it's just a blank page!
    This usually indicates something was missed during the installation (often the administration side defines) - or a corrupted upload. Did you look through the Zen Cart debug logs? Have you tried the steps in this article to determine where things broke?

If you still cannot find where things are going wrong, please answer the following:
    Provide more details about your Zen Cart installation (how you installed, version, other plugins, etc).
    Provide a detailed walk through of the complete step by step process you followed to install the plugin.

Page 7 of 163 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast