Page 54 of 163 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO 2.200+ (new features)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    Nevermind - I figured it out. I had to set to FALSE the following configuration variable: Enable automatic redirects?

Once I did that, it worked just fine!
    Sorry for the slow response, have been away from my notebook most of the weekend. Glad you were able to try changing a few options and found a solution. If I had to venture a guess... I'd guess the root cause is the 3rd party module you installed is not fully integrated into Zen Cart (it loads application_top.php but was not coded as a Zen Cart page).

If this is the case with your module, you want the "automatic redirects" feature enabled, and you are comfortable working with PHP:
    Take a peek at this post about 3rd party modules not integrating as a Zen Cart page but loading Zen Cart's application_top. On some servers you may need the leading "/" added to the URI in the example.

Note: There is only one case where it may be advantageous for a 3rd party module to not be integrated as a Zen Cart page and load application_top. This is when the page needs to be able to operate while the database is unavailable (and the 3rd party module would need to be specially coded to work w/o a database connection). This is a very rarely encountered scenario.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Guys,

appreciated for your great mod. it work wonderful for our zencart site.

however may we ask if any bug fix for linked products? you know for linked product, ultmate seo always select the first products_category table as its master cagategory. that is, when click a linked products, then the breadcrumbs shows it belongs to the category linked to, not real master category.

your comments would be highly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Ultimate URLs uses the category assigned to the current product. When the product is in category 15 and linked to a product in category 14... Then the product is correctly treated as being in category 15 (which is the category containing the product).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nicksoftsol View Post
    Writing on behalf of a client running ZenCart v1.5.0 and moze.n template. When adding the Ultimate SEO URLs module, the category and product pages are being broken. After much searching, I still cannot pinpoint what is causing it to throw off the layout.

Example can be found at devstore7.ldsstores.com. Click on any product or category page to see what is happening. It seems to be completely disregarding all CSS for menus, sidebars, footer and just about everything else.

I have compared source code between working page and broken page and found no differences of any consequence. Please advise on what more information is needed or how the issue can be resolved. Thank you.
    Hello: i have the same issue and the same template, if you turn off the contribution all go fine, i don't kwon wtha's the problem.

Did you solve it?

Thank you very much

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jmeca View Post
    Hello: i have the same issue and the same template ... Did you solve it?
    If you want me to spend some of my free time to attempt to help you fix your website... It would be a very good idea to post some relevant details about your site. At the minimum: What version of Zen Cart is installed? What version of Ultimate URLs is installed? What is an example URL displaying the behavior?

The problem found by the person you quoted was issues with the Zen Cart template they had purchased / installed... If you are using the same one, have you contacted the place you purchased the template from? Have you gone through your site to ensure you have checked / fixed the issues I found with the template on the other site?
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Ultimate URLs uses the category assigned to the current product. When the product is in category 15 and linked to a product in category 14... Then the product is correctly treated as being in category 15 (which is the category containing the product).
    Hi, Lhungil,

thanks for your explain.

the bug fix in new version of Ultiimate SEO 2.200, correct?

on our site, old ultimate seo and 1.38a was used, so maybe it is reason.
    take a example.
    product A is under cagtegory c-A, and then linked to category c-B
    and its real master category is A

if A > B, then ultimate seo select B as master category, which is bad
    if A < B, then ultimate seo select A as master category, which is correct

any further suggestions on this? thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry5763837 View Post
    ... on our site, old ultimate seo and 1.38a was used, so maybe it is reason. ...
    That would be a good possibility as the current version of Ultimate SEO does not support running under 1.38a. One would need to first upgrade to at least Zen Cart 1.3.9h (and probably should upgrade to Zen Cart 1.5.1) before trying to install / use the current version.

For the most part the current version of Ultimate URLs only alters the generated URLs and does not change any other core Zen Cart code / behavior.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I'm not sending the required information:
    ultimate seo zencart 1.5.1 and 2.1.2

The problem I can see in this link:
    http://zencart.meyvaser.com/test-10-...sale-p-76.html

On the home page everything is correct and if I disable "enable seo urls" is off all is well in the template but then the url's do not work.

If you need any more information please access my hosting or please say so.

By the way, thank you very much for sparing some of your free time.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jmeca View Post
    Sorry, I'm not sending the required information:
    ultimate seo zencart 1.5.1 and 2.1.2. ...
    Thank you for supplying a link. The issues are caused by your template (and most of the issues are listed in the link in my previous post). Some of your options are:
    • If you purchased the "template", go back to the developer and ask them to "fix" the issues in their template. If they cannot or will not fix the problems with their "template"... You can always ask for a refund.
    • If they will not issue a refund... You can fix the issues with the "template" yourself. This may be a bit of a task (and you may need to pay someone else to fix the template). The two that stand out the most are: they incorrectly moved the "base" element (maybe not understanding what this HTML element does) - and - they failed to use the core Zen Cart function(s) for creating URLs. At the minimum these need to be fixed, but the other problems should be addressed as well.
    • Or you can just give up on fixing the "template" and choose to use a less problematic template. This may be the path of least resistance. I'd recommend trying any template before buying when possible. There are a few active members of this forum who create some very aesthetically pleasing (and well coded) templates for Zen Cart (most of them have even provided access to "free" templates). I'd start by taking a walk around the forums with an eye towards Zen Cart templates.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Thank you for supplying a link. The issues are caused by your template (and most of the issues are listed in the link in my previous post). Some of your options are:
    • If you purchased the "template", go back to the developer and ask them to "fix" the issues in their template. If they cannot or will not fix the problems with their "template"... You can always ask for a refund.
    • If they will not issue a refund... You can fix the issues with the "template" yourself. This may be a bit of a task (and you may need to pay someone else to fix the template). The two that stand out the most are: they incorrectly moved the "base" element (maybe not understanding what this HTML element does) - and - they failed to use the core Zen Cart function(s) for creating URLs. At the minimum these need to be fixed, but the other problems should be addressed as well.
    • Or you can just give up on fixing the "template" and choose to use a less problematic template. This may be the path of least resistance. I'd recommend trying any template before buying when possible. There are a few active members of this forum who create some very aesthetically pleasing (and well coded) templates for Zen Cart (most of them have even provided access to "free" templates). I'd start by taking a walk around the forums with an eye towards Zen Cart templates.
    Thank you very much sir, has been very kind to his aid. Seeketh in another direction as you recommended.

Best regards