Page 64 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO 2.200+ (new features)

currently upgrading form 1.39 to 1.5.1

SIMPLE SEO URL is not supported in 1.5.1. However, as most other Zenners know the BIG problem with installing the ULTIMATE SEO URL mod is we will lose all the page URLs currently indexed by Google. a BIG problem . Is there anyway around this, i.e. to maintain current URLs set by SIMPLE SEO URL ? I know there is a paid mod that supposedly redirects the old Simple SEO URLs

Plugin Contributions

If you use Ceon URI [http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=889] you can set the url for each product manually to the same url it is now.

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE: My web guy just installed Ultimate SEO as part of the 1.5.1 upgrade. Replacing my old Zen Simple SEO. Surprisingly after he installed Ultimate SEO, the URL redirects from Simple SEO appear to have maintained, they are exactly the same..?? I thought Ultimate SEO would not have the same URL redirects created from Simple SEO ?? Per what Ive read in this forum.. Am I missing something?

Plugin Contributions

This thread is specifically for SUPPORT of Ultimate URLs. Any problems caused by other modules, questions about other modules, or discussion of other modules are best done in either the other module's support thread or by creating a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jeking View Post
    If you use Ceon URI [http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=889] you can set the url for each product manually to the same url it is now.
    Yes, and there is a support thread for CEON URI.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmc3 View Post
    currently upgrading form 1.39 to 1.5.1

SIMPLE SEO URL is not supported in 1.5.1.
    There is a new re-incarnation of "Simple SEO" for Zen Cart 1.5.x. Have not tried the latest release, so cannot comment on if it is just a rework for Zen Cart 1.5.x or if it also includes much needed bugfixes for "Simple SEO".

... However, as most other Zenners know the BIG problem with installing the ULTIMATE SEO URL mod is we will lose all the page URLs currently indexed by Google. ...
    This is not a problem caused by Ultimate URLs. The default URLs from Zen Cart AND the alternative ones generated by Ultimate URLs work. Further, Ultimate URLs does not remove Zen Cart parameters from the URL (it just makes them shorter). This allows Ultimate URLs to be completely removed (except for the .htaccess file) without breaking links (especially those from search engines).

I'm not sure the same can be said for the other major alternate URL tools. You would need to check their readme and support threads.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

... My web guy just installed Ultimate SEO as part of the 1.5.1 upgrade. Replacing my old Zen Simple SEO. Surprisingly after he installed Ultimate SEO, the URL redirects from Simple SEO appear to have maintained, they are exactly the same. ...
    I'd "guess" your "web guy" did not completely remove "Simple SEO"... Possibly portions were left installed to allow the old URLs to continue working... Or manual 301 redirects were added... Or Ultimate URLs is not completely installed (or installed correctly)...

With a link to your site, some example URLs, and some more information (what is listed in admin -> configure)... We may be able to provide more insight... Although your "web guy" may also be able to answer the question for you...

Note: This is a good question (and one I'd investigate further if I was in your shoes). Don't mind these sort of questions, as they may be useful to people who use either module. If you find the cause / effect, I'd suggest posting the the answer to both threads. Adding to the readme of Simple SEO what to do when installing to not lose links would be helpful for people who use that modules... And I'd not be opposed to adding a section "migrating from XXX" to the readme of Ultimate URLs...
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    I'd "guess" your "web guy" did not completely remove "Simple SEO"... Possibly portions were left installed to allow the old URLs to continue working... Or manual 301 redirects were added... Or Ultimate URLs is not completely installed (or installed correctly)...

With a link to your site, some example URLs, and some more information (what is listed in admin -> configure)... We may be able to provide more insight... Although your "web guy" may also be able to answer the question for you...

Note: This is a good question (and one I'd investigate further if I was in your shoes). Don't mind these sort of questions, as they may be useful to people who use either module. If you find the cause / effect, I'd suggest posting the the answer to both threads. Adding to the readme of Simple SEO what to do when installing to not lose links would be helpful for people who use that modules... And I'd not be opposed to adding a section "migrating from XXX" to the readme of Ultimate URLs...
    Website ver 1.3.9 is:
    www.cvtreasures.com

Upgraded 1.5.1 version currently in testing mode is:
    http://dipinfotech.co.in/cvtreasures/

Here is an example of product URL :
    http://dipinfotech.co.in/cvtreasures...rongmen-p-2515

Plugin Contributions

Website ver 1.3.9 is:
    www.cvtreasures.com

Upgraded 1.5.1 version currently in testing mode is:
    http://dipinfotech.co.in/cvtreasures/

Here is an example of product URL :
    http://dipinfotech.co.in/cvtreasures...rongmen-p-2515
    It appears as though your original 1.3.9h store is actually using Ultimate URLs (not Simple SEO).

You may want to revisit the "settings" for Ultimate URLs on the new site and tweak them to fit your needs. Not saying there is a "need", but it may be a good time to revisit the settings after an upgrade.

Note: Upgrading to a new version of Zen Cart (following the upgrade documentation) should not cause any problems if both the old and new store are both using Ultimate URLs. Ultimate URLs will automatically handle URLs generated: with different settings (for Ultimate URLs), older versions of Ultimate URLs, and by the native Zen Cart code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    It appears as though your original 1.3.9h store is actually using Ultimate URLs (not Simple SEO).

You may want to revisit the "settings" for Ultimate URLs on the new site and tweak them to fit your needs. Not saying there is a "need", but it may be a good time to revisit the settings after an upgrade.

Note: Upgrading to a new version of Zen Cart (following the upgrade documentation) should not cause any problems if both the old and new store are both using Ultimate URLs. Ultimate URLs will automatically handle URLs generated: with different settings (for Ultimate URLs), older versions of Ultimate URLs, and by the native Zen Cart code.
    Old store is definitely using Simple SEO, confirmed in Admin>config

Plugin Contributions

Simple SEO does not usually add any anchor at the end such as "-p-123" on every link... Are you 100% sure files from both are not installed?

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm, it appears I may be wrong... Looks like older versions of Simple SEO did use anchors for every link... As they use the same anchors, should be few (if any) problems converting from the older versions of Simple SEO to Ultimate URLs...

If one of the newer versions of Simple SEO (which omit anchors whenever possible) was installed, then additional coding / changes would be necessary.

Note: Support for the "news and article manager" add-on was removed from current versions of Ultimate URLs as the 3rd party module does not appear to be actively maintained - or fully compatible with Zen Cart 1.5.x.
    Last edited by lhungil; 24 Mar 2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Simplified language. Added note about "news and article manager"