Plugin Contributions

help question Where do I insert a Redirect Script for my mobile site?

I inherited this project after it was up and running so I am not certian of all the answers from the Posting Tips: here goes.
    1. We are presently using: v1.3.9h.
    2. I don't believe it has been upgraded.
    3. Addons??? How would I determine this?
    4. We use FTP.
    5. Since I was not part of this project from the set up, I do not know what has been customized other than text and images added to pages.

I've searched the Forum and the FAQs, althought there are other redirect posts, they mainly focus on web maintainence or discontinued product. I have created a mobile site using GoMo - a Google inititave, powered by duda mobile. After creating the mobile site I received the following email:

We noticed that your mobile site http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/natural-beef is live but your website visitors browsing on their phones still see your regular website. To get the most out of your mobile website, make sure your mobile visitors are directed to your mobile site by adding what we call a redirect script to your desktop website.
    The following instructions were given for the redirect code.

1. Open your website index.html file and paste the redirect code into the <head> tag

Redirect Code:
    <script src="http://static.dudamobile.com/DM_redirect.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> DM_redirect("http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/natural-beef"); </script>

2. Save the index.html file and browse your site on your phone
    The only index.html file I could find is in the includes folder. Unfortunately, inserting the code into the head tag did nothing at all.
    Christine
    "I believe the most important single thing, beyond discipline and creativity is daring to dare." ~Maya Angelou

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where do I insert a Redirect Script for my mobile site?

Oy ...
    I question the suitability of that sort of alternative mobile site.
    But I'm sure you didn't start this thread to debate your choice. You only want to know which file to use instead of the index.html they suggested.

Put ALL of that code into a new file located at: /includes/templates/NAME_OF_YOUR_LIVE_DESKTOP_TEMPLATE_FOLDER/jscript/jscript_duda.php
    Create the jscript folder there if necessary.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply. Your time is indeed appreciated. However, we decided that the redirect was an inferior option as this would force mobile users away from our main site. The mobile site is for promotional use with QR codes and is not meant to be a substitute for the information on our main "desktop" site.
    Christine
    "I believe the most important single thing, beyond discipline and creativity is daring to dare." ~Maya Angelou

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I have to add a duda script but the name they gave me for the redirect is m.domain.com. Also can you explain how to make the file do I go to html edit create a new file then add the code into it? The do I save it as you stated in this thread? or do I can the name to my m. domain which I think is right but don't know for sure.
    Duda also said I would have to change the C-name in httaccess file would I have to also still do this after I get the code in?
    Note:
    I am using Westminster new zen cart v1.5.4
    Thank you
    Ron

Plugin Contributions

thank you I have the redirect working I added the script from duda to the secret directory index template and the put in a CNAME now works.