Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Checkout for ZC 1.5 & 1.3.X

Hi Guys,

My Zen Cart installation has been failing with Google Checkout since I upgraded to 1.5.1 on Windows Server 2012, MySQL 5.5 and the latest PHP installed.

Done some investigation and tracked down the fault. It appears that since 1.5.1 on windows, MySQL cannot run in STRICT mode.

In MySQL you MUST comment out the

sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

line from your MySQL ini file (in windows at least)- The MySQL implementation doesn't seem to like some empty fields which will fail GoogleCheckout. What makes it worse is that Google then retransmits the XML every few hours or so!

I wonder if this needs to be added to the ReadMe or the Google Checkout code needs updating?

Andy
    Andy Whittaker
    Macclesfield, UK
    AndyWhittaker.com
    ECUFix Zen Cart

Plugin Contributions

Anyone have any ideas about Google Checkout accepting expired zencart coupons? I have customers checking out with google using coupons that expired years ago. I am open to disabling coupons in GC altogether.
    http://www.divinelighting.com -- Super Orders 3.0 -- Ultimate SEO -- Quantity Discounts -- SitemapXML -- Image Handler -- Shipworks

Plugin Contributions

I have created a fresh install of zen cart 1.5.1 and installed the google checkout module using option a of the installation instructions.

I have set up the admin screens as per the admin gui section of the online instructions.

It is currently configured to use sandbox. The google sandbox merchant ids and keys are entered for both production and sandbox.

The google checkout option appears on the checkout screen although no logo appears next to the radio button.

When I complete the checkout, I get returned to my basket, ie it does not redirect to google checkout. Effectively the checkout process loops back to the start of the process once I hit the confirmation button at the end of the 3 stage process.

I have read the trouble shooting section and am not having any of those issues.

When I visit

http://www.mysite/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php I get the following error

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    The response_err.log file contains

# This file is used to record all the response errors encountered by Google Checkout Plugin

Tue Feb 12 15:05:55 GMT 2013:- Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers
    I have tried setting the permissions of all the files in the googlecheckout folder to 777 but would not want anything like that going into production.

Can you please help? I've run out of ideas and followed all the installation steps and troubleshooting guide to the letter and am totally baffled.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there;

I have v 1.5 set up with Google Checkout as only pay option. I am trying to set up free shipping. I have Free Shipping installed in Admin, Shipping Zone - None.
    Where I am having trouble is with international customers. When they checkout, they get Not shipping to your area. Is there a fix for this? I have searched and searched
    and cannot find anything that works so far.
    Please help .... I'm losing sales here

Thanks in advance,
    Karen

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ladyk View Post
    Hi there;

I have v 1.5 set up with Google Checkout as only pay option. I am trying to set up free shipping. I have Free Shipping installed in Admin, Shipping Zone - None.
    Where I am having trouble is with international customers. When they checkout, they get Not shipping to your area. Is there a fix for this? I have searched and searched
    and cannot find anything that works so far.
    Please help .... I'm losing sales here

Thanks in advance,
    Karen
    Did you see this post?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by suityou01 View Post
    Did you see this post?

Hi there;

Thanks for getting back. I have done the following :
    I went into Admin/Modules/Order Total and clicked on Shipping. In Admin, looks as below -
    This module is installed
    true

Sort Order

Allow Free Shipping
    true

Free Shipping For Orders Over
    $50.00

Provide Free Shipping For Orders Made
    both

Then I went into Modules/Shipping and installed Free Shipping. Admin looks as below :

Enable Free Shipping
    True

Free Shipping Cost

Handling Fee

Tax Class
    --none--

Shipping Zone
    --none--

Sort Order

Is there something else that I am missing??

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to put a Google Checkout button on each product page? I tried but it has the button grayed out and says Not Available for the Items *Cart is empty

Plugin Contributions

Sadly it looks like Google is closing checkout:

"On November 20th, 2013, Google will shut down its Checkout product."
    https://support.google.com/checkout/sell/answer/3080449

Plugin Contributions

If I understand correctly, they are just switching to an API, like Paypal, which will be much superior.

An update to Google Checkout
    Hello,

A key focus of Google Wallet is to simplify and improve the commerce experience for merchants and shoppers. Just last week, we announced two enhancements to the Google Wallet platform. The Instant Buy API enables merchants to offer a fast buying experience to Google Wallet shoppers on their Android apps and websites, while processing their own payments. In addition, the new Wallet Objects API enables merchants to engage their customers with loyalty, offers, and more.

As we continue to build the Wallet platform, we must focus our priorities. That is why we are announcing today that we will retire Google Checkout. We remain heavily invested in building a platform that enables merchants to meet the demands of a multi-screen world where consumers shop in-store, at their desk and on their mobile devices.
    I sell goods or services using Google Checkout. What does this mean for me?
    Merchants can continue to accept payments using Google Checkout until November 20, 2013. We have partnered with a few best-in-class companies to provide you with discounted migration options, so you can continue to run your business with as little disruption as possible.

provides everything merchants need to accept payments, and powers many of the fastest-growing online and mobile businesses around the world.

offers a fully hosted online shopping cart so you can quickly and easily accept payments with top payment providers.

is an easy to use online invoicing solution.
    If you are a U.S. merchant that does have payment processing, you can apply for Google Wallet Instant Buy, which offers a fast buying experience to Google Wallet shoppers.
    I am an Google Play Apps or digital goods merchant. What does this mean for me?
    Sellers of digital goods on Google (Google Play, Chrome Web Store, Offers Marketplace and Google Wallet for digital goods) will automatically transition to Google Wallet and will not be impacted. Learn more »

If you are a user of the above products, but use the Google Checkout APIs for notifications or reporting, stay tuned. We will be announcing replacement APIs shortly and recommend you stop using the Checkout APIs as soon as possible.

Learn more about integration types, the best migration solution for your business and next steps on closing your Checkout account.
    What this means for shoppers
    There are no changes. Shoppers can continue to use Google Wallet to purchase goods wherever they see the "Buy with Google" button.

More details
    • We will continue to process Checkout transactions until November 20, 2013. The last date for refunds will be December 20, 2013.
    • After November 20, 2013, all order reports and history will be available for download.
    • In order to help us disburse all funds to you and file your tax forms properly, please verify that your Tax ID and business name match what is shown on your income tax return.
    • You will see slight changes to the Merchant Center as we go through this process with you.

More help
    To learn more about this change, we invite you to join us for our live webinar on May 23, 2013, at 10AM PST. As always, feel free to contact us at any time. We look forward to working with you as we explore new payment methods.
    Sincerely,
    The Google Checkout Team
    http://www.divinelighting.com -- Super Orders 3.0 -- Ultimate SEO -- Quantity Discounts -- SitemapXML -- Image Handler -- Shipworks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by divinelighting View Post
    If I understand correctly, they are just switching to an API, like Paypal, which will be much superior.
    I think the key part here is in bold below:

On November 20th, 2013, Google will shut down its Checkout product. Here’s how this may affect you:

Merchants selling digital goods may transition to Google Wallet for digital goods
    Merchants selling through Google-hosted marketplaces (e.g. Google Play) will be unaffected
    Merchants selling physical goods will need to switch to third-party alternatives (see below)

Is Google offering a replacement product?

No, Google is not offering a replacement processing solution for physical goods and services.
    In other words - digital goods = fine. Physical goods and services = byebye!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast