The great midwest... Well, okay, it's not so great, but I'm stuck here!
    Plugin Contributions

Default Is it possible to turn off subcategories while I'm building them?

I'm adding another product to my bigredworkweardotcom site, it will be Bulwark Fire Resistant Apparel.

I added the Bulwark category to my homepage already, and I'm wondering if there is some way that I can build my product subcategories within the Bulwark category and not have them show up until I'm finished.

I don't want to take my entire site down for maintenance, I just want to disable the Bulwark category/subcategories.

When I built my original site, I had a test site, and then imported everything into my working site, and it didn't go smoothly. I had several problems doing it this way. It would be so much easier to just work within this category on my main site, building my different products, but I don't want people to be able to access it, as it's unfinished.

Is it possible to do this? Is there some way I can turn these subcategories off until I'm finished, but work on them?

Once again, thanks so much for the help, I appreciate everything you guys do for me, and it's been a lot over the past couple of years.
    Last edited by strugglingnovice; 18 Aug 2012 at 06:36 PM.
    I DID IT, I actually built a working cart, with the help of so many of you, Stevesh, Schoolboy, RescoCCC, to name a few. I just take one bite out of the elephant at a time and try to keep my sense of humor...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to turn off subcategories while you are building them?

Should work if you just click the subcat status to turn it off. You'd need to check after each product add to make sure nothing did a reset.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 18 Aug 2012 at 07:07 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it possible to turn off subcategories while you are building them?

Far as I know you can just disable the Bulwark category in admin (click green button to red) and still edit it and add subactegories and then products to it.