Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding a menu item to the v1.5.0 admin

In the interests of anal neatness I usually add this to get a real number for the sort order before calling the function.

It could/should be included in the zen_register_admin_page as a default if no sort order is defined.

$sql = "SELECT MAX(sort_order) AS sort_order_max FROM " . TABLE_ADMIN_PAGES . " WHERE menu_key = 'tools'";
    $result = $db->Execute($sql);
    $sort_order = $result->fields['sort_order_max']+1;
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    In the interests of anal neatness I usually add this to get a real number for the sort order before calling the function.

It could/should be included in the zen_register_admin_page as a default if no sort order is defined.

$sql = "SELECT MAX(sort_order) AS sort_order_max FROM " . TABLE_ADMIN_PAGES . " WHERE menu_key = 'tools'";
    $result = $db->Execute($sql);
    $sort_order = $result->fields['sort_order_max']+1;
    Agreed. In (most of) my plugins where an admin-page registration is required, I include a function similar to this (for the xxxx plugin):
    Code:
    function init_xxxx_next_sort ($menu_key) 
    {
        global $db;
        $next_sort = $db->Execute('SELECT MAX(sort_order) as max_sort FROM ' . TABLE_ADMIN_PAGES . " WHERE menu_key='$menu_key'");
        return $next_sort->fields['max_sort'] + 1;
    }
    and then use it like:
    Code:
    if (!zen_page_key_exists ('configDbIo')) {
        zen_register_admin_page('configDbIo', 'BOX_CONFIGURATION_DBIO', 'FILENAME_CONFIGURATION', "gID=$cgi", 'configuration', 'Y', init_xxxx_next_sort ('configuration'));

}

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I have a 1.5.6c installation. I have followed the instructions and installed the menu items and associated and target files. All works as it should. Until, I logout. Then I log in to a blank page. All I can do to get around this is remove the extra_datafiles, login and then FTP the removed files to the site. Then I can see them, until I logout again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Plugin Contributions

I have a 1.5.6c installation.

After installation I see my new menu items, they link to the pages I have created. But, if I close the browser/open and try to log back in I get a blank screen. I have to remove the files eg. new_tool_filenames.php to get back in. Then I have to upload the new_tool_filename.php again to see it in the menu.

Clearly the files are written correctly otherwise it wouldn't install.

I have tried many ways. By removing the autoloaders and the init files but this makes no difference. I realise I am missing something, can anyone assist me in this matter.

Regards

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bristolwebdesigner View Post
    I have a 1.5.6c installation.

After installation I see my new menu items, they link to the pages I have created. But, if I close the browser/open and try to log back in I get a blank screen. I have to remove the files eg. new_tool_filenames.php to get back in. Then I have to upload the new_tool_filename.php again to see it in the menu.

Clearly the files are written correctly otherwise it wouldn't install.

I have tried many ways. By removing the autoloaders and the init files but this makes no difference. I realise I am missing something, can anyone assist me in this matter.

Regards
    When you get that blank-screen, that's PHP's (and Zen Cart's) way of telling you to go look in your site's /logs directory. You'll see file(s) named myDEBUG-adm-*.log created on/around the time you tried to log back in.

Let us know the contents of the log, remembering to xxx-out your admin's directory name and post the information using 'CODE' tags (that big # in the menu-bar when you're writing your response).

Plugin Contributions

[14-May-2020 11:37:42 Europe/London] Request URI: /test/ADMIN/new_tool_two.php?products_filter_name_model=2020-04-22, IP address: 62.64.204.255
    #1 header() called at [/home/DIR/public_html/test/ADMIN/includes/init_includes/init_gzip.php:34]
    #2 require(/home/DIR/public_html/test/ADMIN/includes/init_includes/init_gzip.php) called at [/home/DIR/public_html/test/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #3 require(/home/DIR/public_html/test/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home/DIR/public_html/test/ADMIN/includes/application_top.php:171]
    #4 require(/home/DIR/public_html/test/ADMIN/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home/DIR/public_html/test/ADMIN/new_tool_two.php:18]
    --
    --> PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/DIR/public_html/test/ADMIN/new_tool_two.php:7) in /home/DIR/public_html/test/ADMIN/includes/init_includes/init_gzip.php on line 34.

The contents of the log entry above.

I fould a workaround. I removed the files and added the 'define(FILENAME etc. to an existing file. I chose clone_template_filenames.php. Worked immediately.

If anyone else has had a similar problem or can show me a better way, as this file could be over-written on upgrade, please let me know.

I really appreciate your help.

Plugin Contributions

Your new_tool_two.php apparently has spaces either before the initial <?php or after a trailing ?>. Note that it's current PHP programming practice to never end a script with a ?>.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Thanks for the rapid reply. That's not it. I'd already tried both ways before posting. I just to be sure.

<?php define('FILENAME_NEW_TOOL_TWO', 'new_tool_two');

Blank screen. Remove the file and my workaround is still operational.

Thanks for trying.

Regards

Andy

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I take it back. It does work. I did have one line space above. Should've gone to that well advertised opticians.

Thank you for all you elp.

Stay safe.

Regards

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12