Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Web payments standard - IPN problems

Hi all,
    I am using Paypal web payments stardard - IPN on my two websites and am having two different problems on both sites. Have looked for the answers on the forum and can't find anything that has worked, but if there is a thread already started would someone direct me toward it please.

I am using Hostgator as my hosting company, and upload files using the built in FTP on the hostgator site.
    I have zencart v. 1.5.0 on both websites.

Have a direct deposit - Australian addon on both sites, and the footer addon on one site both added several months ago. However, I had not checked the payments through paypal for a while anyway after installing either addon.

I think the problem is a set up problem, as in something I haven't done that needs doing. I have rung Paypal to see if they can help and they kindly told me to go back to my third party cart and find out what's happening:)

Problem one:
    First website, once the customer has confirmed order at step 3 in the shopping cart, and is directed to paypal, it has added approx $10 dollars to the total, amount changes with each order (have tried several dif orders myself). Currency in paypal total is australian.

Shipping options available: free + table rate enabled, per item, per unit, store pickup installed but disabled, no information in any of the disable modules that would add extra money I think anyway?!
    Payment options available: enabled - Direct deposit - Australian (addon), freeorder, web payments standard.

Problem two:
    second website, once the customer has confirmed order at step 3 in the shopping cart, and is directed to paypal, the total is correct as in if the total at step 3 was $43, it is still $43 once it gets to paypal, except the currency is in USD, so I do not get the correct amount when it is processed, and depending on the currency rate at the time, that can be a significant amount!

Shipping options available: free + table rate enabled, per item, per unit, store pickup installed but disabled, no information in any of the disable modules that would add extra money I think anyway?!
    Payment options available: enabled - Direct deposit - Australian (addon), freeorder, web payments standard

I think I changed all my currencies in website two to AUD, so am not sure why it is still doing this.

I have not set up any shipping information on paypal, the lady on the phone from paypal confirmed this.

if anymore info is needed ask away.

Thanks for any help,
    Turina

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Web payments standard - IPN problems

1. Sounds like you've got taxes or shipping configured in your Paypal account profile. You said you checked the shipping. Maybe it's a tax rate.

2. In your store's Admin, if you click Edit on your PayPal module, there is a list of currencies. Either choose "Selected" or choose AUD. Sounds like yours is set to USD.

General:
    It's strongly recommended that you use the more contemporary and reliable Express Checkout instead of Payments Standard. You may find that all these problems disappear when you switch to Express Checkout instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Web payments standard - IPN problems

Thanks for your reply,
    your were right about the 2nd problem, I didn't have a currency selected in my admin, so it defaulted to USD. However, now both site are adding some random extra amount at checkout, have disabled paypal on my site till I find out the problem..

I have just installed Paypal express on one site, but it still adds extra amount at the paypal end?! Am a bit stuck now, Paypal is saying that it is a zencart problem, but will ring them again to see about the tax thing.
    Turina

Plugin Contributions

Default PROBLEM SOLVED THANKS: Paypal Web payments standard - IPN problems

Woohoo,
    Found the problem. I went to currency under localization in admin and while I changed the currency in the Paypal express, the US currency was set at 1.000000 and Australia was set to 1.780000, so changed AUS to 1.000000 and all is fixed.

Thanks again
    Turina