Plugin Contributions

Default Looking for help Merging Files for Plugins

I am trying to install fast and easy checkout but i also have ty package tracker but both use the admin/orders.php file I have tried merging them myself but i keep messing it up. Could someone do this???

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Looking for help Merging Files for Plugins

If you are unable to do this yourself you'll probably be needing to look for some kind of commercial help. I seriously doubt that anyone is going to d/load the modules, merge the code and supply it to you out of the goodness of their heart.

Before giving up on your own attempts though, exactly how are you going about doing the merge yourself? Are you using a text editor and trying to copy/paste the code, or are you using the proper tool for the job (eg: Kdiff3, Winmerge, etc, etc).

If you've not tried using these tools before, then now is a good time to learn.

Another tip that you may find useful is to first identify which of these two modules make the *most* changes to the core code and use *that* modules modified code for you 'base', and then merge the *other* modules code into this 'base' code.

By doing it this way you are effectively only needing to merge one file into the other, and the original zencart code can be ignored.

This of course assumes that the module(s) contain premodified code (as most do).

The hard way of doing things is to merge the code from *both* modules into the original zencart code.

Hopefully you find this useful.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

well i figured someone may have already merged these files for their own use

I use beyond compare

There are several instances where on the same line is edited for the 2 different plug ins

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CnTGifts View Post
    There are several instances where on the same line is edited for the 2 different plug ins
    "Several" doesn't sound like much. Perhaps if you copy/paste the relevent lines of code into a message then someone may be able to show you what the final merged line(s) should look like.

Cheers
    Rod