Plugin Contributions

red flag Conflicting Modules

I am using UPC codes and Map Pricing on my site. Does anyone know of any reason why Map pricing module and UPC module will not work when installed together on the same site.

I am presently using Map Pricing Module and am placing UPC in description which is not good fgor search engines, Both modules should be able to function without conflicting.

if I re-upload UPC again to my server then UPC Code work but map doesn't. If I re-upload Map then Map works and UPC doesnt. It is clear that they are knocking each other off but I cannot find the solution to stop this and have both function together.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Conflicting Modules

Which UPC module are you using?

Plugin Contributions

Check both mods and see what files both are modifying, and let us know.

Plugin Contributions

The first thing to look at is the list of files in each mod. If they each have a copy of one or more files, those copies will need to be merged to incorporate the customizations for both mods. Sometimes they both may want to change the same lines in different ways; then you may not be able to make them work together.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the response guys. The UPC is v2.2

COMPATIBILITIY:
    ===============
    zen cart 1.5.0

and Map pricing is v1.5

I have been exploring the comparative similarity between the 2 programs and as far as I can see, They are almost Identical coding accept that Map doesn't have and UPC/ISDN entries.

What I have found is that Mappricing admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php is almost Identical to the contents of UPC/ISDN admin/includes/modules/poroducts/collect_info.php

If you need me to post code i can but I thought it might be a lot of clutter if these two programs are readily available to you. I will post the code if you need it. Just let me know.

I can see what appears to be the issue as I said but I have no idea what would need to be modified to make them work togther.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Posting just the sections of the file where there are differences (with a few lines above & below for context) may let us quickly advise on merging. I hava a stock copy of the file currently loaded in Notepad++ for comparison.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rayandlola View Post
    Thanks for the response guys. The UPC is v2.2

COMPATIBILITIY:
    ===============
    zen cart 1.5.0

and Map pricing is v1.5

I have been exploring the comparative similarity between the 2 programs and as far as I can see, They are almost Identical coding accept that Map doesn't have and UPC/ISDN entries.

What I have found is that Mappricing admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php is almost Identical to the contents of UPC/ISDN admin/includes/modules/poroducts/collect_info.php

If you need me to post code i can but I thought it might be a lot of clutter if these two programs are readily available to you. I will post the code if you need it. Just let me know.

I can see what appears to be the issue as I said but I have no idea what would need to be modified to make them work togther.

Thanks in advance for your help.

FWIW, I have the MAP module and the Numinix Product Fields (which includes UPC) installed with no conflicts.

This one:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1495

Not this one:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=442

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the Replies. To limitless, I did as you indicated and tried your combination of Numinix Products Fields with optional addin UPC/ISDN and the Map Pricing and guess what? They Knocked each other out. As soon as I added th eoptional UPC/ISDN optional Module in Numinix it killed Map when I re-installed map my Whole product fileds disappeared. UPC/ISDN included.

I am going to run winmerge and if that fails I will match the 2 folders and send the text comparisons in then to try to save some time.

Plugin Contributions

I only run UPC fields on the backend, not on the front-end. So that ~may~ be what is causing your issues. Both modify the way it displays to the customer, but I don't want to display UPC to the customer, only need it to be a field in the db for CSE exports.