Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [Done 1.6.0] Not a bug report

When setting up new stores, or making a bunch of changes like shipping, payments etc the volume of emails is setting off the spam alert in mail programs such as gmail. My concern is that these types of monitored platforms, who keep their own spam lists, will lower the trust score of the IP/mailserver and eventually could end up blacklisted.

I would like to propose a aggregated email after X amount of time or dropping the emails for logging instead to avoid this.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not a bug report

I'm not seeing any get flagged as spam.

If you look at the source of those emails in gmail, has gmail actually stated in the email headers *why* they've flagged them as spam? If they're giving "reasons why", then there might be something more that can be done to minimize the likelihood of triggering it.

I know that there can be a bit of "volume" if I'm making a ton of separate config changes repeatedly while tweaking. But never saw it flagged as spam.
    Are you seeing 5 such emails? or 25? or 250?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

For example.... setting the sort order for 3 shipping modules sent a barrage of emails 5 in total, 3 to spam and the first 2 to the inbox. I would be happy to send you headers... but not to post plz.
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Why is this message in Spam? It's similar to messages that were detected by our spam filters. Learn more

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sure, please PM me with the headers from those, all 5 please.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What's the Admin->Configuration->Email Options->Email Transport Method set to?
    If it's not set to SMTPAUTH, I'd be interested in seeing how switching to SMTPAUTH affects these symptoms.

Plugin Contributions

PHP mail

Plugin Contributions

We cannot use SMTP auth because the protocol cannot match the security requirements on the server for PCI ..... and for PCI mail passwords must be changed every 90 days as well, which would set off a landslide of brutes when they cannot connect

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay.

Well, unauthenticated messages sent from the server as a generic user (ie: "nobody" or "www" or "apache", etc) do quite often trip spam flags; whereas SMTP Authenticated messages don't trigger those issues.

I gather from your last post that you don't have the ability to perform a temporary test of this to rule out this particular factor in relation to the symptoms you're reporting.

Plugin Contributions

Well, unauthenticated messages sent from the server as a generic user (ie: "nobody" or "www" or "apache", etc) do quite often trip spam flags; whereas SMTP Authenticated messages don't trigger those issues.
    We are actually setup for the protocol, nobody yes, but unknown no. Apache will not send mail as nobody unless it actually originates from the hosted account.
    I gather from your last post that you don't have the ability to perform a temporary test of this to rule out this particular factor in relation to the symptoms you're reporting.
    Not really. I could hack the protocol a bit to get SMTP auth to connect and test, but the sheer fact that then client's Zen Cart's could brute block when they passwords need changed makes it's not a viable option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast