Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin New Customer 1.4 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by n3qnj View Post
    Hi, everyone. I'm a brand noob user of Zen Cart. I'm trying to see if this software can be a solution for a customer of mine. I think it can with this plug in and a couple of others.

I have Zen Cart 1.5.3 installed. This plugin looks like it will do what I need to do, but it doesn't mention 1.5.3. It stops at 1.5.1. As I said I'm not too familiar with Zen Cart so it could be that 1.5.1 and 1.5.3 and practically identical except for small changes, but I don't know for sure.

Can anyone tell me if this plug in is compatible with ZC 1.5.3? If so are there any mods that I need to worry about?

Thanks so much.

Mark
    I have it loaded in 1.5.3 but I am having a problem with the state text box.
    I get the following error message no matter what I do

---------------------------
    Message from webpage
    Errors have occurred during the processing of your form!
    Please make the following corrections:

* Your State must contain a minimum of 2 characters.

OK
    Last edited by wsworx; 1 Dec 2014 at 10:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

@wsworx

Have any modifications been made to the customer facing "create account" process (such as COWOA, FEAC, etc)?
    Please provide the contents of any debug logs (use a code block - the # in the editor).
    Please post the settings for "admin"->"configuration"->"customer details".

I've got version 1.4 of this module installed and working under 1.5.1, 1.5.2, and 1.5.3.
    Last edited by lhungil; 3 Dec 2014 at 11:26 PM.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart 1.5.4 upgraded from 1.5.3 in February 2015 via official upgrade procedure with FTP and zc_install.
    PHP 5.4.28, MySQL 5.5.42-cll

First time install of latest versions of Admin New Customer, Edit Orders, Admin New Orders in exactly that order. These are the only plug-ins installed.

FYI When I installed Admin New Customer the admin_new_customer_3\1_affected_files_151\includes\functions\password_funcs.php broke the admin login page in that it wouldn't accept any passwords so I had to revert to "clean" 1.5.4 version. --> I'm still testing the functionality of the plug-in, but will an update soon be available?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nelaweb View Post
    ... FYI When I installed Admin New Customer the admin_new_customer_3\1_affected_files_151\includes\functions\password_funcs.php broke the admin login page in that it wouldn't accept any passwords so I had to revert to "clean" 1.5.4 version. --> I'm still testing the functionality of the plug-in, but will an update soon be available?
    If one is running a newer version of Zen Cart, one cannot just "overwrite" core Zen Cart files with those found in "1_affected_files_151". Instead one will need to manually merge applicable changes.

Specifically for this module under Zen Cart 1.5.4:
    • There is no need to modify "/includes/functions/password_funcs.php" unless one has altered the default Zen Cart constant "DIR_WS_INCLUDES". If this has been altered, line #134 should be updated to reflect the correct path.
    • The Zen Cart file "/admin/customer.php" will need to have the code for the "insert button" manually merged.
    • There is no need to modify "/admin/includes/languages/english.php". The changes in this file were a preference (more friendly / verbose admin messages). Future versions will not include these changes. However, one can start with the stock Zen Cart 1.5.4 version of this file and modify the language phrases as desired.
    • The Zen Cart file "/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php" will need to be manually merged. In particular the functions "zen_js_zone_list" and "zen_js_billing_zone_list". Future version will not include these changes (the functionality will be integrated into "/admin/new_customer.php").

While there are plans for at least one more release of this module, there is no ETA at this time (the current version works as long as the affected files are manually merged).

I do plan to eventually collaborate with the author of Add Customers from Admin. Mainly to add the "insert" button functionality of this module and split the CSV upload into another admin page to allow greater access control. You may want to look into Add Customers from Admin, last I checked (about a year ago) it worked well with both Edit Orders and Admin New Order.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

ZC v1.51
    Edit Orders
    Admin New Customer
    Admin New Order

Hi there,
    I'm having a very strange issue come up when adding new customers.
    Once I add the new customer from the admin, and return to the 'edit' screen, the birthday that was entered when created changes to 11/30/2036 . Once edited to 'fix' it, it will stay as the new, edited date.

I have had no luck searching the forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

What format are you using to enter the DOB?

Plugin Contributions

I'm having trouble getting v1.4 from the zencart downloads site. It only delivers a package that looks like v1.3 - all the documentation refers only to 1.3.

Have I missed something? Is there another place to acquire it - github maybe?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by saharmohamedali View Post
    Once I add the new customer from the admin, and return to the 'edit' screen, the birthday that was entered when created changes to 11/30/2036 . Once edited to 'fix' it, it will stay as the new, edited date.
    What format are you using to enter the DOB? I need to know what exactly is being entered.

What version of PHP is being used on the server? Please provide what Zen Cart reports in the admin under "version".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lucidlee View Post
    I'm having trouble getting v1.4 from the zencart downloads site. It only delivers a package that looks like v1.3 - all the documentation refers only to 1.3. ...
    It is the latest public release, please ignore the version numbers in the readme.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I dropped the ball, here. For me, the following info applies:

DOB format: (eg. 05/21/1970) this is the exact example given in new_customer.php

PHP version: 5.2.17

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast