Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Customers from Admin 2.0 (1.5.0 and later) [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy Morris View Post
    Hi,
    I've just installed Add Customers From Admin version 1.5.0.
    I'm adding customers details individually as and when a customer calls us.
    Just wondering if there is a way to switch off the customer's e-mail address field so that it's not necessary to enter an e-mail address?
    This would be handy for us as most of our customers who place an order over the 'phone do so because they are not familiar with using web sites and don't have an e-mail address.
    Thanks in advance,
    Christine
    Chrissy, unfortunately it's the customer's email-address that Zen Cart uses to identify which customer you're dealing with.

Perhaps instead of using Add Customers from Admin to define those unique customer accounts, you could create an "order-taker" account that's associated with one of the store's email addresses.

That way, you'd change the bill-to and ship-to addresses for every order, but then you'd have an easy record of what orders were placed over the phone, too.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Chrissy, unfortunately it's the customer's email-address that Zen Cart uses to identify which customer you're dealing with.

Perhaps instead of using Add Customers from Admin to define those unique customer accounts, you could create an "order-taker" account that's associated with one of the store's email addresses.

That way, you'd change the bill-to and ship-to addresses for every order, but then you'd have an easy record of what orders were placed over the phone, too.

Many thanks for your reply.
    I'll look into your suggestion.
    Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for this great Plug-In
    I am using 1.5.5e
    How do I remove the duplicate Add Customer from the drop menu?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Add Customer Menu Issue.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	17541

Plugin Contributions

That's going to require some database surgery. You'll need to look in the admin_pages table, looking for entries with a menu_key value of customers. There's (somehow) a duplicate in there.

I'd be interested to know what values are present before you remove one!

Plugin Contributions

That's going to require some database surgery. You'll need to look in the admin_pages table, looking for entries with a menu_key value of customers. There's (somehow) a duplicate in there.

I'd be interested to know what values are present before you remove one!
    So this is what I have in the database

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Add Customer Menu Issue 2.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	17546

So I just changed "customersAddCustomer"'s "Show On Menu" status to "N", column to the far right. That took the extra one off.
    Last edited by wsworx; 23 Dec 2017 at 11:50 PM.

Plugin Contributions

You must have installed Admin: New Customer at one point, that's where the additional menu item came from.

Plugin Contributions

You must have installed Admin: New Customer at one point, that's where the additional menu item came from.
    Your correct, sort of.
    I remembered after the fact that I was using a copy of the live database to get this new site setup.
    The old site had this same issue so that is why it popped up with this fresh installation.....lol.
    Probably 75% of most issues are always generated by the user.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wsworx View Post
    Your correct, sort of.
    I remembered after the fact that I was using a copy of the live database to get this new site setup.
    The old site had this same issue so that is why it popped up with this fresh installation.....lol.
    Probably 75% of most issues are always generated by the user.
    Hi,

I have read the documentation and all the posts in the forum but still have a couple questions.

1:
    I have a fresh install of 1.5.6a and during testing several accounts and orders have been created and deleted.
    Will there be a conflict in the database Customer ID & Address ID sequence numbers if I delete all the customers and orders (except the Guest) in the new ZC 1.5.6a installation and then import 800+ customers from the ZC 1.5.1. installation?

2:
    When doing the import I take it the script generates a new password which can then be emailed to the customer.
    2a:
    If I'm not mistaken during my testing when I copied the current 1.5.1 (35 character) encrypted password from the old account to the new account (Using PHP Admin) the first time the customer log into 1.5.6a it accepted the customers former password and converted it to the new ( 60 character) encryption.
    So am I correct in saying when going from 1.5.1 to 1.5.6a there is now no need to deal with password resets if you also copy the password.
    2b:
    If that is correct it would be a nice feature to add and so some guidance on where to modify that in the script to not generate a new password but just copy the old one over would be appreciated.

3:
    Several of these customers have multiple Bill to Addresses .
    I'm assuming I will need to identify those customers and import those additional addresses into their address book(s).
    I have done this in the past when creating new accounts for these persons but I was just wondering of ZC 1.5.6a treats the address book differently.

Many Thanks for your time!!!
    Last edited by linuxguy2; 1 Mar 2019 at 10:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    Hi,

I have read the documentation and all the posts in the forum but still have a couple questions.

1:
    I have a fresh install of 1.5.6a and during testing several accounts and orders have been created and deleted.
    Will there be a conflict in the database Customer ID & Address ID sequence numbers if I delete all the customers and orders (except the Guest) in the new ZC 1.5.6a installation and then import 800+ customers from the ZC 1.5.1. installation?

2:
    When doing the import I take it the script generates a new password which can then be emailed to the customer.
    2a:
    If I'm not mistaken during my testing when I copied the current 1.5.1 (35 character) encrypted password from the old account to the new account (Using PHP Admin) the first time the customer log into 1.5.6a it accepted the customers former password and converted it to the new ( 60 character) encryption.
    So am I correct in saying when going from 1.5.1 to 1.5.6a there is now no need to deal with password resets if you also copy the password.
    2b:
    If that is correct it would be a nice feature to add and so some guidance on where to modify that in the script to not generate a new password but just copy the old one over would be appreciated.

3:
    Several of these customers have multiple Bill to Addresses .
    I'm assuming I will need to identify those customers and import those additional addresses into their address book(s).
    I have done this in the past when creating new accounts for these persons but I was just wondering of ZC 1.5.6a treats the address book differently.

Many Thanks for your time!!!
    Additional information desired:
    I am using the "Additional Customer Fields" plugin.
    customers_extrafield, customers_extrafield2, customers_extrafield3 and customers_extrafield4
    Can I just add those entries to the code and the *.csv file and expect that info to be imported also?
    if so a little guidance on where/how to add that to the script be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    Additional information desired:
    I am using the "Additional Customer Fields" plugin.
    customers_extrafield, customers_extrafield2, customers_extrafield3 and customers_extrafield4
    Can I just add those entries to the code and the *.csv file and expect that info to be imported also?
    if so a little guidance on where/how to add that to the script be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Looks like I was WRONG about about 2a and 2b in my original post!!!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast