Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Customers from Admin 2.0 (1.5.0 and later) [Support Thread]

I've submitted v2.0.2 to the Plugins area; it should be available shortly. The only change is to /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/extra_datafiles/add_customers_filenames.php:
    Code:
    define('FILENAME_ADD_CUSTOMERS', 'add_customers');  /*v2.0.2c: lat9*/
    The previous version included the '.php' at the end of the filename, which would result in an access-denied error if anyone other than a superuser admin attempted to access the tool.

Plugin Contributions

Add Customer does not display in admin/customer. The install was straight forward and I double checked. I am running 1.5 I could use some clues on this.

Plugin Contributions

Did you rename the YOUR_ADMIN folder to match your renamed admin folder? If you FTP'd the files while you were signed into your admin, did you refresh the screen to allow the "Add Customers" item to be added to the Customers menu?

Plugin Contributions

I add files one at a time so that Isn't an issue. Yes refreshed.

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Did you rename the YOUR_ADMIN folder to match your renamed admin folder? If you FTP'd the files while you were signed into your admin, did you refresh the screen to allow the "Add Customers" item to be added to the Customers menu?

Plugin Contributions

The following files are required to get the Add Customers item to display on the Customers tab:

/YOUR_ADMIN/add_customers.php
    /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/extra_datafiles/add_customers_filenames.php
    /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/functions/extra_functions/init_add_customers.php
    /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/add_customers_name.php

Don't get me wrong, the other files are necessary to allow the plugin to operate properly without blank-pages and the like ... but the files listed above are the minimum set required to get the plugin to display on the dropdown menu. You might also check to see that you don't have any debug*.log files in your /logs directory.

If it looks like all those files are present, you might try FTPing them again. I've personally never had a problem with corrupt files that I've FTP'd, but I've seen a bunch of issues that were solved by re-FTPing.

Plugin Contributions

Re-FTP'd. Works, Thanks. Probably human error. Uh,...ok, definitely human error.

Plugin Contributions

I'm glad you got it sorted out!

Plugin Contributions

Default Customizing the Add Customers form to include Wholesale/Retail pricing option

I have installed the Add Customers from Admin plugin (v2.0.2) to my store (v1.5.1) and it's working fine. But I would like to add the Wholesale/Retail pricing option to the add customer form. I already have installed the Dual Pricing add-on (v2.0). which allows me to do this to the customer form from admin. Could someone walk me through which files I need to edit and in what way? I would also like to give customers the option of choosing the Wholesale/Retail option when they create an account. Any ideas on that?

Thanks,

Tom

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customizing the Add Customers form to include Wholesale/Retail pricing option

I'm not familiar with that add-on, but to add a Wholesale/Retail switch (and associated database manipulations) to this plugin, you'll need to modify:

/YOUR_ADMIN/add_customers.php: Add a table-row to display (I'm guessing) a checkbox field that identifies whether (checked) or not (unchecked) the customer is a wholesale one.

/YOUR_ADMIN/add_customers_backend.php: Update the insert_customer function to check for the presence (i.e. checked) of the wholesale-customer $_POST variable and set the associated field in the required table of the database.

/YOUR_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/add_customers.php: Add whatever label you want to have associated with the Wholesale/Retail checkbox.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customizing the Add Customers form to include Wholesale/Retail pricing option

I've installed this plugin on ZC 1.5.1. Under Customers\Add Customer, I can manually type in a new customer's details and it'll add my customer to the database perfectly. But importing a CSV file using the very same formatting as the "example_addresses.csv" file supplied, causes the screen to flash/refresh and then nothing is added to the customer list. I've tried the Part and File options, upper and lower case letters for everything, but still no csv import. Any ideas?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast