Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Version: 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by relish View Post
    On Zencart 1.5.0 ... we are getting this error when clicking 'new order' from Admin Home -> Customers -> Customers ... The website encountered an error while retrieving ...
    What error message is recorded in the server logs as the cause of the "Internal Server Error"? What version of PHP is your web server running?

The link shown in the address bar is: "http://localhost/XXXXXX/new_order.php?cID=222&action=new"
    Can I safely assume your admin folder is named XXXXXX (or you masked the admin name with XXXXXX)? Are you running this on localhost (or masking a domain)?
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    What error message is recorded in the server logs as the cause of the "Internal Server Error"? What version of PHP is your web server running?

Can I safely assume your admin folder is named XXXXXX (or you masked the admin name with XXXXXX)? Are you running this on localhost (or masking a domain)?
    I have masked the admin folder name with XXXXXX
    Running it on localhost XAMP
    Please see server info below
    Name:  Clipboard02.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  15.5 KB

Plugin Contributions

Running it on localhost XAMP
    Please provide any Zen Cart error logs corresponding to the message. These can be found in the log file directory you configured when installing Zen Cart. Log files generated when browsing the admin pages usually have "adm" in the name. These may or may not have been created.

The XAMPP Apache Error logs are usually at something like "\xampp\apache\logs\error.log". Please look through your error logs and find the line corresponding to the 50X error message. These are always created when Apache displays a 50x error unless you have disabled the error_log for apache. If you have disabled the error_log, please turn it back on.

Looking at the contents of these logs should give a better idea of the underlying cause.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Quote Originally Posted by Canvas101 View Post
    Ok,

Looks like a left out a line of code from my merge file as above....

added the following code //include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $_SESSION['language'] . '/modules/order_total/' . $value);
    and all is now working.

Thanks for all you help.
    I get the same messages you got wrt language. I have tried to paste your code into the class document, but nothing has changed. Can you please tell me where you included the code. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by anniemacbee View Post
    I get the same messages you got wrt language. I have tried to paste your code into the class document, but nothing has changed. Can you please tell me where you included the code. Thanks.
    No surprises there Canvas101, yours is modified. I just have a regular ol' installation, and still get titles in the subtotal and total summaries. Something is not loading the languages. I'm sure it must be something simple. Any suggestions?

Please ignore last messages. I don't know what I did, but it all works now.

Plugin Contributions

As I am not a programmer, excuse my ignorance :-)
    How to go about merging two files as needed for this installation, there must be a step by step instruction somewhere?
    Once the New Order is installed, will there be a way to actually checkout (say the customer phoned in an order and gave his CC over the phone)?
    Tia

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adolgin View Post
    ... How to go about merging two files as needed for this installation, there must be a step by step instruction somewhere? ...
    If you have not modified the "affected file", you can backup the original and use the file provided by this module. All changes needed from a "stock" version of Zen Cart 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 have been included. Just make sure you use the correct "affected_files" for your installed version.

If you have modified the "affected file" in the Zen Cart installation... There is no way we can create a "step by step instruction" as we have no idea what in your installation has been changed or why. You can use a tool such as WinMerge or Beyond Compare to see the differences between the files (provided by this module vs. your installation). These tools can then be used to "merge" the files as needed.

If you are unsure if the original has been modified (you inherited the installation), you can use a tool such as WinMerge or Beyond Compare to see what is different between your installation and what is included in the Zen Cart distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by adolgin View Post
    ... Once the New Order is installed, will there be a way to actually checkout (say the customer phoned in an order and gave his CC over the phone)?
    Nope, this would require quite a large number of changes to Zen Cart to accomplish. Right now most people just add the order to Zen Cart to provide the customer with an invoice, online account to track the order, and for record keeping / reporting. When a customer calls in over the phone, payment is typically handled over the phone via other methods (for example Authorize.Net online account) and the payment is recorded manually in Zen Cart.

There is another alternative to accomplish what it sounds like you want (customer calls & you add the customer and order to Zen Cart - and take payment over the phone at the same time inside Zen Cart). However it requires a modification to Zen Cart which IMHO makes Zen Cart less secure (modifies Zen Cart to have a "master" password which can log into EVERY customer account). Using this method you can log into a customer account from the admin (or the store front) and go through checkout the same way as a customer does.

Both methods work with Zen Cart, and if you use either, I'd recommend either "Admin New Customer" or "Add Customers from Admin (1.5.0)" for adding new customer's manually. The first is basic, but works well with "Admin New Order". The second is far more robust and includes methods for importing customers ;)

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for the answers. I did not have any changes to stock files; tried to install New Customers, Edit Orders, New Orders all on the same day (all your contributions). It appears that the 2nd and 3d went in no problem, but the first did not, conflicted with the 2, 3. There seems to be a need of merging between all 3. Right?
    Your 2nd answer on the CC processing confirmed what I suspected, so I do not need to look for the right button :-)

Plugin Contributions

Yes you would need to merge the "customers.php" files as both "Admin New Order" and "Admin New Customer" modify the same core file. With WinMerge, you just compare the two files and tell it to "merge" the code. Sent you a PM ;)

Merge #1: Right to Left (click to enlarge)
    Attachment 12011

Merge #2: Left to Right (click to enlarge)
    Attachment 12012
    Last edited by lhungil; 27 Feb 2013 at 07:00 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast