Plugin Contributions

red flag I rebuild my site on the new version from 1.3.8a to 1.5 only what I need is ...

Every think is new, 1.3.8a to 1.5 old template to brand new...

What I need now to migrate old customers DB, orders and reviews from my old site to new. how to do it correct way?
    Ambra
    ---------------------------------

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I rebuild my site on the new version from 1.3.8a to 1.5 only what I need is ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I rebuild my site on the new version from 1.3.8a to 1.5 only what I need is ...

The only problem is Im stock in ....and dont know what to do.
    Im just before that...
    Run /zc_install/index.php and choose "Upgrade" when prompted. (Don't select "Install", or you will overwrite your database.) (If "Upgrade" is not offered, then the installer was unable to connect to your database to confirm what version its structure is at. Check your configure.php settings.)

Test your customizations. Edit as needed. Compare with the test/demo install performed earlier, as needed.
    Ambra

Plugin Contributions

Ambra

Plugin Contributions

Your new site template is produced by Template Monster
    Search this forum for them and see the issues caused by their templates
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ambra View Post
    The only problem is Im stock in ....and dont know what to do.
    Im just before that...
    Run /zc_install/index.php and choose "Upgrade" when prompted. (Don't select "Install", or you will overwrite your database.) (If "Upgrade" is not offered, then the installer was unable to connect to your database to confirm what version its structure is at. Check your configure.php settings.)

Test your customizations. Edit as needed. Compare with the test/demo install performed earlier, as needed.
    While you didn't say as much, I suspect your question means "where do I get the zc_install files"?

1. Download Zen Cart from www.zen-cart.com/getit
    2. Unzip
    3. The zc_install folder will be in that unzipped set of files
    4. Upload the zc_install folder to your new store's folder on your webserver
    5. Use your browser to go to "www.your_store.com/new_store_folder/zc_install/index.php", and follow the instructions, choosing Database Upgrade instead of Install, when prompted.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I was wondering ... can I pay someone to do that for me ?? Is it anyone on that forum could work for me on that ??
    Ambra