Plugin Contributions

Default Link information from out of stock product to the contact us page

Currently, my website is wwrepair.com/parts and when a product is "Sold Out", the customer is not able to add to cart, but they can click on the "Contact Us" link to inquire about price and availability of the part. My question is, can I have the product number or model number transfer to the contact us page so I know what they are inquiring about? The way it is now, they have to already know the numbers to put in the message OR they have to go back to get that information. Most customers find what they need by the picture and frankly want it easy to inquire about a back order product. Is it a crazy hard thing to accomplish? Thank you again for any advise.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Link information from out of stock product to the contact us page

There's this:

http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=109

I haven't used it.

Plugin Contributions

I'm using the "Ask a Question" plugin on ZC 1.5.0 (it works great); there's also Ceon Back In Stock Notifications, which will automatically send the customer(s) an email when the product is back-in-stock.

Plugin Contributions

Excellent! the "Ask a Question" module works perfectly. Thank you so much! The other option suggested (Ceon Back in Stock Notifications) didn't actually apply in my situation as I will not necessarily be getting all sold out products back into stock - too many special order parts (for appliance repair and there are literally millions available to order) Thanks again for your input!