Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Has Any merged Tax Cloud and Fast and Easy Checkout

Thanks picandnix, I do appreciate! ~magz
    Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    I'll have a look at this this evening for you Magz...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by magz View Post
    Thanks picandnix, I do appreciate! ~magz
    You're welcome, I started on it last night, I'll do another sitting this evening too hopefully.

Plugin Contributions

I am using zen cart 1.5.4 and just installed Taxcloud. It shows it connected to the site but wont register transactions. I spoke to the people at taxcloud and they said it may have something to do with the fast and easy checkout installed. They contacted numinex last year about the incompatibility and said nothing was responded back. Taxcloud assumed it was resolved. They have not had anyone contact them about this in some time. Has anyone else seen this issue? My site does not collect tax now at all so i will need to uninstall this software and restore my old settings soon. It also seems to have broken my ability to do refunds via zencart. I use paypal pro as my payment method. I was able to refund through paypal still but not the admin section. Any help/ advise would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone got this working yet? I am using zencart 1.54 and fast and easy checkout and taxcloud. They do not work together. If you got them working together please let me know how. I need taxcloud being NY has around 51 different counties to collect taxes from. Does anyone know a different checkout plug that will work with taxcloud if fast and easy checkout can't be fixed? Thanks...

Plugin Contributions

Here is the response i got from Taxcloud. If any developers want to take on a project this one would help out a lot of people if you can figure it out. I will have to uninstall Fast and Easy Checkout for now being I need Taxcloud installed. Here in NY we have around 51 tax jurisdictions so it is impossible to do it all by hand and keep up with the changing tax rates on top of that.

As far as we know at this time, Fast and Easy Checkout conflicts/overwrites/ignores important components of TaxCloud.
    We did deploy several updates to GitHub last week to work with the most recent versions of ZenCart, but we do not know if those updates have corrected the conflict with Fast and Easy Checkout.
    You may want to ask Numinix (the creators of Fast and Easy Checkout) when they plan to adopt TaxCloud for their customers - because when faced with the choice of a no-login-checkout experience and manually complying with sales tax laws across the country, most merchants choose free sales tax compliance.
    We look forward to working with the Numinix FEC team to get our modules to work together, but in our last two exchanges with them, they wanted TaxCloud to pay them - a prospect that is difficult for us to accept, given that our service is free.
    Thank you for your understanding, and I am sorry I don't have better news to report.

Plugin Contributions

The issue with TaxCloud is that it needed to add the FEC checkout pages to the list of pages which TaxCloud loads on. This is done in includes/classes/order.php a core Zen Cart file.

Additionally, the TaxCloud plugin is buggy. When ot_tax is enabled, tax will be duplicated by TaxCloud. If ot_tax is disabled, then no tax will show in the checkout at all (confirmed on default Zen Cart checkout as well as FEC). However, it will magically appear on the invoice when ot_tax is disabled. I am not sure if it is actually getting charged to the customer or just added to the order after the fact as my tests were performed with money order.

Another bug is that TaxCloud was sending the full state name instead of the abbreviations that their API requires. We ended up forking the plugin and have made it freely available here: https://github.com/numinix/TaxCloud. You can see the fix in the commits. This version also includes the customizations to work with Fast and Easy Checkout, Fast and Easy Ajax Checkout, and One Page Responsive Checkout.

The bugs with duplicate tax or tax not showing in the checkout still need to be resolved and we'll be happy to work on those updates if a community member sponsors the work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123