Plugin Contributions

Default Newsletter subscription unchecked - still gets the newsletter

Hi everyone

i have had problem with the newsletter subscription area for a long time. The scenario is as follows:

Even when the customer has not checked the option to receive newsletter when he is logged in at our page, he still get the newsletter. I have tried this with a test account and sent a newsletter to myself. I have not checked the option.

So when i check the option, and click update i get this error:

Code:
    1062 Duplicate entry 'navido82##########################' for key 'email_address'
    in:
    [INSERT INTO subscribers (customers_id, email_address, email_format) VALUES ('2102', 'navido82##########################', 'HTML')]
    Now when i click the back button on the browser, i get the message: Your newsletter subscription has been updated.

Yes now it is checked, but this has no function since it is not working when it is unchecked.

Can someone please help me?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter subscription unchecked - still gets the newsletter

v138a is no longer supported and one should upgrade for security reasons
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter subscription unchecked - still gets the newsletter

From the things you posted, it's clear that your site is using the (very intrusive) "newsletter subscribe" addon, which completely changes the way Zen Cart normally handled newsletter preferences.
    That addon changes a LOT of core files to work differently. Perhaps something is amuck with that addon on your site.

Unfortunately, since it's not part of original Zen Cart core code, for help you may have to rely on others who are actually using that addon if you need assistance. There's a support thread for that addon.

And kobra makes a very valid point. You're using a very old version of Zen Cart. Perhaps an upgrade is a good time to reconsider how you handle those subscription preferences.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.