Plugin Contributions

Default Can't login with new account credentials

Odd... It won't let me login with the email/pw I just created. After completing a new account registration to get to Checkout, it takes me up to the login fields instead, not Checkout. Then it won't take the email/pw I just created. Tried creating 2 different accounts, same result. Any ideas? Is SSL messing with it? I can't login to the backend with Chrome, but can with FF. Everything else is working as expected. Thanks ahead of time! This is a new installation of 1.5.

https://shop.kiranshouston.com/index...ain_page=login

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't login with new account credentials

Quote Originally Posted by getyler2 View Post
    After completing a new account registration to get to Checkout, it takes me up to the login fields instead, not Checkout.
    It sounds like you're losing the session (cookie mismatch so it treats you as logged out because it can't validate whether you're logged in). And often an incorrectly configured SSL certificate is the culprit there.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Figured it out. Sessions / Recreate Session needs to be false, and Cookie Domain needs to be false as well since I'm not using 'www' with my subdomain, shop.kiranshouston.com. Cookie Domain being true will still log you in but it redirects you to the homepage. With both false, it logs me in and goes forward to Step 1 Checkout as expected. Also had the other Session SSL options false which should be true. Good to go.

Many thanks for pointing me to Sessions DrByte!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Cookie Domain needs to be false
    Not surprising since you're using a subdomain. Some browsers (especially Chrome) find those difficult to handle.

Recreate Session needs to be false
    Um, it's VERY rare for that to truly be necessary. On most hosts, setting "Recreate Session" to false opens you up to session hijacking, which your customers won't like very much ;) Always safer to set Recreate Session to True ... it's intended to be true.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the tip. Having been hacked a few times, I'd rather be on the safe side. Will keep at it.