Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Super Orders v4.0 Support Thread (for ZC v1.5.x)

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Nope still in progress, but low on the priority list. This is all work that needs to be done in my spare time. Which I don't have much. Unless someone pays me to complete the module, other work goes first.
    It has been put out there a few times, once by me for sure, that there is interest in paying you to finish the module.
    The question is what would it cost and can the community all pitch in together to make it happen?

Plugin Contributions

My advice is to avoid installing Super Orders.
    Some of it is useful, but the very slow development means that you are forever having to wrestle with out-of-date code that doesn't quite work.
    This makes keeping the rest of Zen Cart up to date extremely difficult.
    I seriously regret ever letting my clients see Super Orders.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    My advice is to avoid installing Super Orders.
    Some of it is useful, but the very slow development means that you are forever having to wrestle with out-of-date code that doesn't quite work.
    This makes keeping the rest of Zen Cart up to date extremely difficult.
    I seriously regret ever letting my clients see Super Orders.
    Unfortunately, at this point. I have to agree.
    But what is a person supposed to do now that they have a solid system for adjusting the orders etc on the fly as I have not seen any other plug-ins that allow for this?

Plugin Contributions

I've made some hacks to mine, including adding additional products to orders, removing products from orders, showing/hiding cost/profit w/ a hotkey toggle (requires check-out and orders class edits), edit date, edit payment module, only thing that's a bit ghetto atm, is if you add/remove products only the quan changes in the products table, so you have to edit the sub-total, then the main total for it to recalculate. My code's probably super messy though, I've never really coded w/ others. It might serve well as it's own branch, if someone wouldn't mind walking me through how to do that.

Plugin Contributions

That's the problem. I've modified SO to work on 1.5.6c (well, some of it: other bits are just an overhead the system is better without) but it's mostly been a piecemeal whack-a-rat circus to weed out (almost) all the errors and deprecated code.
    The result is that I have something that works, but it isn't good enough to offer to others.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wsworx View Post
    Unfortunately, at this point. I have to agree.
    But what is a person supposed to do now that they have a solid system for adjusting the orders etc on the fly as I have not seen any other plug-ins that allow for this?
    Does Edit Orders not work for you?

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1513
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I should really search the admin tools more frequently (: I didn't' realize I was rebuilding much of that edit orders module/code, I might have merge some of it in a long time ago and forgotten. I'll have to check that out again. My add products has a neat jQuery search deal, but I don't know if I'd run it by a customer ...yet.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Super Orders v4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebuckets View Post
    I have a new install, latest Super Orders on a 1.5.1 store: www.ncwheatmontanacoop.com

I have uploaded the base and core files in the right places and had logged into the admin. Autoinstaller will not run. Please help...
    exact same issue with latest version

Plugin Contributions

v1.5.7 I giveup. Ive tried installing this 5 or 6 different ways and each time my admin goes away. I only get HTTP ERROR 500 on the screen. Ive downloaded log files via ftp and each time they reference a different file. The latest log file gave this:

[31-Aug-2020 09:05:41 UTC] Request URI: /admin/index.php?cmd=orders, IP address: 104.15.4.66
    #1 include() called at [/home/xxxx/admin/includes/classes/order.php:5]
    #2 include(/home/xxx/admin/includes/classes/order.php) called at [/home/xxx/admin/orders.php:36]
    #3 require(/home/xxx/admin/orders.php) called at [/xxx/admin/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; order has a deprecated constructor in /home/xxxxx/includes/classes/order.php on line 21.

[31-Aug-2020 09:05:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_content_type() on null in /home/xxxx/includes/classes/order.php:245
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/xxx/includes/classes/order.php(35): order->cart()
    #1 /home/xxx/admin/orders.php(37): order->order(NULL)
    #2 /home/xxx/admin/index.php(11): require('/home/xxx/p...')
    #3 {main}
    thrown in /home/xxx/includes/classes/order.php on line 245

[31-Aug-2020 09:05:41 UTC] Request URI: /admin/index.php?cmd=orders, IP address: 104.15.4.66
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_content_type() on null in /home/xxx/includes/classes/order.php:245
    Stack trace:
    #0 /xxx/includes/classes/order.php(35): order->cart()
    #1 /xxx/admin/orders.php(37): order->order(NULL)
    #2 /admin/index.php(11): require('/home/xxx/p...')
    #3 {main}
    thrown in /includes/classes/order.php on line 245.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnniejetski2 View Post
    --> PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; order has a deprecated constructor in /home/xxxxx/includes/classes/order.php on line 21.

[31-Aug-2020 09:05:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_content_type() on null in /home/xxxx/includes/classes/order.php:245
    Two things in there:
    1. The "deprecated constructor" tells me you're using a order class file written for a very old version of PHP. While you might not have seen this before, if you recently upgraded your PHP version that'll be why it's starting to report about this.

2. The actual problem: your order class file is missing a function that's expected by your custom admin orders.php file.
    Chances are your Super Orders mod changed /admin/orders.php by adding stuff to it, but your non-admin /includes/classes/order.php file is still old or hasn't been upgraded to match what the admin file is expecting.

Perhaps it's a bug with the latest Super Orders version? Or maybe you installed the wrong files to your server?
    Or maybe you've replaced the files by another plugin, and therefore the expected contents is missing?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast