Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Super Orders v4.0 Support Thread (for ZC v1.5.x)

SMH.... why do people keep trying to install Super orders on current versions (1.5.7) of ZC? It hasn't been updated since 17 Apr 2014 which should tell you that it will be dead in the water out the gate... Which functionality of the old super orders are they trying to get? editing orders? then use Edit orders module, splitting orders? your screwed (already asked the edit orders maintainer about that function and she said no) batch status updates? Batch Form Printing? Those two should be rolled into their own Module. The Changes that were made to invoices and packing slips? Some of those changes could be brought into the existing invoice/packing slips code manually (haven't dug into that). Just trying to figure out what it is about what Super Orders brings to the table that people actually want and use.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Just trying to figure out what it is about what Super Orders brings to the table that people actually want and use.
    Good question.
    I would like batch order updates. Have held off off touching this since forever, precisely as it would hang me for the rest of the year, "fixing it".
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

SMH.... why do people keep trying to install Super orders on current versions (1.5.7) of ZC? It hasn't been updated since 17 Apr 2014 which should tell you that it will be dead in the water out the gate... Which functionality of the old super orders are they trying to get? editing orders? then use Edit orders module, splitting orders? your screwed (already asked the edit orders maintainer about that function and she said no) batch status updates? Batch Form Printing? Those two should be rolled into their own Module. The Changes that were made to invoices and packing slips? Some of those changes could be brought into the existing invoice/packing slips code manually (haven't dug into that). Just trying to figure out what it is about what Super Orders brings to the table that people actually want and use.
    All that, that you mentioned and more. When we can have it in 1 module, why we need to split it into 2 or 3 modules?

What I use:
    -Batch reports/prints
    -The changes to balances and payments (which edit orders can't do)
    -The modification of hidden comments (which edit orders can't do)
    -Like you mentioned, split orders "Edit Orders" can't do.

Also for me the fact that I can actually CLOSE an order after processing it, and it will show green on the list, it's easy when checking what's pending. Also you can spot cancelled orders easily. This simple function, should be integrated to ZC core.

FYI: I used SUPER ORDERS & EDIT ORDERS. I usually don't suggest both to all customers. Some need one, some others the other. Very little amount of people need both.
    Last edited by ideasgirl; 1 Sep 2020 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Additional info.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

Understanding the history of the making of Super Orders, Some of its functions are custom, but some of what it does came originally from separate modules and was mashed together to create one module that included all of the things it does.

I suspect the main reason it hasn't been updated in a long time is that Super Orders makes a lot of changes to admin/orders.php which is a file that gets touched all of the time by ZC core updates and nobody wants to try and keep up with it.

My last client that needed a function that SO provides only needed Batch Status Updates, and since the SO module hasn't been updated I ripped batch status updates out and shoved it into a ZC 1.5.6c and it works...mostly, needs some rework for the date picker and layout to work better with the bootstrap template of the admin but it will get the job done.

My position is that SO does too much in one module.

There are a couple of pieces that could probably be brought into core, and some things that could be split off into their own modules, some tweaks to existing core files that would "turn on" if some of the split-off modules where installed:
    For example if the PO payment module that ships with SO was split off then the core invoice/packing list could have code added to it to turn on the additions that SO adds to the invoice/packing slip if the PO module were to be installed.

So to answer your question "When we can have it in 1 module, why we need to split it into 2 or 3 modules?" the answer is the maintenance of the module keeping up with core changes
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post

I had this core edited to work on 1.5.5, and MISS the batch status updates, batch printing, completing and canceling or orders by color code.

Would it be nice to have in 1 mod?.... sure.... necessary? not really.

Core to the method we have used since 2006, and it would be awesome to have something similar in play.
    NTO: building a better network thru collaboration
    www.needtoorder.com | www.coffeewitheinstein.com

Plugin Contributions

I've got a working version of Super Orders on Zen Cart 1.5.7c. I've made multiple updates to get it working up to PHP 7.4.12, including updating the purchase order payment method so that it doesn't log PHP warnings when the files are present but not actually installed via admin.
    I've remerged all the super orders edits, plus a couple of enhancements into the 1.5.7 invoice and packing slip files. Spilt order is working well, and batch printing of invoice and packing slips is all good apart from an issue with Euro currency symbol not displaying correctly on batch printed packing slips even though it is correct on standard print. I'm still investigating the cause of this. Once I have a fix for this I'll upload the mod to the ZC moderators for approval.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by strelitzia View Post
    I've got a working version of Super Orders on Zen Cart 1.5.7c. I've made multiple updates to get it working up to PHP 7.4.12, including updating the purchase order payment method so that it doesn't log PHP warnings when the files are present but not actually installed via admin.
    I've remerged all the super orders edits, plus a couple of enhancements into the 1.5.7 invoice and packing slip files. Spilt order is working well, and batch printing of invoice and packing slips is all good apart from an issue with Euro currency symbol not displaying correctly on batch printed packing slips even though it is correct on standard print. I'm still investigating the cause of this. Once I have a fix for this I'll upload the mod to the ZC moderators for approval.
    Do you have this in a GitHub repository for review?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Do you have this in a GitHub repository for review?
    Sure do. https://github.com/JSWebSteve/Super-...Cart-1.5.7.git

There is still a bug in generated pdf packing slips whereby euro currency symbol isn't displayed correctly (not tested $). TBH, I don't know why they have been set up in the way they are.
    To me, a packing slip should have nothing more than the delivery address and a list of items ordered. And yet, pdf packing slips have been coded to show line item prices as well as order totals.<

Plugin Contributions

There are still a slew of core-file overwrites (notably the order.php class and the admin's orders.php) that I thought could be handled now using the Zen Cart notify/observe processing. Couldn't those language-file updates be migrated to a separate extra_definitions file so that they don't require updates as well?

Plugin Contributions

I literally had a DM typed for this this morning. I have it working too will compare the files you probably did it better. Thanks for posting.

Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast