Page 166 of 179 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1784
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit Orders v4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Approved.
    Thanks, @swguy, for the quick turn-around.

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking to make changes to the way that EO renders the customer/billing/shipping addresses in support of screen readers. See this GitHub issue for details and progress: https://github.com/lat9/edit_orders/issues/175

Making that change will result in the dropping of the EDIT_ORDERS_ADDITIONAL_ADDRESS_ROWS notification, which allows customizations to add additional content to those addresses.

Other than VAT4EU (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2164), I'm not aware of other plugins that make use of that notification. I'm willing to work with authors of other plugins that use that notification, just post back here with details.

Plugin Contributions

If the desire is to keep the same visual format, I'm sure a way could be figured out to make it all work for screen readers while maintaining that functionality. I need to dive a bit further into the plugin to see how it is working.
    J.J. Meddaugh
    http://www.atguys.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jsquared View Post
    If the desire is to keep the same visual format, I'm sure a way could be figured out to make it all work for screen readers while maintaining that functionality. I need to dive a bit further into the plugin to see how it is working.
    Thanks for that extra set of eyes, @jsquared!

Plugin Contributions

After editing the math getting messed , can you please help us please . zencart version is 157c and edit order version is 457
    the total is not sum of others ( no code added , default edit order running)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	19553

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by diptimoy View Post
    After editing the math getting messed , can you please help us please . zencart version is 157c and edit order version is 457

is your processing and handling fee taxable? edit orders says that it is not, while your sales tax module says that it is.

(175 x 1.08125) + 5.25 = 194.47

180.25 * .08125 = 14.65
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by diptimoy View Post

Where did that "Processing and Handling Fee" order-total come from? I'm guessing that it's the culprit in the miscalculation.

Plugin Contributions

Here I am going to outline everything that is going on with the math calculated for orders on our site. Ever since zencart was updated to v1.5.7, there have been serious issues with how totals are being calculated. Our site uses the Edit Orders plugin, which has also been updated to the latest version.
    First, allow me to explain how the math is supposed to work:
    Obviously, each item in the cart has a cost per item, and the quantity of that item times its cost, gives you the total for that item. Ie. itemA cost 5.00, and the customer has 5x of them in the cart, therefor the total for that item is 5x5 = $25.00. As of now this seems to be working fine.
    The Subtotal is then calculated by adding up all of the item totals in the cart. Again, this is working fine. Once subtotal is calculated, shipping gets calculated. I know that shipping is calculated differently for international, vs domestic. For all intents and purposes, this is working fine.
    Finally, we have a processing fee, which is supposed to be 3.5% x (subtotal + shipping). For the sake of clarity, I will say that at the moment this 3.5% is only being applied to the subtotal. However, we have someone who is working on this, and it isn’t a massive deal at this moment. Going forward, I am going to present examples as if this is working correct, for the sake of showing how sales tax, and total are calculated for unedited orders.
    The calculation for sales tax is also pretty straight forward: (subtotal + shipping + fee) x 8.125% = SalesTax. For a default order without any edits, this appears to be working fine.
    Finally, as you may have guessed: Total = Subtotal + Shipping + Fee + SalesTax. Simple.
    If a customer is to use a coupon, the math should be: Total = (subtotal – discount) + shipping + Fee + Sales Tax
    I will demonstrate that for a default, unedited order, this is working fine (minus the fee issue I mentioned earlier). However, once I try to edit any aspect of an order, or apply a coupon, things become very hairy.

Default Unedited Order:

Name:	A.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	19558
    Lets break down the math in the above screenshot. I will use this order going forward to show the effects of coupons and edits.
    We have two items, TestItemA which costs $5.00 and TestItemB which costs $25.00. The order contains 5 each.
    TotalA = 5 x $5.00 = $25.00
    TotalB = 5 x $25.00 = $125.00
    Subtotal = TotalA + TotalB:
    $25.00 + $125.00 = $150.00
    Shipping is then calculated for US & Canada (domestic), and we get $28.50
    Next, the Processing fee is calculated. In this case:
    3.5% x 150.00 = $5.25
    Next, Tax gets calculated:
    Tax = (Subtotal + Shipping + Fee) x 8.125% -
    (150 + 28.5 + 5.25) * 8.125% = $14.93
    Finally, lets calculate the total:
    Total = Subtotal + Shipping + Fee + SalesTax
    150 + 28.5 + 5.25 + 14.93 = 198.68
    So to summarize, although the fee is being applied incorrectly (as previously mentioned) The subtotal, tax, shipping, and total are all being calculated correctly for an unedited order.

Now, lets make a simple change to this using the Edit Order plugin:

Name:	B.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	19559

Name:	B2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	19560
    In this case, I have simply reduced the shipping from $28.50, to $10.00. Lets now take a look at how the math adds up.
    So at first glance, our subtotal appears to be fine:
    125 + 20 = 150
    Since as of now the fee is only being applied to the subtotal, it is unchanged by this.
    Lets move on to Tax. Oddly, you can see that after editing the order, tax gets broken down into NY Sales tax, and Shipping Tax. However, if you add them together, they should add up fine.
    First, lets just calculate what the total tax should be:
    Tax = (Subtotal + Shipping + Fee) x 8.125%
    (150 + 10 + 5.25) x 8.125% = $13.43
    So just to verify, lets add the “shipping tax” and “sales tax” together:
    12.62 + 0.81 = $13.43
    So evidently, tax is still being calculated correctly here. So last but not least, we add it all together to get the total:
    150 + 10.00 + 13.43 = ……..$173.43
    However, in the above screenshot, the total we are getting from zencart is $178.25
    Lets get the difference for the sake of trying to debug this down the road. We’ll call this the “Error Difference”
    Error Difference = (Total On Zencart) – (Total We Calculated ourselves):
    178.25 – 173.43 = $4.28
    So somehow, even after doing all the other math correct, when it comes time to add everything up, we’re getting an unexplained error difference of $4.28.
    For redundancy, and to see how the “Error Difference” changes, I’m going to edit the shipping for this same order again. This time ill raise it to 25.00

Name:	C.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	19561
    For the sake of keeping this simple, I will simply tell you that I calculated sales tax and everything up until Total is being calculated correctly. So lets try to get the total:
    150 + 25 + 5.25 + 14.65 = 194.90
    However, as you can see, in zencart our total is 194.47
    In this case the error difference is much smaller:
    194.90 – 194.47 = $0.43
    This is what makes this so confusing. It would be one thing if I could say “oh its not taking sales tax into account, or its messing up the subtotal” but in this case, its literally just doing the addition and spitting out an incorrect number seemingly at random. Its like its saying 2 + 2 = 3.43 and 2 + 1 = 6. I'm hoping someone here can help as this has been a serious issue ever since the latest update of zencart.

Plugin Contributions

Im just noticing that diptimoy posted as well, I'd like to clarify that he works with us and this is the same issue he has posted.

Plugin Contributions

@Spanky, just like my response to @diptimoy, where did the code for that Handling Fee come from? I'm guessing that it's got some serious play in the miscalculations.

Also, are you using manual- or automatic-calculations of pricing?