Page 160 of 179 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1787
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit Orders v4.0 Support Thread

Hello. I use a screen reader with Zencart and Edit Orders. Because of the current table layout, the address items are reading across for me instead of down - in other words, all of the name fields, followed by all of the address fields, etc.

There's a couple of ways to fix this. The prefered method would be to start using CSS for the layout of the page instead of a lot of nested tables. I realize this may be a larger task however.

The short-term fix would likely be putting each of the address types in its own single-column, vertical nested table. This should allow for proper display order while not changing the visuals.

I'm happy to work on this and submit a PR, but wanted to seek some guidance first. There are other accessibility things that could be done as well, including adding labels to the form fields.

Thanks for your work on the add-on. I appreciate the modern add-ons that use the override system and are much easier to maintain.
    J.J. Meddaugh
    http://www.atguys.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jsquared View Post
    Hello. I use a screen reader with Zencart and Edit Orders. Because of the current table layout, the address items are reading across for me instead of down - in other words, all of the name fields, followed by all of the address fields, etc.

There's a couple of ways to fix this. The prefered method would be to start using CSS for the layout of the page instead of a lot of nested tables. I realize this may be a larger task however.

The short-term fix would likely be putting each of the address types in its own single-column, vertical nested table. This should allow for proper display order while not changing the visuals.

I'm happy to work on this and submit a PR, but wanted to seek some guidance first. There are other accessibility things that could be done as well, including adding labels to the form fields.

Thanks for your work on the add-on. I appreciate the modern add-ons that use the override system and are much easier to maintain.
    I understand the issue. That 'funky' address layout has been with Edit Orders since I 'inherited' the plugin.

Unfortunately, there's more to the change than simply re-formatting those address areas. There are other plugins (e.g. VAT for EU Countries) that make use of EO-issued notifications to add their extra fields to those address blocks.

I'll create an issue in EO's GitHub repository so that this request isn't lost; it'll be considered in a future EO version.

Issue created: https://github.com/lat9/edit_orders/issues/175
    Last edited by lat9; 21 Oct 2020 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added GitHub issue number

Plugin Contributions

Ah, I see the hooks that are being used for other plugins so that indeed will take more work. I submitted a very small PR to add a role of table to the address table so at least screen readers will recognize the table as a data table and not presentation and let users move around it more easily.
    J.J. Meddaugh
    http://www.atguys.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Arggh, that's still not fixed in zc157? Anyway, the Installation :: Changes to zen_add_tax tab in the EO readme identifies the changes needed to the admin's /includes/functions/general.php that are required for EO to do its thing.
    I don't know if its because I'm using a mac, or if it was left out of the 1.5.7 release... but I cannot locate any instructions on what needs to be modified in the file to activate the edit orders mod with the error: The store's zen_add_tax function must be updated to enable Edit Orders' use.

What needs modified below?

/** * Add tax to a products price
    */
    function zen_add_tax($price, $tax, $force = false) {
    global $currencies;

if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX_ADMIN == 'true' || $force) {
    return zen_round($price, $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places']) + zen_calculate_tax($price, $tax);
    } else {
    return zen_round($price, $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places']);
    }
    }

/**
    NTO: building a better network thru collaboration
    www.needtoorder.com | www.coffeewitheinstein.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonless View Post
    I don't know if its because I'm using a mac, or if it was left out of the 1.5.7 release... but I cannot locate any instructions on what needs to be modified in the file to activate the edit orders mod with the error: The store's zen_add_tax function must be updated to enable Edit Orders' use.

What needs modified below?

/** * Add tax to a products price
    */
    function zen_add_tax($price, $tax, $force = false) {
    global $currencies;

if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX_ADMIN == 'true' || $force) {
    return zen_round($price, $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places']) + zen_calculate_tax($price, $tax);
    } else {
    return zen_round($price, $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places']);
    }
    }

/**
    In EO's readme, click the Installation tab, then the Changes to zen_add_tax tab.

Plugin Contributions

I tried installing this mod on my new 1.5.7 install on Friday evening (have it on my old 1.3.7h working fine for years) with the Westnminster-new template and it didn't like it at all. Followed all the steps in order, did the tax changes, etc. It didn't activate in the admin area, and then when I went to the storefront, no products were showing. Went through all the files again to make sure I hadn't missed one... nope, all there, So i uninstalled it and will hope that one day it actually becomes a built in feature as it is a very handy tool to have when clients want to add to their order.
    Elemi

The Art of Bespoke Aromatherapy
    www.AmorAromatherapy.co.nz

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    In EO's readme, click the Installation tab, then the Changes to zen_add_tax tab.
    From the downloads the zip did not contain a readme file... these instructions are what i'm looking for..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonless View Post
    From the downloads the zip did not contain a readme file... these instructions are what i'm looking for..
    Yes it does.

See the zip's /docs/edit_orders/readme.html file. Double-click to open it with your browser.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Elemi View Post
    I tried installing this mod on my new 1.5.7 install on Friday evening (have it on my old 1.3.7h working fine for years) with the Westnminster-new template and it didn't like it at all. Followed all the steps in order, did the tax changes, etc. It didn't activate in the admin area, and then when I went to the storefront, no products were showing. Went through all the files again to make sure I hadn't missed one... nope, all there, So i uninstalled it and will hope that one day it actually becomes a built in feature as it is a very handy tool to have when clients want to add to their order.
    "it didn't like it at all" doesn't tell me much. Were there debug-logs generated?

Plugin Contributions

THANK YOU! for whatever reason, when i opened the zip, my mac wasnt uncompressing that file, but i could open it from within the zip...

That is what I was looking for.