Page 81 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit Orders v4.0 Support Thread

Awesome mod! Works GREAT! Long overdue function. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Diva, Thanks for your plugin.
    I tried to install it , and with all versions have the same problem.
    The problem does not occur after installation , but only after the first modification of an order.
    If I go to the catalog - > categories / product, I no longer see the price including VAT correctly . In both fields (including tax and VAT ) I see the same value . Also, if within the modification of the product , the calculation of VAT does not work automatically.
    In all the various installations edit order that I tried , I was careful with the merging of the modified files .
    When I uninstall your plugins , this problem persists .
    I have to make the recovery of the db .
    I thank you in advance , I hope you can give me some suggestions .
    Best Regards

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerFamily View Post
    Hello Diva, Thanks for your plugin.
    I tried to install it , and with all versions have the same problem.
    The problem does not occur after installation , but only after the first modification of an order.
    If I go to the catalog - > categories / product, I no longer see the price including VAT correctly . In both fields (including tax and VAT ) I see the same value. ...
    Fix was previously posted. No reason to uninstall or revert the Zen Cart database to resolve the reported issue. Without applying the fix to Edit Orders, a workaround is to logout / login or clear cookies (will clear the session - which is where the tax calculation info is stored). But applying the fix should resolve the problem (after editing an order).

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerFamily View Post
    ... Also, if within the modification of the product, the calculation of VAT does not work automatically. ...
    Are you using the stock Zen Cart "ot_tax" module for VAT? Can you provide a step by step overview of what exactly you are doing (including URLs, data input, buttons / links clicked, etc), what the expected result is, and what the actual result is?
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. Now everything works perfectly .

Plugin Contributions

Test Store: 1.5.4
    Installed: Ceon Uri, Encrypted Master Pass and CKeditor

Trying to get things setup to hopefully nt have issues when upgrading live store.

Install just now Edit Orders got a white page when attempting to use it, found problems and fixed so now can edit the orders but now am getting 2 issues _ 1 about the country that I do not think relates to this mod and the mod problem:

Error in log folder:

[19-Dec-2015 03:39:25 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /path to admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/edit_orders_functions.php on line 1409

1. Customers and locate the customer account
    2. Scroll to bottom of page for the newest order
    3. Click "edit" link
    4. See message at top about country that is in countries (Germany) claims it does not exist...LOL -ignored for now
    5. Click "add products" button
    6. choose vendor/item/add to account
    7.adjust payment area of order

everything works fine except that the total of the order is a messed up. It no longer lists the lines for previous edits with correct price, they all say the same price and the amount of the order is twice what it should be.

I am trying to upgrade the new store by testing this out first so the live one won't be shut down too long. the 1.3.9h version gives almost this same error and I do not know how to fix it. Have done the manual edits, triple checked them, uninstalled the files hen reuploaded them and still the error --- 1.3.9h said it expected the parameters to be 1

test store right now is maintenance mode and showcase with prices.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post

[19-Dec-2015 03:39:25 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given in /path to admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/edit_orders_functions.php on line 1409

1. Customers and locate the customer account
    2. Scroll to bottom of page for the newest order
    3. Click "edit" link
    4. See message at top about country that is in countries (Germany) claims it does not exist...LOL -ignored for now
    5. Click "add products" button
    6. choose vendor/item/add to account
    7.adjust payment area of order

everything works fine except that the total of the order is a messed up. ...
    If an error occurs while updating an order (not just loading the page), the order data will be damaged and inaccurate. In your case (working in a test environment), you will want to delete the order (or restore the order from a database backup) before continuing any further testing.

How is (was) the site being updated to Zen Cart 1.5.4? Did you first perform a CLEAN install (and then upgrade a copy of the database, install Ceon Uri, install Encrypted Master Pass, and install CKeditor)? Or are other modifications (and / or old files) present?

Did you convert the text fields from latin1 to utf8 as part of the upgrade (or apply the necessary changes to stay with latin1)? This is not something automatically done by the Zen Cart installer, please review "should I convert my store from iso-8859-1 to utf8?".

Based upon the PHP Warning, the order class is not returning an array for $order->delivery (containing delivery data such as the country). The variable $order is an instance of the stock Zen Cart class found in "/includes/classes/order.php". This file sets $order->delivery to an empty array (and later populates the information from the database). Can you verify the stock "/includes/classes/order.php" has not been modified (or corrupted during an upload)? Can you verify the order in the database actually contains the delivery information?

NOTE: Edit Orders searches the Zen Cart database to determine if the country in order addresses actually exist in the Zen Cart database. It currently accepts both 2 and 3 digit ISO country codes as well as the country name. If the country name is entered, it must match exactly the name in the Zen Cart database including spaces (and case sensitivity when the COLLATION is not case insensitive). If it cannot locate the country (for any reason including missing data), it warns the end user as noted above.
    Last edited by lhungil; 21 Dec 2015 at 12:15 AM.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    If an error occurs while updating an order (not just loading the page), the order data will be damaged and inaccurate. In your case (working in a test environment), you will want to delete the order (or restore the order from a database backup) before continuing any further testing.

I can do that, empty the tables and upload the sql from the database I have.

How is (was) the site being updated to Zen Cart 1.5.4? Did you first perform a CLEAN install (and then upgrade a copy of the database, install Ceon Uri, install Encrypted Master Pass, and install CKeditor)? Or are other modifications (and / or old files) present?

I deleted all the 1.3.9h files then uploaded fresh 1.5.4 files from the zip. I then used zc_install to do the database upgrade. I did not drop tables --- install 1.5.4 ---- empty tables ---- insert sql from saved database. After I did the upgrade I made sure things were working. Then I installed Ceon, made sure it worked and did the same with the other 2 mods, no errors anywhere cause I tested them then checked the log folder. I then install EO and tried it out. That is when I noticed that everything is working, it adds the product to the order, lets me enter what the discount was and totals out but the orders, all of them are not correct.

I noticed the totals prior to the editing of order were way off, but tested it anyway to see what it would do. It took the amounts that were showing and deducted the amount I entered and then when details button was clicked on, that page was correct too.

I then went to the server and found the error message. It is like the 1.3.9h store that is live...only with a different parameter it wishes to have.

Did you convert the text fields from latin1 to utf8 as part of the upgrade (or apply the necessary changes to stay with latin1)? This is not something automatically done by the Zen Cart installer, please review "should I convert my store from iso-8859-1 to utf8?".
    When I ran the installer for the upgrade of the database/cfg files I noticed it asked about the UTF8 and checked it off. I noticed that the saved DB said: /*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */; so took it to mean that was the right thing to do since it appeared the DB was UTF8 too.

Based upon the PHP Warning, the order class is not returning an array for $order->delivery (containing delivery data such as the country). The variable $order is an instance of the stock Zen Cart class found in "/includes/classes/order.php". This file sets $order->delivery to an empty array (and later populates the information from the database). Can you verify the stock "/includes/classes/order.php" has not been modified (or corrupted during an upload)? Can you verify the order in the database actually contains the delivery information?
    All my edited files are ending with a tilde (.php~) and that file in admin/includes/classes/

included/classes/order.php has not been edited.

ONLY the admin/orders.php was edited for the EO mod

All items in my store --Live and test clone -- are virtual downloads, no shipping required and since it is a test store I did not upload the downloadable zips to the test store.

The other thing is that when going to the customer>orders> it says the country is not found in the locations?? and that it should either be added in --- I went and it is listed...all and any country is added already from onset of installation.

I quess I can delete all the files and reinstall fresh ones. Then empty tables and reinstall the DB from the live store again and check the customers orders to see first that they are showing correctly, not hundreds of dollars over...LOL

So glad this is a test store. I just upgraded another store and it went through without a hitch...but mine is always stubborn.

Plugin Contributions

... I noticed the totals prior to the editing of order were way off, but tested it anyway to see what it would do. ...
    Older versions of Edit Orders (< 4.1) allowed the store owner to manually modify almost the entire order (including order total lines). It was not uncommon to find problems with math (as these needed to be done by the person editing the order) in stores using older versions of Edit Orders. If you look through the forums there are a number of other posts regarding issues caused by older versions of Edit Orders (including other math related items).

As of Edit Orders 4.1.x, end users are no longer allowed to manually "adjust" the subtotal (and certain other order total lines) within Edit Orders to avoid such issues. And instead of Edit Orders handling any math related to the order total modules, the order total modules are actually run (same as during checkout). This allows the order total modules to do their own calculations based upon the order contents.

As a result, under Edit Orders 4.1.x if the "subtotal" was off before editing, it will be off after editing (it is not recalculated, just loaded from the database as-is and adjusted up / down when products are added / edited / removed).

If you create a new order in the new store, then attempt to edit the order:
    • Are the order totals correct when the order is first loaded (no edits)?
    • Change the product price and then press "update". Are the order totals correct?
    • Add a product to the order and then press "update". Are the order totals correct?

... I then went to the server and found the error message. It is like the 1.3.9h store that is live...only with a different parameter it wishes to have. ...
    I'll have to take a look at this. I think I know the cause, but want to verify the fix on a couple test sites.

... When I ran the installer for the upgrade of the database/cfg files I noticed it asked about the UTF8 and checked it off. I noticed that the saved DB said: /*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */; so took it to mean that was the right thing to do since it appeared the DB was UTF8 too. ...
    If the database columns and tables were all set to use a CHARACTER SET of UTF8 previous to the upgrade, you are probably okay (you can check this in phpMyAdmin or similiar). This is rare because out of box Zen Cart < 1.5.0 always used iso-latin-1. When upgrading from Zen Cart < 1.5.0 if the 1.3.x database was iso-latin-1 you still need to manually address this (different store configurations need different massaging and conversions - especially multilingual stores, so this was not automated).

... All items in my store --Live and test clone -- are virtual downloads, no shipping required and since it is a test store I did not upload the downloadable zips to the test store. ...
    Ahhh, by default Zen Cart does not populate the "shipping" address when an order is completely virtual. If the shipping address contains an address with NO "country" (or a country not found in the Zen Cart database), this would be the cause of the message "Warning: One or more of the customer address fields contains a country name unknown to Zen Cart ("Locations / Taxes"->"Countries"). Taxes and some shipping modules may not function correctly until the issue has been resolved."

If all of the products are indeed virtual (and shipping will NEVER be used), you can disable the warning by making the following change in "/admin/edit_orders.php":
    Code:
        	if(!is_array($order->customer['country']) || !array_key_exists('id', $order->customer['country']) ||
        		!is_array($order->billing['country']) || !array_key_exists('id', $order->billing['country']) /*||
        		!is_array($order->delivery['country']) || !array_key_exists('id', $order->delivery['country'])*/) {
        		$messageStack->add(WARNING_ADDRESS_COUNTRY_NOT_FOUND, 'warning');
        	}

NOTE: Also make sure you apply all known bugfixes for Edit Orders 4.1.4. Some examples (there may be others, but these two come to mind): bugfix when downloadable products are disabled and coupon validation functions are missing from the Zen Cart admin.
    Last edited by lhungil; 21 Dec 2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: added note

Plugin Contributions

I have version 4.1.4 installed on 1.5.4 Zen-Cart. When an order is edited, it reverses the order in which attribute lines are displayed. For example, if the order originally showed:

1 x Amazing Grace - Medium. Personalized (OUR #1 BEST SELLING CHIME)
    - Line 1 (20 max): Listen to the wind
    - Line 2 (20 max): and know I am near
    - Line 3 (20 max): Mommy / Nunni
    After editing anything on the order, the above changes to:

1 x Amazing Grace - Medium. Personalized (OUR #1 BEST SELLING CHIME)
    - Line 3 (20 max): Mommy / Nunni
    - Line 2 (20 max): and know I am near
    - Line 1 (20 max): Listen to the wind
    This is a problem as these are sent to our suppliers and unfortunately they don't always read closely enough and then the personalization is entered in the wrong line order.

Any thoughts on how we can correct this?
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Older versions of Edit Orders (< 4.1) allowed the store owner to manually modify almost the entire order (including order total lines). It was not uncommon to find problems with math (as these needed to be done by the person editing the order) in stores using older versions of Edit Orders. If you look through the forums there are a number of other posts regarding issues caused by older versions of Edit Orders (including other math related items).

As of Edit Orders 4.1.x, end users are no longer allowed to manually "adjust" the subtotal (and certain other order total lines) within Edit Orders to avoid such issues. And instead of Edit Orders handling any math related to the order total modules, the order total modules are actually run (same as during checkout). This allows the order total modules to do their own calculations based upon the order contents.

As a result, under Edit Orders 4.1.x if the "subtotal" was off before editing, it will be off after editing (it is not recalculated, just loaded from the database as-is and adjusted up / down when products are added / edited / removed).

If you create a new order in the new store, then attempt to edit the order:
    • Are the order totals correct when the order is first loaded (no edits)?
    • Change the product price and then press "update". Are the order totals correct?
    • Add a product to the order and then press "update". Are the order totals correct?

I'll have to take a look at this. I think I know the cause, but want to verify the fix on a couple test sites.

If the database columns and tables were all set to use a CHARACTER SET of UTF8 previous to the upgrade, you are probably okay (you can check this in phpMyAdmin or similiar). This is rare because out of box Zen Cart < 1.5.0 always used iso-latin-1. When upgrading from Zen Cart < 1.5.0 if the 1.3.x database was iso-latin-1 you still need to manually address this (different store configurations need different massaging and conversions - especially multilingual stores, so this was not automated).

Ahhh, by default Zen Cart does not populate the "shipping" address when an order is completely virtual. If the shipping address contains an address with NO "country" (or a country not found in the Zen Cart database), this would be the cause of the message "Warning: One or more of the customer address fields contains a country name unknown to Zen Cart ("Locations / Taxes"->"Countries"). Taxes and some shipping modules may not function correctly until the issue has been resolved."

If all of the products are indeed virtual (and shipping will NEVER be used), you can disable the warning by making the following change in "/admin/edit_orders.php":
    Code:
            if(!is_array($order->customer['country']) || !array_key_exists('id', $order->customer['country']) ||
                !is_array($order->billing['country']) || !array_key_exists('id', $order->billing['country']) /*||
                !is_array($order->delivery['country']) || !array_key_exists('id', $order->delivery['country'])*/) {
                $messageStack->add(WARNING_ADDRESS_COUNTRY_NOT_FOUND, 'warning');
            }

NOTE: Also make sure you apply all known bugfixes for Edit Orders 4.1.4. Some examples (there may be others, but these two come to mind): bugfix when downloadable products are disabled and coupon validation functions are missing from the Zen Cart admin.
    OK, I see, yes in the previous version I would enter the item into the order by clicking the buttons to add a product then when going thru that entire process we could then enter the "reason" of addition then enter right beside it the "price" like -3.99. Hitting update would deduct it.

What the edit orders used in my store is for actually are for our contests. When we have winners from our own contests or those we are sponsors in, I go in and add that product to their account.

I never thought about adding the product, in this new version, then manipulating the amount in the upper section then hitting update.

As long as the customers order is correct then it does not matter if there are errors I guess…I can just go periodically into the log folder and delete them.

I just wish it would have stayed the same since that is so much more easier. I just need to be able to edit an order to allow their prize to be added to their downloads vs uploading it to another folder then deleting when they nab it…this way it is in their account should they end up with a computer crash and lose stuff.

I do not have it set as a workable store since it is for testing, therefore, the payment/shipping mods are not working and it is set to be a view with prices showing then most of the sidebar links go to the live store for purchasing. We have no shippable at all everything are .zips for downloading.

I will drop tables then reinstall the live store db again and see if the customer orders are showing right…not in the hundreds of dollars. Then try again to upgrade from 1.3.9h to 1.54…LOL

This is why I am taking my time to do this upgrade thing….otherwise I will just have to stay with 1.3.9h, thank goodness we have only downloadables.

Thanks and while you check out those things you talk about I will take my time with trying again and let you know the progress.