Page 103 of 179 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1784
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit Orders v4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OldNGrey View Post
    EO 4.1.6 orders.php patches for ZC 1.5.5a

I am upgrading to ZC 1.5.5a from 1.3.9h with all fresh configuration and only migrating the database.

The read me file for EO 4.1.6 under Modified Core files, item 3, states:
    There are five (5) change sections that apply to "Edit Orders" and other sections that introduce the Super Orders navigation to the orders' handling. If you are installing/upgrading on Zen Cart 1.5.5 or later, these navigation-related changes are already incorporated, but you'll need to merge the five change-sections into your version of this file.
    "

In the 1_modified_core_files folder the orders.php file provided has only 4 change sections clearly marked. These are edit order patches 2 of 5 through to 5 of 5.

Are there really only 4 patches or are there 5?

Bailey
    There really are 5 patches; the first (a one-line insert) is at line 331 of the plugin's orders.php to add the edit_orders.css file's load.

Plugin Contributions

I've been using Edit Orders (slightly modified by me) on 1.5.1 forever. Now upgrading to 1.5.5 (as a new install) there are a couple of issues I haven't been able to resolve.

First one is the big one - the tax treatment (we're in Canada) of the order_total items. Most of these are discounts, which should affect the tax charged etc (reducing it).
    I also tried a COD charge, which of course is taxable, and determined the totals correct after placing the order.

After Admin / Edit Orders / (no changes) / Update: First update, the total and tax was changed to completely wrong - it didn't add in the COD fee, and the total included only some of the tax. On the second Update, the tax was corrected on the shipping, however the COD fee and the tax on it is completely ignored for the tax amount AND the base COD fee.

I've attached the edit orders debug log.

HOW editing works, and what code is used to recalc these things, or at least the flow - and what dependancies would be great to know so I can edit myself. Can you point me to documentation of who does what to who for these?

Thanks,
    Dan Tomlinson
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DTomlinson View Post
    I've been using Edit Orders (slightly modified by me) on 1.5.1 forever. Now upgrading to 1.5.5 (as a new install) there are a couple of issues I haven't been able to resolve.

First one is the big one - the tax treatment (we're in Canada) of the order_total items. Most of these are discounts, which should affect the tax charged etc (reducing it).
    I also tried a COD charge, which of course is taxable, and determined the totals correct after placing the order.

After Admin / Edit Orders / (no changes) / Update: First update, the total and tax was changed to completely wrong - it didn't add in the COD fee, and the total included only some of the tax. On the second Update, the tax was corrected on the shipping, however the COD fee and the tax on it is completely ignored for the tax amount AND the base COD fee.

HOW editing works, and what code is used to recalc these things, or at least the flow - and what dependancies would be great to know so I can edit myself. Can you point me to documentation of who does what to who for these?

Thanks,
    Dan Tomlinson
    I had a similar problem due to the default sort order!
    The tax has to be the "lowest" on the list just before the final total!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DTomlinson View Post

Thanks,
    Dan Tomlinson
    Dan, how "slightly modified" is your copy of Edit Orders? Are you using the 4.1.6 EO version as your change-basis?

Plugin Contributions

The 4.1.6 EO is installed, and as far as I remember is unchanged.

It's the previous that I'd modified on the live site.

What I modified was to not allow the user to "lose" information. I always kept the original order quantities etc, and had added fields to do that.
    All added items were tagged as [CSAdd] in the product name, as well the original quantity was kept. 0 became a valid order quantity that never could ship of course - but a customer, or me, could see the original and as-shipped order.

We have 50,000+ products in 1,000+ categories - and 3 people who deal with orders, so there has to be that level of auditability.

That's not in THIS install - yet! I have to wrap my head around how to change 4.1.6 to have the capability I had in 4.0.3 on ZC151.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    I had a similar problem due to the default sort order!
    The tax has to be the "lowest" on the list just before the final total!
    That one I have :) It's some items that are being ignored, no tax changes, or even just dropped

Plugin Contributions

Did you have any luck with this? We are still having this issue, I've tried a variety of things to fix it but no luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I'll need to look further for the way that EO differs from the "standard" Zen Cart handling of those attributes that are without sort-orders. I'll post back here when I have additional information.
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    Did you have any luck with this? We are still having this issue, I've tried a variety of things to fix it but no luck so far.
    Nope, haven't had a chance ... yet.

Plugin Contributions

@Danielle, did you try upgrading your EO installation to 4.1.6? That version has a slew of bugfixes pre-included.

I've modeled your configuration on EO 4.1.6 and Zen Cart 1.5.5a and cannot reproduce your issue. I created an order for a product with two text-type attributes followed by a radio-button choice (ordered in that manner). When I edit the order (via press of the "Update" button after updating the item's price), the attributes come back listed in the same (text/text/radio) order.

What are your Configuration->Edit Orders settings?

Plugin Contributions

I've just installed Edit Orders in my 1.55a test site. The installation proceeded just fine, no error messages, but when I try to go to the orders screen, I get an error message. It's one of those really unhelpful ones that means something happened way back there in the program like a missing semi-colon, but there's no way to know exactly where. Don't you love those, sigh.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/test/My_Admin/orders.php on line 1068

I have gone through and very carefully examined every one of the five merge code sections, and don't see anything wrong. If anyone has run into this particular issue and knows what the fix is, I'd appreciate it. My biggest supplier just let me know that he's sending two different versions of the product we've all been waiting for, so now I have to be able to change people's orders if they want the alternate version. We'll do it the old fashioned way with scribbled notes on the packing slips if we have to, but this seemed like a perfect opportunity to install the Edit Orders plugin.