Page 13 of 179 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit Orders v4.1 Released

I understand, DivaVocals, no hard feelings. I hope lhungil can help.... I'm impressed with how much effort so many different people are putting into the core program and all the plugins, not to mention all the different fixes, and I understand no one can predict all possible interactions between the pieces created by so many different programmers.
    I salute you all, and thank you!
    Magz

Plugin Contributions

Update to my earlier post - I just discovered that all shippers are listed in the email to customer even when NO tracking number is uploaded, just a comment is made OR order status is changed. On the other hand, when the Append Comments checkbox is UNchecked, no shippers are listed even when a tracking number was added. (The last one might be the expected behavior for all I know, I'm just describing my observations; perhaps shipper info is regarded as part of the comment.)
    Hope this can help find a solution...
    Thanks,
    Magz

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by magz View Post
    ... Mystery solved ... It was indeed an issue with TaxCloud code. ...
    Not necessarily a problem, but as outlined in the readme.html some modules may need to be modified to correctly load from the admin side of Zen Cart (many make assumptions about paths and GLOBAL variables).

If you are using a 3rd party tax software to calculate and store tax records... You may want to check with TaxCloud about how to update the stored order and tax information in their database... Otherwise you could end up with records on your end which do not match the records stored by TaxCloud. I'd expect there to be a special call needed to update order and tax records sent to (and stored by) any 3rd party tax software.

... With version 1 of the above code, TPT works great. With version 2, however, after the tracking # is added to an order, the email sent to the customer includes a list of all shippers, even those that are turned off. ...
    This is unrelated to the code changes mentioned earlier.

... I just discovered that all shippers are listed in the email to customer even when NO tracking number is uploaded, just a comment is made OR order status is changed. On the other hand, when the Append Comments checkbox is UNchecked, no shippers are listed even when a tracking number was added. ...
    The code for TPT was for the most part left alone between version 4.0 and 4.1 (I do not use TPT so have been relying on others for feedback). Thank You for finding something and reporting. The changes will most likely need to be made to "/admin/edit_orders.php" as this is where the integration code is. When I get back from vacation (no place with stable internet here) and get some time, I'll take a deeper look at the TPT integration code.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Thanks lhungil - enjoy your vacation and return safely!

Plugin Contributions

zencart 1.5.1
    ty tracker v3.1.3
    edit Orders 4.1

I am puzzled by the behavior or edit orders. The subtotal amount becomes $0.00 after changing and updating the quantity in the quantity box for a item. No matter what you do or how many times you update the quantity for one or more items on the list, the subtotal is still $0.00 instead reflecting the updated total. Why is that? Is there something wrong with the installation?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twi View Post
    ... The subtotal amount becomes $0.00 after changing and updating the quantity in the quantity box for a item. ...
    Please read the previous post in this thread regarding how to fix this behavior.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much. I read the previous post concerning this problem and it fixed the error.
    The only difference is that I make the changes to the file mentioned to the source files to be uploaded, then do a clean install using the edit orders installation instructions. (Note: I already have ty package tracker installed. no file merging was performed)

Thank you all very much for the hard work involved in making all this possible.

Plugin Contributions

Hi twi - glad you have both EO and TyPT - I wonder if you're having the same problem now with TyPT (after you updated the EO code to fix $0 subtotal) that I've been having - when you edit an order in any way AND notify the customer, is the customer's email listing all 5 shippers (even those that you have not enabled and even when you don't add any tracking #)? Oh, and are you using TaxCloud as your sales tax plugin?
    Thanks,
    Magz

Plugin Contributions

No problem and I'm glad to have another verification of the fix working :)

Now just to look into the Ty Tracker integration code in Edit Orders 4.1 and make some needed fixes to the emails...

Can I send both of you ("magz" and "twi") some BETA code with the changes for Ty Tracker (when I make them) so we can more fully test any changes before releasing a new version of Edit Orders?
    Last edited by lhungil; 15 May 2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: clarification

Plugin Contributions

I'll be looking out for the fix and update our sites as well.