Page 51 of 179 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit Orders v4.0 Support Thread

In the admin I am getting the message "Warning: Absolute's Product Attribute Grid was detected, however the Product Option Type for Attribute Grid was not fully installed in the database. Temporarily configuring PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_ATTRIBUTE_GRID = 23997" whenever we go to the "orders" area in the admin. I tried reinstalling it. The version I had didn't have a database option to install (no SQL file).
    The attribute grid group let me know it is edit orders generating this message. Can you tell me how to turn it off? Everything seems to be working...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by avansant View Post
    In the admin I am getting the message "Warning: Absolute's Product Attribute Grid was detected, however the Product Option Type for Attribute Grid was not fully installed in the database. Temporarily configuring PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_ATTRIBUTE_GRID = 23997" whenever we go to the "orders" area in the admin. I tried reinstalling it. The version I had didn't have a database option to install (no SQL file).
    The attribute grid group let me know it is edit orders generating this message. Can you tell me how to turn it off? Everything seems to be working...
    "Absolute's Product Attribute Grid" adds an extra "Product Option Type" to the database. However when testing compatibility with Edit Orders, we found "Absolute's Product Attribute Grid" does not follow the Zen Cart conventions (does not add the type to all locations in the database, does not use a constant, etc). This may cause unintended side effects and potential issues in the future when upgrading Zen Cart / installing additional plugins.

The "warning" will go away once the "Product Option Type" added by "Absolute's Product Attribute Grid" follows Zen Cart conventions. Please do not post "workarounds" in this thread on disabling the warning. Thank You.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EO 4.1 + Reward Points

Quote Originally Posted by southshorepizza View Post
    If I give something to a customer for free I cannot zero out the tax on an order.
    Why not? Changing either the product "tax rate" or "price" both affect the calculation of tax by the Order Total Module (ot_tax). Either can be set to "0" which indicates the product cost was "free" to the customer. This works 100% of the time in a "stock" Zen Cart installation.

NOTE 1: Changing a product to "free" after purchase should not be something one needs to do on a regular basis... If one is offering an item for "free" w/ purchase of XYZ, then an order total module should be used to automatically apply the necessary changes to the products / order.

NOTE 2: If you look closely at coupons (in the US) for "free" or "bogo" offers, you will usually see "excluding sales tax". Why? Because any applicable sales tax must still be paid if the item was "sold" (invoiced at a price greater than 0). If one is required to collect taxes for a location, one usually still needs to collect on the invoiced price.

NOTE 3: In the US you will see some companies list an item as a "gift". In this case they have changed the product itself to be free (and paid any applicable sales tax when they bought the product from the supplier). "Gifts" are not "sales" (and if under a certain amount per year and per recipient) may be exempt from taxation as they are not "sales". Keep in mind the company giving the "gift" in this case paid the applicable "sales" tax for the item when they purchased the item.

NOTE 4: One should consult a tax lawyer about the implications of offering "free" or "discounted" offers. Depending on where the discount is applied (item vs order) different tax rules may apply. Different tax rules may also apply depending upon geographical locations, sales date, and other factors.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

... When you edit an order the quantity discount down in the total doesn't have a text box for the amount. ...
    I am unable to duplicate this in a stock installation of Zen Cart 1.5+ with the current version of Edit Orders and the Quantity Discount order total module installed. When the Quantity Discount order total is present on an order, both the title and amount are shown inside editable textboxes.

... Unable to remove a quantity discount when editing an order. ... The discount also doesn't change if you remove any products. But that would be okay if I could adjust the amount of the discount or remove it. ...
    The Quantity Discount order total module automatically calculates the discount amount for your order. The amount is calculated according to how one has configured Quantity Discounts. Because the amount is automatically configured one cannot modify the amount using Edit Orders (this is covered in the readme). This also means attempting to "remove" the Order Total will fail if the Order Total module says "Here is the amount you should charge / discount based upon the order".

I am able to successfully update an order (changing the products and quantities) and see the "Quantity Discount" amount change "automatically" according to settings I configured in a "test" store.

When the discount is no longer applicable for an order (no automatic order total data is returned), the Order Total can be removed the same way as any other order total module. Just clear both the title and the amount and click the update button.

I've verified both of the above on a stock Zen Cart 1.5.1 installation with the current version of Edit Orders and the Quantity Discount order total module installed.

NOTE 1: Currently "Edit Orders" will not remove Order Totals from an order automatically. This was done to support 3rd party modules which were unable to "automatically" calculate Order Total information when loaded in the Zen Cart admin interface.

NOTE 2: When you click "update" inside Edit Orders a number of things occur. Here is a SHORT list:
    1. The product data for each product is pulled from the database (same as during a customer checkout).
    2. The product data for each product is updated to reflect any changes entered on the Edit Orders page.
    3. The Order Total data for the order is calculated (same as during a customer checkout). Instead of using any custom code, Edit Orders calls the Zen Cart code handling modules.
    4. The Order Total data for the order is updated to reflect any changes entered on the Edit Orders page.
    5. The Order Total data for the order is re-calculated (same as during a customer checkout). This is done to allow modules doing "automatic calculation" (such as subtotal, tax, and total) to update their values.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry I miss understood what my manager was telling me. there is a box.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	13967

that you can make all the items above free and remove the coupons, and delete the words "quantity discount" and the amount "9.37" from.

Name:	pic2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	13969
    However when you update and you get the

Name:	pic3.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	13970
    update successful box. You get a total of $2.51

Name:	pic4.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	13971

I will try to recreate the quantity discount not getting removed. It may have been a browser issue at the store not reloading the entire page since we just upgraded this plugin. But this tax thing needs to be sorted out.
    Last edited by southshorepizza; 8 Apr 2014 at 04:05 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Free order would be something didn't go right and to make the customer happy they just gave it to them. Perhaps there was a donation.

I called for specifics on quantity discount. He wanted to remove the quantity discount on a large order he sold at a special price. For example a pizza normally cost $10. A school called and wanted 10 and he sold them for $6.00 each. So he edits the order and makes each pizza $6.00 each. But because he has 10 pizzas he cannot get rid of the quantity discount. He has to figure out how much each pizza should cost before the quantity discount. I guess we just have to work around this now that we know what to expect.

Plugin Contributions

... But this tax thing needs to be sorted out.
    Yup, especially since I cannot duplicate the "tax thing" you are seeing in a stock Zen Cart 1.5.1 installation with Edit Orders and Quality Discounts. I'd "guess" a modification has been made to your store (and causing the issue)... Or "possibly" the example order you were working with is / was corrupt. Edit Orders does not calculate the tax (ot_tax or whatever tax plugin you have installed does).

Plugin Contributions

Free order would be something didn't go right and to make the customer happy they just gave it to them. Perhaps there was a donation. ...
    This would probably be best done using the "Onetime Discount" order total module and adding a note in the order comments as to why the discount was given.

Why? Using the "Onetime Discount" module provides an easy way to record and audit how many times an order is discounted (and how much overall revenue was lost due to unhappy customers, issues, etc). Using such an order total module would also ensure all invoices, reports, and the customer's order history reflect the customer was given a onetime discount.

Plugin Contributions

Default Edit Orders: Add notifiers?

lhungil, would you consider adding a couple of notifiers to the Edit Orders functions?

I've created some customizations that alter the handling of a product within an order and need to perform some additional processing when a product is removed and/or added to the order via Edit Orders. Following are the changes that I've made to /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/functions/extra_functions/edit_orders_functions.php to accomplish what I need:
    Code:
    function eo_add_product_to_order($order_id, $product) {
    	global $db, $order, $zco_notifier;

$order->products[] = $product;

$zco_notifier->notify ('EDIT_ORDERS_ADD_PRODUCT', array ( 'order_id' => (int)$order_id, 'orders_products_id' => $order_products_id, 'product' => $product ));

return $product;
    }
    Code:
    function eo_remove_product_from_order($order_id, $orders_products_id) {
    	global $db, $order, $zco_notifier;

// First grab the order <==> product mappings
    	$orders_products_id_mapping = eo_get_orders_products_id_mappings((int)$order_id);

// Handle product stock
    	if (STOCK_LIMITED == 'true') {
    		$query = $db->Execute(
    			'SELECT `products_id`, `products_quantity` ' .
    			'FROM `' . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . '` ' .
    			'WHERE `orders_id`=\'' . (int)$order_id . '\' ' .
    				'AND `orders_products_id`=\'' . (int)$orders_products_id . '\''
    		);

while (!$query->EOF) {
    			if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {
    				$check = $db->Execute(
    					'SELECT `p`.`products_quantity`, `pad`.`products_attributes_filename`, `p`.`product_is_always_free_shipping` ' .
    					'FROM `' . TABLE_PRODUCTS . '` AS `p` ' .
    					'LEFT JOIN `' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '` AS `pa` ON `p`.`products_id`=`pa`.`products_id` ' .
    					'LEFT JOIN `' . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . '` AS `pad` ON `pa`.`products_attributes_id`=`pad`.`products_attributes_id` ' .
    					'WHERE `p`.`products_id` = \'' . (int)$query->fields['products_id'] . '\''
    				);
    			}
    			else {
    				$check = $db->Execute(
    					'SELECT `p`.`products_quantity` FROM `' . TABLE_PRODUCTS . '` AS `p`' .
    				 	'WHERE `p`.`products_id` = \'' . (int)$query->fields['products_id'] . '\''
    				);
    			}
    			if (!$check->EOF && (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED != 'true' || $check->fields['product_is_always_free_shipping'] == 2 || !$check->fields['products_attributes_filename'] )) {
    				$sql_data_array = array(
    					'products_quantity' => $check->fields['products_quantity'] + $query->fields['products_quantity'],
    					'products_ordered' => $check->fields['products_ordered'] - $query->fields['products_quantity']
    				);
    				if($sql_data_array['products_ordered'] < 0) $sql_data_array['products_ordered'] = 0;
    				if($sql_data_array['products_quantity'] > 0) {

// Only set status to on when not displaying sold out
    					if (SHOW_PRODUCTS_SOLD_OUT == '0') {
    						$sql_data_array['products_status'] = 1;
    					}
    				}

zen_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array, 'update', 'products_id = \'' . (int)$query->fields['products_id'] . '\'');
    			}

$query->MoveNext();
    		}
    		unset($check, $query, $sql_data_array);
    	}

$zco_notifier->notify ('EDIT_ORDERS_REMOVE_PRODUCT', array ( 'order_id' => (int)$order_id, 'orders_products_id' => (int)$orders_products_id )); 

}

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by izar74 View Post
    Sorry Diva, the only purpouse of the post was to point out that the modules have problems together, and if someone already figured it out to say it.
    New to this forum hope I am posting correctly. Sorry if this has been fixed but I searched and searched. I'm not a web site developer or hard core programmer but I had this problem when I originally installed edit orders v2. I fixed it then and forgot about it but I just upgraded to v4 with zen cart 1.5.1. When I did I was very careful to merge the core files but I just wasn't thinking and copied over some files. The same problem arouse. When you try to add an order from admin -- blank screen.

This is what I did to fix it.
    includes/classes/order_total.php around line 81.

changed this:
    if (!isset($GLOBALS[$class])) continue;

to this:
    if (IS_ADMIN_FLAG)
    if (isset($GLOBALS[$class])) continue;