Page 79 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit Orders v4.0 Support Thread

That particular error pops up here and there every once in a while and in fact saw that someone else had it recently. Darned if I could remember the specific program/area to address, but if you install lat9's mydebug backtrace available in the plugins of this site, it should provide more detailed information about where the particular sql statement is that is causing that error.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    That particular error pops up here and there every once in a while and in fact saw that someone else had it recently. Darned if I could remember the specific program/area to address, but if you install lat9's mydebug backtrace available in the plugins of this site, it should provide more detailed information about where the particular sql statement is that is causing that error.
    See this (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....66#post1235066) Edit Orders post for the solution.

Plugin Contributions

Apparently that was the issue! Applied the changes and it works!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    See this (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....66#post1235066) Edit Orders post for the solution.

Plugin Contributions

Hi All. I have searched the forum and this EO thread to no avail. I'm hoping someone can help.

Installed:
    ZC 1.5.1
    EO 4.1.4
    Admin New Order 1.5

2 issues:

1. When creating a new order from the admin section, once a product is added, the tax field shows a 0 (product is set as a taxable item and zones are set properly). If I try to update, the updated tax% shows (as 5%), but is not calculated in the total.
    2. The coupon field also does not update when added.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

If you need any further information, please let me know.

Plugin Contributions

Update:

1. I now have the tax rate being calculated in the total once the 0% is updated to 5%. (configuration settings)
    **However, all products show a 0% tax on being added in Edit Orders before manually updating tax %.
    **NOTE: when order is created via the online shop, tax is correctly added. This issue happens ONLY when adding a new order (Admin New Order) from the admin area.

2. Coupon codes being added is fixed. Issue was in the coupon admin settings.
    Last edited by gigi3; 11 Oct 2015 at 11:39 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gigi3 View Post
    ... 1. I now have the tax rate being calculated in the total once the 0% is updated to 5%. (configuration settings)
    **However, all products show a 0% tax on being added in Edit Orders before manually updating tax %.
    **NOTE: when order is created via the online shop, tax is correctly added. This issue happens ONLY when adding a new order (Admin New Order) from the admin area. ...
    What are your settings in "admin" -> "Configuration" -> "Customer Details"? In particular the settings for "State" and "State - Always display as pulldown?"?

What are your settings in "admin" -> "Configuration" -> "My Store"? In particular the settings for "Country", "Zone" (state), "Basis of Product Tax", and "Basis of Shipping Tax"?

Are there any other 3rd party tax plugins installed (such as those for VAT or Local Sales Taxes)?

Any Zen Cart debug logs (not asking for Edit Orders debug logs, just any Zen Cart debug logs)?

Have you verified the order contains the correct address to trigger Zen Cart tax rules (and the Zone / State exists in the database)? Please note if you change the address, you will need to save the new address information by clicking "update" before adding products (otherwise the address changes will not be saved).

Also note with the current version of Edit Orders (at the time of writing 4.1.4) once an editable field contains data (such as the tax rate containing a 0), this value will always be used (instead of the value automatically generated by Zen Cart for the field). This is necessary to allow people to override the default values.

When using "Admin New Order" to create a new "blank" order for a customer... "Edit Orders" appears to work as expected in my Zen Cart 1.5.1 and 1.5.4 test stores (clean install w/ demo data + "Admin New Customer", "Admin New Order", and "Edit Orders".)... When a product is added to a "blank" order, when adding a new product the correct tax rate is used for the product based upon the tax status of the product, the store settings, and the address.

To test I first added a product to an order with a state configured for no tax (this is all states except Florida in the demo data); resulting in a 0% tax rate on the added product. Next I changed the address to a state configured for tax (Florida is a 7% tax rate in the demo data); resulting in a 7% tax rate on the added product.

... 2. Coupon codes being added is fixed. Issue was in the coupon admin settings.
    Can you elaborate (for all of the viewers at home)?
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for your response, lhungil!

I think you've hit on my issue. These orders are created in the admin using the Admin New Order plugin because these orders are 'in store' and no address is needed. The products all have a 5% tax rate for in store sales. Is there a way to set the tax rate so there is no need to depend on the address of the client for calculation?

The online orders work proprerly, of course, because our online clients include an address for shipping in their order.

As for #2. The coupon was set to a minimum order of $100. *blush* Easy fix. ;)

Plugin Contributions

Just an afterthought, the entire customer base, including both our online customers and our in store customers are in Canada. We have, and will have, no customers outside of Canada.

Plugin Contributions

Fixed it.

Created a new Zone for all of Canada with a set tax rate. I had it set for 2 separate zones to accommodate shipping rates.

Seems to work. Thank you for taking the time!

Plugin Contributions

... I think you've hit on my issue. These orders are created in the admin using the Admin New Order plugin because these orders are 'in store' and no address is needed. The products all have a 5% tax rate for in store sales. Is there a way to set the tax rate so there is no need to depend on the address of the client for calculation? ...
    You could just enter the store's address for the order. This way the tax rate for the store location would be used (and recorded as the location for reports and potential tax audits). And don't forget the store location must have a configured tax rate.

If you have time, you could modify "Admin New Order" to add an "In Store Purchase" button. When pressed, the code could be altered to automatically add the store's address to the order as the shipping address (and continue to pull the customer / billing from the database if present).

... Created a new Zone for all of Canada with a set tax rate. ...
    Thank you for reporting more details about how you are using "Admin New Order" and "Edit Orders" and your solution!

I am not conversant with CAN tax rules (so ignore the next sentence if it does not apply)... My only concern would be this change may impact customers shopping online from other locations in CAN where you (the seller) may not be required to collect and remit tax (or need to do so at a different rate).

If you want better reporting (and order records), you may want to think about also adding the modifications I mentioned above to "Admin New Order" in the future (and add the tax rate for the physical store location).
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker