Plugin Contributions

Default Category and Search Box Issue

Well, I'm reading/studying the forum and making progress! Thanks to everyone. I think (hope) these 2 questions are fairly easy but we shall see.

www.baystatetoolsupply.com

I created the categories in Admin but for some reason its showing 2 categories for "Carbide Micro Cutting Tools" when viewing the site. This is an older custom template (version 1.37 or 8) I had done for me and I deleted all the original categories (and apparently all my nice custom images! damn) to start fresh as I have new vendors/categories now. Any ideas on why it would show twice?

Also - if you see the search box to the left, I want to change the SEARCH_BOX_EXAMPLE text to read something like: eg. "1/2 carbide endmill" . I found the sideboxes/tpl_search.php file in the my custom template directory but not sure what to edit. I 1st changed the '<br />' to '1/2" carbide endmill and the text looked like this "SEARCH_BOX_EXAMPLE(eg. 1/2" carbide endmill". I deducted I needed to change the SEARCH_BOX_EXAMPLE part of the line and I completely lost my page & edited it back to original form.

Thanks in advance!
    Brad

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category and Search Box Issue

You apparently uploaded an image for that category, but the image is now missing. The first "Carbide Micro Cutting Tools" is the alt text for the missing image. Hover over that and over one of the displayed images to see the similarity.

If you want to change output text, you need to edit the define for the text in the sidebox's language file.