Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FAQ Module [Support]

Glad you got it sorted.

Plugin Contributions

I found a bug in tpl_faq_info_display in both versions. Line 44 reads:

PHP Code:
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_faqs_next_previous.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_faqs_next_previous.php'); ?> 
    but it should be:

PHP Code:
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_faq_next_previous.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_faq_next_previous.php'); ?> 
    (there's an s on faq, but it should be faq and not faqs)

This was breaking the bottom previous/next buttons as well as not showing the footer menu since it stopped there and nothing after was being rendered.

Thanks for this mod!!!

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

First, thank you thank you for such a great mod!!

Second - I stewed and stewed about how in the world to get my questions to show up under the categories on the FAQ All page, instead of showing them in the order that I had put entered them in.

Hoping that this will help someone else who has the same dilemma. Here is what I did:

1. I edited my FAQ categories to have a sort order of 100, 200, etc
    2. Then I went to the FAQ and put a sort order that fell within the range of my category. (It is easier for me to remember this way - but I am old and forgetful - so you may not need to do that! LOL) So... for example... I have two q & a under the first category. I put the sort orders of 100 and 110 respectively in the question/answer. Then I went to the second category and changed the Q & A sort to start with 200.

Now the questions show up neatly right underneath the category they belong to!

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: FAQ Module [Support]

Hello, I am using Zen-Cart 1.5.1 and the latest version 2.3 of the FAQ module and am using three languages (English, German and Spanish).

My problem is very similar to the user arsanat.

On page: www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=faqs_all

I see three different faqs in the language I am using and three different categories name.

It looks something like this (in English language, if I am using Spanish languages then the category name stays the same, but all the questions are shown in Spansih language):

Frequently Asked Questions

Sort by: FAQ Name

Product Information
    Can the product by manufacturer X be used in the engine of the manufacturer Y?

Produkt information

Información del producto

All the languages have been translated and the problem still persist and has not magically disappeared .

Does anybody have any ideas!?

Any help would be appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

I solved the problem with multiple languages with the help by user FredSchenk and the thread FAQ Manager - FAQs multiple times displayed.

The code in zen-cart\includes\modules\pages\faqs_all\header_php.php line 21-22 which reads:

$faqs_all_query_raw = "select p.*, pd.*, pcd.faq_categories_name from " . TABLE_FAQS . " p, " . TABLE_FAQS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_FAQ_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " pcd, " . TABLE_FAQ_CATEGORIES . " pc " .
    "where p.faqs_status = '1' and p.faqs_id = pd.faqs_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "' and p.master_faq_categories_id = pcd.faq_categories_id and p.master_faq_categories_id = pc.faq_categories_id and pc.faq_categories_status='1' ";

must be changed to read:

$faqs_all_query_raw = "select p.*, pd.*, pcd.faq_categories_name from " . TABLE_FAQS . " p, " . TABLE_FAQS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_FAQ_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " pcd, " . TABLE_FAQ_CATEGORIES . " pc " .
    "where p.faqs_status = '1' and p.faqs_id = pd.faqs_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['languages_id'] . "' and p.master_faq_categories_id = pcd.faq_categories_id and p.master_faq_categories_id = pc.faq_categories_id and pc.faq_categories_status='1' and pd.language_id = pcd.language_id ";

Plugin Contributions

Let me first say thank you for a great module - congrats. I have it installed here: business - support - uk dot co dot uk and it appears to be fine with two small exceptions that I hope somebody can help with. The first issue I have is when I go to the featured faqs page within admin I appear to be missing some button definition information.
    I have included this screen shot for reference:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	featured_faqs.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	13988

My second problem is that I am unable to include the module within another profile other than a 'super user'. When I grant access rights it appears in the other user profiles 'extras' menu but says they don't have permission when the relevant box is definitely ticked. This is the only module that this happens to. I have gone into the database and can see the following information:

admin_pages
    Page Key: configFAQManager
    Language Key: BOX_CATALOG_FAQ_MANAGER
    main_page: FILENAME_FAQ_MANAGER
    page_params: gID=41
    menu_key: extras
    display_on_menu: Y
    sort_order: 41

admin_pages_to_profiles
    profile_id: 4
    page_key: configFAQManager

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Apologises - I'm using Zen ver 1.51 and FAQ Manager ver 2.2 lol

Plugin Contributions

I'm wondering where the category description is supposed to show up. I am not seeing it showing anywhere. I would like to have the category description under the category title on the category listing page... Is there some setting I need to turn on or do I need to modify the code somewhere?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	faq-shipping.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	14011

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this. Is this thread still alive? Does anybody have any idea why I am unable to grant access to another admin user? It is a great module but unfortunately is no good if only I can manage it - would be a shame to have to uninstall it cos it is exactly what I have been looking for.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mc View Post
    Ok, so I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this. Is this thread still alive? Does anybody have any idea why I am unable to grant access to another admin user? It is a great module but unfortunately is no good if only I can manage it - would be a shame to have to uninstall it cos it is exactly what I have been looking for.
    Usually, there's a plugin file that is in the /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/extra_datafiles folder that contains the plugin's "filenames" and "database" names. If there is a PHP define statement that contains the plugin's filename, make sure that the definition value does not end with .php. If it does, remove the .php bit from the definition and you'll be able to allow non-superuser admins to also use the tool.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast