Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FAQ Module [Support]

Hi, I just installed this module on Zen Cart 1.5.5 since there did not appear to be any modifications to core files, but I noticed one problem. I added my first questions using the CKEditor and saved it, but when I view the question on the website it is showing me the HTML coding syntax like <u>, <p>, <li>, etc. I turned off the HTML editor and it still does it. Do you have any idea how to fix this? I really would like to use this module! Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's probably because the v155 sanitizer is likely treating those fields as risky because the plugin hasn't told it which fields it's willing to trust.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I've updated the plugin to v2.4 which now includes /your_admin_folder/includes/extra_datafiles/faq_manager_sanitizer.php to let it work with ZC v1.5.5
    Last edited by DrByte; 3 Mar 2017 at 06:45 PM.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The new v2.4 works a treat. Thanks DrByte for updating it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I installed FAQ into v1.5.5 using the 'responsive_classic' template.

I did have trouble installing the database as it kept telling me that the 'Key' length was too long. Said 1000 bytes max. I got it to take by changing the length of the field length of 'faq_categories_name' in the 'faq_categories_description' table from varchar(400) to 325 and the field length for the 'faqs_name' in the 'faqs_description' table from varchar(500) to 325. I inked them down by 5 in SQL window until I got them to go without an error. seems like 325 is the magic number.

Anyway, I installed all the other FAQ files and loaded the FAQs with several categories and added some FAQs in several of the categories.

I then set the 'faq_categories.php' sidebox to the right side and gave it an appropriate sort order and set the 'Left/Right Column Status:' to on.

No FAQ sidebox appeared. I tried left instead of right, messed with the sort order...nothing.

Is there a configuration I may have forgotten, or could there be an issue with the template?

Stumped...

p.s. I had this working on the old 1.3.9 version, using a custom purchased template, before we upgraded to 1.5.5 last year. I'm just getting around to adding some of the old plugins and a couple of new ones to the site.
    Last edited by rayzermatic; 24 Sep 2017 at 01:34 AM.

Plugin Contributions

No answer for the side box, but if you use varchar the maximum value can be 255. If you need a bigger field, you need to change varchar to text.

Plugin Contributions

Here is the log entry for the side box: (sterilized)
    [23-Sep-2017 23:03:38 UTC] Request URI: /, IP address: ###.###.###.###
    #1 require() called at [/[root]/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #2 require(/[root]/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/xxx/includes/application_top.php:170]
    #3 require(/[root]/includes/application_top.php) called at [/xxx/index.php:26]

[23-Sep-2017 23:03:38 UTC] PHP Warning: require(includes/init_includes/init_faq.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /[root]/includes/autoload_func.php on line 48
    [23-Sep-2017 23:03:38 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/init_includes/init_faq.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /[root]/includes/autoload_func.php on line 48

There is a "init_faq.php" file in the "init_includes" folder.
    Last edited by rayzermatic; 26 Sep 2017 at 01:02 AM.

Plugin Contributions

The forum won''t let me delete the last post., so just ignore the last post as I just noticed it is from the 23rd log file when I was getting white screens.

I fixed this problem, but the side boxes still don't show up. I will probably reload everything this coming weekend if I get the time.

The forum needs a post delete function.

Plugin Contributions

I'll ask it a different way...

I installed the new FAQ into v1.5.5 using the 'responsive classic' template but cannot get the FAQ sidebox to appear.
    I tried left instead of right, messed with the sort order...nothing.

Is there a configuration I may have forgotten? Could there be an issue with the 'responsive classic' template?

Other side boxes do display in the template, but, I think most if not all of the ones I'm using other than the FAQ, are the factory ones.

Still Stumped...

Hey, looking to install this plugin. From this thread found a live site using it. Appears exactly what I'm looking for except one thing:

Within a subject is the list of topics. I'd prefer to have a little arrow (or triangle) next to each topic that can "expand" and "collapse" the topic instead of each Q/A topic being its own separate page. If arrow points up, it is collapsed and you can click to expand. If arrow is down, it's expanded and you can click to collapse. Anyone seen something like that?

I'm going to guess the way this plugin is designed that would be difficult?
    THANKS!!
    Scott

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast