Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FAQ Module [Support]

Where you added:"DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS" to read: require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'featured_faqs.php');
    zen_start_featured_faqs();
    zen_expire_featured_faqs();

Then you changed to this in version 2.1 to read:
    require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'faq_category_tree.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'featued_faqs.php');
    Add a r to "featued_faqs.php to read "featured_faqs.php"
    This should get you back up and running .. This file is located at includes/init_includes/init_faq.php

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: FAQ Module [Support]

Also "DIR_WS_CLASSES" should be changed to: "DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS" to read:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'featured_faqs.php');

I made the changes to this file and FAQ 2.1 is up and running!!! Praise the Lord!

Plugin Contributions

And yet another issue (I will get these all worked out one day, I promise :). In includes/init_includes/init_faq.php, remove this block of code located on/about line 18 so that your category page will work

PHP Code:
    /**
     * process all $_GET terms
     */

$strictReplace '[<>\']';

$unStrictReplace '[<>]';
      if (isset(
    $_GET) && count($_GET) > 0) {
        foreach(
    $_GET as $key=>$value){
          if(
    is_array($value)){
            foreach(
    $value as $key2 => $val2){
              if (
    $key2 == 'keyword') {

$_GET[$key][$key2] = preg_replace('/'.$unStrictReplace.'/'''$val2);
              } else {

$_GET[$key][$key2] = preg_replace('/'.$strictReplace.'/'''$val2);
              }
              unset(
    $GLOBALS[$key]);
            }
          } else {
            if (
    $key == 'keyword') {

$_GET[$key] = preg_replace('/'.$unStrictReplace.'/'''$value);
            } else {

$_GET[$key] = preg_replace('/'.$strictReplace.'/'''$value);
            }
            unset(
    $GLOBALS[$key]);
          }
        }
      } 
    All that code in the FAQ Module does is duplicate what Zen Cart is already set up to do.

I'm going to do some more testing on a brand new install to make sure there aren't any further issues then I'll submit an update to the module so that it works out of the box.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: FAQ Module [Support]

I have edited the code per the last post - "includes/init_includes/init_faq.php". But I still have a problem with the main FAQ page. I have the "faqs_all" link under my Customer Support in the main nav bar. When the faq page loads, it says:

Frequently Asked Questions

There are no FAQs available at this time - please check back later.

In the previous version the "title header and default text and a "Ask a Question" was all on the same page, but not so now. Is there something that I don't have set-up or do you have any suggustions?
    Also in my Admin, the FAQ Manager is no where to be found. In the Layout Boxes Controller its there as a sidebox, but not under Extras as per the instructions. I've verified the entries in the database and they all seem to be there. And checked all the install files in the Admin directory within the html/ home directory on my host. I have a horizontal nav bar menu (tb_sempre) flavor /template by Brandon Turpin. So sidebox is out ... If you have any suggestions on how to get this working, please let me know. If I could assist you in any way, email me... THx

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dmchljhnsn View Post
    I have edited the code per the last post - "includes/init_includes/init_faq.php". But I still have a problem with the main FAQ page. I have the "faqs_all" link under my Customer Support in the main nav bar. When the faq page loads, it says:

Frequently Asked Questions

There are no FAQs available at this time - please check back later.

In the previous version the "title header and default text and a "Ask a Question" was all on the same page, but not so now. Is there something that I don't have set-up or do you have any suggustions?
    Also in my Admin, the FAQ Manager is no where to be found. In the Layout Boxes Controller its there as a sidebox, but not under Extras as per the instructions. I've verified the entries in the database and they all seem to be there. And checked all the install files in the Admin directory within the html/ home directory on my host. I have a horizontal nav bar menu (tb_sempre) flavor /template by Brandon Turpin. So sidebox is out ... If you have any suggestions on how to get this working, please let me know. If I could assist you in any way, email me... THx
    Only your faq categories and faqs will show on the faqs all page - I removed ask a question for now because there were so many problems with it on the last release. It should be easy enough to update and add back in, but it will probably need to be restructured so that it's safe enough to use.

Plugin Contributions

ok --- why do think the FAQ Manager Module is not showing up in the Admin control panel under EXTRAS? Have you got it working on the test server? I am thinking about reinstalling zen cart and then doing the updates, then install FAQ again. Have you uploaded anything yet since the Sept 26 update? Thx for your efforts... I'm sure you get alot of apprication from the rest of the Zen Cart community! Thx again---

Plugin Contributions

ok --- why do think the FAQ Manager Module is not showing up in the Admin control panel under EXTRAS? Have you got it working on the test server? I am thinking about reinstalling zen cart and then doing the updates, then install FAQ again. Have you uploaded anything yet since the Sept 26 update? Thx for your efforts... I'm sure you get alot of apprication from the rest of the Zen Cart community! Thx again---
    Tis working on both my test server (a totally vanilla version of zen cart) and the almost live site I'm working on - the only thing that isn't working currently (if you've made all of the changes mentioned in previous posts) is subcategories - but because the mod uses the faqs all page instead of a clone of the category/product listing, it make sense that the subcategories aren't working properly.

This time around, I'm thinking about pulling the subcategory function from the mod entirely - you'll still be able to create categories and faqs, just not subcategories. It will make the mod a lot easier to use and install.

Plugin Contributions

Ok.. that makes cent$... Have you looked in to why the FAQ Manager is not showing up in the ADMIN under EXTRAS? I am with a new host (Host Gator), maybe it'll work better with them... I let you know...
    THx Michael

Plugin Contributions

Ok.. that makes cent$... Have you looked in to why the FAQ Manager is not showing up in the ADMIN under EXTRAS? I am with a new host (Host Gator), maybe it'll work better with them... I let you know...
    THx Michael
    I apologize - just read my post from last night and I didn't answer your question - sleep deprivation and I don't get along too well.

A couple of things you can check if the FAQ Manager isn't showing up on the Extras menu - go to your_admin/languages/english/extra_definitions/faq_manager_defines.php and make sure the line
    PHP Code:
    define('BOX_CATALOG_FAQ_MANAGER''FAQ Manager'); 
    is there.

If you have that line in that file, you can try uninstalling the configuration settings and reinstall 'em. In your admin or mySQL, run
    PHP Code:
    SET @configuration_group_id=0;
    SELECT @configuration_group_id:=configuration_group_id
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title
    'FAQ Manager'
    LIMIT 1;
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = @configuration_group_id;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id = @configuration_group_id;

DELETE FROM admin_pages WHERE page_key 'configFAQManager' LIMIT 1
    to remove all the configuration options from your database.

Then run
    PHP Code:
    SELECT @cid:=configuration_group_id
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title
    'FAQ Manager';
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = @cid;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id = @cid;

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (NULL'FAQ Manager''Set FAQ Manager Options''1''1');
    SET @cid=last_insert_id();
    UPDATE configuration_group SET sort_order = @cid WHERE configuration_group_id = @cid;
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_idconfiguration_titleconfiguration_keyconfiguration_valueconfiguration_descriptionconfiguration_group_idsort_orderdate_addeduse_functionset_functionVALUES 
    (NULL'All FAQs - Configuration Group ID''FAQ_LISTS_GROUP_ID_ALL', @cid'<br/>Warning: Only change this if your FAQs Group ID has changed from the default<br />What is the configuration_group_id for FAQ Listings?<br/>', @cid1NOW(), NULLNULL),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Info - Prev/Next Navigation Bar Status''FAQ_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT_STATUS''1''<br/>Show the prev/next navigation bar on the FAQ info pages?<br/>', @cid10NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Info - Prev/Next Navigation Bar Position''FAQ_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT_POSITION''1''<br/>Set the location of prev/next navigation bar on the FAQ info pages<br/>', @cid11NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'Top of Page\'), array(\'id\'=>\'2\', \'text\'=>\'Bottom of Page\'), array(\'id\'=>\'3\', \'text\'=>\'Both Top & Bottom of Page\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Info - Prev/Next Sort Order''FAQ_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT_SORT''1''<br/>Sort order of prev/next navigation bar on the FAQ info pages<br/>', @cid12NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'FAQ Name\'), array(\'id\'=>\'2\', \'text\'=>\'FAQ Name DESC\'), array(\'id\'=>\'3\', \'text\'=>\'FAQ Sort Order, FAQ Category Sort Order\'), array(\'id\'=>\'4\', \'text\'=>\'FAQ Category Sort Order\'), array(\'id\'=>\'5\', \'text\'=>\'Date Added DESC, FAQs Name\'), array(\'id\'=>\'5\', \'text\'=>\'Date Added DESC, FAQs Name\'), array(\'id\'=>\'7\', \'text\'=>\'FAQs Sort Order\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Info - Back Button Status''FAQ_INFO_BACK_BUTTON''1''<br/>Show the back button on the FAQ info pages?<br/>', @cid13NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Max Display''MAX_DISPLAY_FAQS_ALL''20''<br/>Number of FAQs to show on the main FAQ index page<br/>', @cid20NOW(), NULLNULL),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Default Sort Order''FAQ_SORT_DEFAULT''3''<br/>Sets the default FAQ sort order<br />', @cid22NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'FAQ Name A - Z\'), array(\'id\'=>\'2\', \'text\'=>\'FAQs Name Z - A\'), array(\'id\'=>\'3\', \'text\'=>\'Category Name with Admin Sort Order\'), array(\'id\'=>\'4\', \'text\'=>\'Admin Defined Sort Order\'), array(\'id\'=>\'6\', \'text\'=>\'Date Added Oldest First\'), array(\'id\'=>\'7\', \'text\'=>\'Date Added Newest First\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Display Sorter''FAQ_ALL_DISPLAY_SORT_ORDER''1''<br/>Show the FAQ sorter on the FAQ index page?<br/>', @cid23NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Idex - Prev/Next Navigation Bar Status''FAQ_INDEX_PREVIOUS_NEXT_STATUS''1''<br/>Show the prev/next navigation bar on the FAQ index page?<br/>', @cid24NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Prev/Next Navigation Bar Position''FAQ_INDEX_PREVIOUS_NEXT_POSITION''1''<br/>Set the location of prev/next navigation bar on the FAQ index page<br/>', @cid25NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'Top of Page\'), array(\'id\'=>\'2\', \'text\'=>\'Bottom of Page\'), array(\'id\'=>\'3\', \'text\'=>\'Both Top & Bottom of Page\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Show Featured FAQs''SHOW_FEATURED_FAQS_INDEX''1''Show featured FAQs on the main FAQ index page?', @cid26NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Max Display Featured FAQs''MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS_FEATURED_FAQ''5''Number of featured FAQs to show on the main FAQ index page', @cid27NOW(), NULLNULL),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Category Box - Separator between the Category Name and Sub Categories''FAQ_CATEGORIES_SEPARATOR_SUBS''|_&nbsp;''<br/>What separator do you want between the FAQ Category name and Subcategory Name?<br />Default = |_&amp;nbsp;<br/>', @cid50NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_textarea_small('),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Category Box - Always Open to Show FAQ SubCategories''SHOW_FAQ_CATEGORIES_SUBFAQ_CATEGORIES_ALWAYS''1''<br/>Setting for always show FAQ categories and subcategories on the FAQ category box.<br />', @cid51NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off - Just Show Top Categories\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On, Always Show Categories and Subcategories When Selected\')),'),
    (
    NULL'Display FAQ Name''FAQ_ALL_LIST_NAME''2101''Do you want to display the FAQ Name?<br /><br />0= off<br />1st digit Left or Right<br />2nd and 3rd digit Sort Order<br />4th digit number of breaks after<br />', @cid82NOW(), NULLNULL); 

INSERT IGNORE INTO admin_pages (page_key,language_key,main_page,page_params,menu_key,display_on_menu,sort_orderVALUES ('configFAQManager','BOX_CATALOG_FAQ_MANAGER','FILENAME_FAQ_MANAGER',CONCAT('gID=',@cid),'extras','Y',@cid); 
    This is just the sql to uninstall and reinstall the configuration options - the faq tables where your faq categories and faq answers are stored are not touched if you just run the statements above.

I don't know why but sometimes if I run a SQL statement in my admin, the options I add to my database won't show up. If that happens, I run them through mySQL and they do show. It's user error of some sort, but I haven't pinpointed a cause. Hopefully removing and reinstalling the configuration options will work.

Plugin Contributions

Nice plugin Does this plugin work on version 1.39h

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast