Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FAQ Module [Support]

Quote Originally Posted by raj3396 View Post
    Nice plugin Does this plugin work on version 1.39h
    Not as is - it's formatted for 1.5. I have an earlier version installed on a 1.39h store but I believe I had to make quite a few modifications to it. I'm in the middle of "remodeling" this version. If you can give me a couple of days, I'll install it on my 1.39h store, see if it works and let you know.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply, we version 1.39 people shall be eagerly waiting for the faq mod for 1.39 ..

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the version 1.39, I have already installed FAQ PAGE. So how should I go ahead with the FAQ MODULE installation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by raj3396 View Post
    thanks for the version 1.39, I have already installed FAQ PAGE. So how should I go ahead with the FAQ MODULE installation
    Whoa that was fast! I just submitted the mod update late last week - didn't think it would get approved so fast. Thanks Zen Cart team!

I just took a look at the FAQ Page Mod and because of some conflicting file names, you would want to uninstall the FAQ Page Mod and install the FAQ Manager Mod.

But before you do that - these mods are very similar and give a similar look to a site - if you already have the FAQ Page set up and looking the way you want, you may want to consider sticking with it. It would be a lot of work to uninstall that mod and replace it with FAQ Manger.

Plugin Contributions

Great Module....

I've used it a few times on earlier sites.

Was very disappointed to learn that the submit question option is no longer available?

Any ideas when this may be integrated within the module again?

Many Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Canvas101 View Post
    Great Module....

I've used it a few times on earlier sites.

Was very disappointed to learn that the submit question option is no longer available?

Any ideas when this may be integrated within the module again?

Many Thanks
    I didn't include the submit a question because it isn't a feature that I use on my site so unless for some reason I decide to start using it, I probably won't add it back on. You're welcome to take a crack at it however

Plugin Contributions

I can not get individual faq's shown, only categories are shown in main page after clicking on either side box or header link of Zen Cart Store. The history follows: Installed Faq Manager v2.0 on Zen Cart v1.5, tried but failed to implement forum corrections and uninstalled the module. Then upgraded to Zen Cart v1.5.1 added spanish language and reinstalled FAQ Manager v 2.2, adding all english folder related files to the corresponding spanish folders, also using all examples in the install folder of v 2.2. placed in the same structure as the provided directories and replicating as needed in the spanish directories. On trying to upload the SQL patch I got the following message in the patch installing tool of ZC:
    20 statements processed.
    ERROR: Cannot insert configuration_key "" because it already exists
    Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.

I have created a few categories and FAQ´s in admin, also featured FAQ's, but in the store only categories show, no individual FAQ´s. Also in both English and Spanish languages, categories appear in both languages, instead of only the language selected.
    I noticed too that in ZC admin on selecting FAQ manger three columns with headers: faq options, settings, and action, appear blank. Also, in Spanish, action is replaced with TABLE_HEADING_ACTION.

Thanks for your help, this is my first store and first post.
    Last edited by arsanat; 18 Oct 2012 at 02:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Plugin Contributions

You received the SQL error because you didn't copy and paste the contents of faq_uninstall.sql in admin > tools > Install SQL Patches when you uninstalled 2.0.

Basically what happened was because the database tables were not removed before reinstalling, it messed up all of your settings and is causing most (if not all) of your problems.

Let's get everything working in english before we tackle the spanish language issues.

First, copy the following code:
    PHP Code:
    SET @configuration_group_id=0;
    SELECT @configuration_group_id:=configuration_group_id
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title
    'FAQ Manager'
    LIMIT 1;
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = @configuration_group_id;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id = @configuration_group_id;

DELETE FROM admin_pages WHERE page_key 'configFAQManager' LIMIT 1
    Then go to admin > tools > install sql patches, paste the code and hit send. This will remove the old settings from your admin.

Then copy the following code:
    PHP Code:
    SELECT @cid:=configuration_group_id
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title
    'FAQ Manager';
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = @cid;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id = @cid;

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (NULL'FAQ Manager''Set FAQ Manager Options''1''1');
    SET @cid=last_insert_id();
    UPDATE configuration_group SET sort_order = @cid WHERE configuration_group_id = @cid;
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_idconfiguration_titleconfiguration_keyconfiguration_valueconfiguration_descriptionconfiguration_group_idsort_orderdate_addeduse_functionset_functionVALUES
    (NULL'Admin - Configuration Group ID''FAQ_LISTS_GROUP_ID_ALL', @cid'<br/>Warning: Only change this if your FAQs Group ID has changed from the default<br /><br/>What is the configuration_group_id for FAQ Listings?<br/>', @cid1NOW(), NULLNULL),
    (
    NULL'Admin - Maximum FAQ Categories FAQs Display List''MAX_DISPLAY_RESULTS_FAQ_CATEGORIES''10''<br/>Number of FAQs to list per screen in the admin display<br/>', @cid1NOW(), NULLNULL),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Info - Breadcrumb Status''DEFINE_FAQ_BREADCRUMB_STATUS''1''<br/>Show the breadcrumb on the FAQ info pages?<br/>', @cid9NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Info - Breadcrumb Seperator''FAQ_BREAD_CRUMBS_SEPARATOR'':''<br/>Enter the separator symbol to appear between links on the FAQ breadcrumb<br/><br/>Note: Include spaces with the &amp;nbsp; symbol if you want them part of the separator.<br /><br/>Default = &amp;nbsp;::&amp;nbsp;', @cid10NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_textarea_small('),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Info - Prev/Next Navigation Bar Status''FAQ_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT_STATUS''1''<br/>Show the prev/next navigation bar on the FAQ info pages?<br/>', @cid11NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Info - Prev/Next Navigation Bar Position''FAQ_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT_POSITION''1''<br/>Set the location of prev/next navigation bar on the FAQ info pages<br/>', @cid12NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'Top of Page\'), array(\'id\'=>\'2\', \'text\'=>\'Bottom of Page\'), array(\'id\'=>\'3\', \'text\'=>\'Both Top & Bottom of Page\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Info - Prev/Next Sort Order''FAQ_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT_SORT''1''<br/>Sort order of prev/next navigation bar on the FAQ info pages<br/>', @cid13NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'FAQ Name\'), array(\'id\'=>\'2\', \'text\'=>\'FAQ Name DESC\'), array(\'id\'=>\'3\', \'text\'=>\'FAQ Sort Order, FAQ Category Sort Order\'), array(\'id\'=>\'4\', \'text\'=>\'FAQ Category Sort Order\'), array(\'id\'=>\'5\', \'text\'=>\'Date Added DESC, FAQs Name\'), array(\'id\'=>\'5\', \'text\'=>\'Date Added DESC, FAQs Name\'), array(\'id\'=>\'7\', \'text\'=>\'FAQs Sort Order\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Info - Back Button Status''FAQ_INFO_BACK_BUTTON''1''<br/>Show the back button on the FAQ info pages?<br/>', @cid14NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Max Display''MAX_DISPLAY_FAQS_ALL''20''<br/>Number of FAQs to show on the main FAQ index page<br/>', @cid20NOW(), NULLNULL),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Default Sort Order''FAQ_SORT_DEFAULT''3''<br/>Sets the default FAQ sort order<br />', @cid22NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'FAQ Name A - Z\'), array(\'id\'=>\'2\', \'text\'=>\'FAQs Name Z - A\'), array(\'id\'=>\'3\', \'text\'=>\'Category Name with Admin Sort Order\'), array(\'id\'=>\'4\', \'text\'=>\'Admin Defined Sort Order\'), array(\'id\'=>\'6\', \'text\'=>\'Date Added Oldest First\'), array(\'id\'=>\'7\', \'text\'=>\'Date Added Newest First\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Display Sorter''FAQ_ALL_DISPLAY_SORT_ORDER''1''<br/>Show the FAQ sorter on the FAQ index page?<br/>', @cid23NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Prev/Next Navigation Bar Status''FAQ_INDEX_PREVIOUS_NEXT_STATUS''1''<br/>Show the prev/next navigation bar on the FAQ index page?<br/>', @cid24NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Prev/Next Navigation Bar Position''FAQ_INDEX_PREVIOUS_NEXT_POSITION''1''<br/>Set the location of prev/next navigation bar on the FAQ index page<br/>', @cid25NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'Top of Page\'), array(\'id\'=>\'2\', \'text\'=>\'Bottom of Page\'), array(\'id\'=>\'3\', \'text\'=>\'Both Top & Bottom of Page\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Show Featured FAQs''SHOW_FEATURED_FAQS_INDEX''1''Show featured FAQs on the main FAQ index page?', @cid26NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Index - Max Display Featured FAQs''MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS_FEATURED_FAQ''5''<br/>Number of featured FAQs to show on the main FAQ index page<br/>', @cid27NOW(), NULLNULL),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Category Box - Show Counter''SHOW_FAQ_COUNTS''true''<br/>Count recursively how many products are in each category<br/><br/>default=true<br/>', @cid50NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),' ),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Category Box - Count Prefix''FAQ_CATEGORIES_COUNT_PREFIX''&nbsp;(''<br/>What do you want to prefix the FAQ count with?<br/><br/>Default= "&nbsp;("<br/>', @cid51NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_textarea_small(' ),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Category Box - Count Suffix''FAQ_CATEGORIES_COUNT_SUFFIX'')''<br/>What do you want as a suffix to the FAQ count?<br/><br/>Default= ")"<br/>', @cid52NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_textarea_small(' ),
    (
    NULL'FAQ Category Box - Categories with 0 FAQs Status''FAQ_CATEGORIES_COUNT_ZERO''1''<br/>Show FAQ Count for categories with no active FAQs?<br/>', @cid53NOW(), NULL'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),' ),
    (
    NULL'Display FAQ Name''FAQ_ALL_LIST_NAME''2101''Do you want to display the FAQ Name?<br /><br />0= off<br />1st digit Left or Right<br />2nd and 3rd digit Sort Order<br />4th digit number of breaks after<br />', @cid82NOW(), NULLNULL); 

INSERT IGNORE INTO admin_pages (page_key,language_key,main_page,page_params,menu_key,display_on_menu,sort_orderVALUES ('configFAQManager','BOX_CATALOG_FAQ_MANAGER','FILENAME_FAQ_MANAGER',CONCAT('gID=',@cid),'extras','Y',@cid); 
    Then go to admin > tools > install sql patches, paste the code and hit send. This will add the new settings to your admin without removing any of the faqs and categories that you created.

Then try going to your faq page again and see if your faqs are showing up. If they aren't, make sure all of the files from the mod uploaded into their correct folders and try again.

If you still need help, I need a link to your faq page so I can see what's going on in the code.

Good luck

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=kamelion0927;1158246]You received the SQL error because you didn't copy and paste the contents of faq_uninstall.sql in admin > tools > Install SQL Patches when you uninstalled 2.0.

Basically what happened was because the database tables were not removed before reinstalling, it messed up all of your settings and is causing most (if not all) of your problems.

Let's get everything working in english before we tackle the spanish language issues.

Thanks kamelion for your very fast response. I followed your instructions, the uninstall patch ran smoothly with 5 statements processed, however your recommended install SQL gave me:

8 statements processed.
    Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details

so, basically nothing changed and the problem remains. Before installing FAQ module 2.2 I did run the uninstall patch for version 2.0. However, in my post I missed informing that besides the spanish module, before installing FAQ Manager v 2.2 I have also succesfully installed the following modules: reward_point_full_suite_2.1b, orders_exporter_1.6, group_pricing_per_item_150a, Admin_Login_As_Customer_v3.0_For_ZCv150, and Zen Cart Spanish Language Pack for Zen Cart 1.5.1

kamelion0927, could you kindly check the SQL code? Thank you. I hope my begginer's errors could help others avoid them!

arsanat

Plugin Contributions

I actually tried the SQL code on my site before I posted it and was successful. Maybe the issue is that because I'm a store owner and not a coder, I'm not troubleshooting as well as someone who is proficient with this kind of issue.

Before you try to install another language on any mod (unless it's already included in the mod), you should get it working in english first - it's just one less variable to consider.

The only other suggestion I have is to restore the backed up version of your database and run the sql statement again. If you didn't back up, you can try to run the uninstall.sql through mySQL (directly in your database).

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast