Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New add-on "product type book" for ZC 1.5

This is a very good plugin. I have installed it as I am going to start selling e-books, so, several of the drop downs will be changed. you have answered the question I had before I ask it. Did you build this?
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

No, Phillou did.
    But I use it heavily ( with some changes)
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Forgot to ask; does this work with v1.5.6a?
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Nope. I'm working on a update to 156. I don't know the intentions of Phillou, but meanwhile I'm doing it and adding some features that I use in the bookstore that I work.
    However, probably is not going to work with zc155 ( I think it will, but still not sure).

Those changes are being made in git. You are welcome to test them ( knowing that it's still in development), so if you need to have your site online yesterday, probably is best to stay with 155.
    The admin installation / update is more or less ready ( to test further).
    But unfortunately I'll have to updated ep4bookx also, and CEON url rewrite ( that I have with this module).
    So I guess, I'm a bit demoralized.
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    Nope. I'm working on a update to 156. I don't know the intentions of Phillou, but meanwhile I'm doing it and adding some features that I use in the bookstore that I work.
    However, probably is not going to work with zc155 ( I think it will, but still not sure).

Those changes are being made in git. You are welcome to test them ( knowing that it's still in development), so if you need to have your site online yesterday, probably is best to stay with 155.
    The admin installation / update is more or less ready ( to test further).
    But unfortunately I'll have to updated ep4bookx also, and CEON url rewrite ( that I have with this module).
    So I guess, I'm a bit demoralized.
    I can help you for the next couple of days. checkout my dev branch on GitHub for updates, and I will be making PRs

Plugin Contributions

Well, that would be nice
    I already did a lot of stuff, but mainly the final purpose is:

The installation ( more or less already made):
    Adds "native" support for CEON ( optional)
    This generates a clean url for authors, genres, etc... ( for the first filter only ). However it depends on CEON update for zc156
    I have this code made, but not yet in git.
    Adds dynamic metatags ( optional )
    Basically it gets the authors, genres, etc information, and adds to the <meta> tags ( when filtering), using canonical.
    It also can build metainfo on products page IF metatags are not defined ( zencart way). This is because, honestly I will never, never, edit thousand of metatags manually.
    Adds support for utf8mb4
    replicating the zc156 installation.

Adds a way to check git releases on bookx, EP4, and epbookx ( still need to check if it's a good idea)

Adds a new table for books families:
    Families can have multiple publishers.
    Adds a new table for book search
    I reduce the search time this way
    On the installation, some changes are made to some indexes.

Families: They are imported from a csv file.
    The main idea, is not to have another extra field, but to apply discounts based on families.
    A example: A publisher released a new book. By law ( at least here in Portugal), one can't apply a discount greater than 10% over a period of time.
    This could be done using the publishing date.
    However, the bookstore may also have acquired some older books from the same publisher, ( the publisher does not control them anymore) that are now theirs. So they can apply a bigger discount.
    This is useful, when importing with EP4 , since it apply's the discounts on the fly, but it can be made on inserting a product.
    So in sum, one exports families from a software ( like sage) and imports to bookx_families.
    Families can also have a "flag" to always have a online stock.
    Even if a product belongs to a families, one can flag a product to ignore that discount. ( still needs review, because on import using ep4bookx, it will overwrite that "flag")

Authors:
    One can now import a image from a url
    The same for products ( not yet done)
    I think this are the more important.

Made a lot of changes to use bootstrap and fit into the zencart design:
    On authors, and products.

To be done:
    Support the German language ( I think they use a different zencart version with a language table ), but I need to add the same changes to the configuration table
    Review the front-store.
    Add authors, genres, etc, directly on products page. ( right now, they must be created first), this is very useful when editing on admin.

I think the functions could be a file, and not separated by admin vs front-store, since some are very useful in front-store also

And some other minor stuff.

I'm stuck on the main observer, because the observer (on prodcut listing), try's to catch the css button to overwrite them with bookx_button.
    However this is very fragile, because layouts can change... ok...right... I'm not on my machine right now. Latter I'll post a code example.

Well, that's the main idea. A lot was made.

Plugin Contributions

Great, Maybe you can post these as issues on github, in the repo, so we can check them when work progresses
    Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    Well, that would be nice
    I already did a lot of stuff, but mainly the final purpose is:

The installation ( more or less already made):
    Adds "native" support for CEON ( optional)
    This generates a clean url for authors, genres, etc... ( for the first filter only ). However it depends on CEON update for zc156
    I have this code made, but not yet in git.
    Adds dynamic metatags ( optional )
    Basically it gets the authors, genres, etc information, and adds to the <meta> tags ( when filtering), using canonical.
    It also can build metainfo on products page IF metatags are not defined ( zencart way). This is because, honestly I will never, never, edit thousand of metatags manually.
    Adds support for utf8mb4
    replicating the zc156 installation.

Adds a way to check git releases on bookx, EP4, and epbookx ( still need to check if it's a good idea)

Adds a new table for books families:
    Families can have multiple publishers.
    Adds a new table for book search
    I reduce the search time this way
    On the installation, some changes are made to some indexes.

Families: They are imported from a csv file.
    The main idea, is not to have another extra field, but to apply discounts based on families.
    A example: A publisher released a new book. By law ( at least here in Portugal), one can't apply a discount greater than 10% over a period of time.
    This could be done using the publishing date.
    However, the bookstore may also have acquired some older books from the same publisher, ( the publisher does not control them anymore) that are now theirs. So they can apply a bigger discount.
    This is useful, when importing with EP4 , since it apply's the discounts on the fly, but it can be made on inserting a product.
    So in sum, one exports families from a software ( like sage) and imports to bookx_families.
    Families can also have a "flag" to always have a online stock.
    Even if a product belongs to a families, one can flag a product to ignore that discount. ( still needs review, because on import using ep4bookx, it will overwrite that "flag")

Authors:
    One can now import a image from a url
    The same for products ( not yet done)
    I think this are the more important.

Made a lot of changes to use bootstrap and fit into the zencart design:
    On authors, and products.

To be done:
    Support the German language ( I think they use a different zencart version with a language table ), but I need to add the same changes to the configuration table
    Review the front-store.
    Add authors, genres, etc, directly on products page. ( right now, they must be created first), this is very useful when editing on admin.

I think the functions could be a file, and not separated by admin vs front-store, since some are very useful in front-store also

And some other minor stuff.

I'm stuck on the main observer, because the observer (on prodcut listing), try's to catch the css button to overwrite them with bookx_button.
    However this is very fragile, because layouts can change... ok...right... I'm not on my machine right now. Latter I'll post a code example.

Well, that's the main idea. A lot was made.

Plugin Contributions

I will wait for this to work. My site is in a bit of a rush, however, I am having issues with the installation of v1.5.5f.
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    I will wait for this to work. My site is in a bit of a rush, however, I am having issues with the installation of v1.5.5f.
    The installation of zc or the bookx module in zc ?

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I'm unable to use simple or advanced_search. I have more than 100K books. It takes forever (and 100% CPU.) Server here is a new Xeon with 8 Gb Ram and SSD disk

Commenting the lines $extra_from and $extra_where in the function insert_book_attributes_into_search_query fix the issue (obviously) returning the search queries in no more than 1.4-1.6 seconds (0.5 when cached)

Sorry I'm not a mysql guy. Any clue please?

Cheers

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast