Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: no way to proceed to the update via admin>>tools

Another thing:
    The title and the subtitle of the book don't show anymore in the detail product page !!!
    see what I get:
    http://5000ebooks.com/wiseme/index.p...n#.UdNkJ0e4KjY
    Last edited by habib_bou; 3 Jul 2013 at 12:38 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I notice also that your putting the price almost hidden ( small character and in the bottom ); is it on purpose ? could you make it on the top before the description and with Larger font ( like in zencart basic template ? ) , this is not a big deal but for an online shop, I think the price is quite important

Plugin Contributions

Hi Habib,

I have tried what I could think of, but I can't reproduce any errors here. Can you find out more about the error? Please look in your "cache" directory for any DEBUG logs which will tell us more about the error than what is shown in the shop. If no DEBUG logs are there, make sure the "cache" directory is wirtable.

Quote Originally Posted by habib_bou View Post
    I tried it and here's what I get ( same as previous try ): "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."
    Another thing;
    The product description shows in list but not in detail page.
    It a little bit messy, philou.
    If you don't find the bug, it could be caused by me, due to the integration of several other plugins.
    I like your ad-on , it's pretty pro to show all details about a book; but I'am wondering about those few interferences with other plugins that could make the whole thing instable.
    Thank you for all the efforts your putting in it.

Hm, yes you are right, but don't worry it will be there in the next version which I may release rather soon.
    It also moves the price up a bit higher on the page. The size of the price can then be styled with CSS so you can make it look how you want.

Another thing:
    The title and the subtitle of the book don't show anymore in the detail product page !!!
    see what I get:
    http://5000ebooks.com/wiseme/index.p...n#.UdNkJ0e4KjY
    I notice also that your putting the price almost hidden ( small character and in the bottom ); is it on purpose ? could you make it on the top before the description and with Larger font ( like in zencart basic template ? ) , this is not a big deal but for an online shop, I think the price is quite important

Plugin Contributions

thank u philou.
    looking forwards to the next release

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I'm trying ZC to see if it can replace the current e-commerce system my organisation is using, and this plugin is exactly what I have been looking for to fill the requirements of our publications dept. - but I was wondering:

the text description field is not visible in the procucts detail page, and we desperately need that. Is that
    intentional? If it could be added to any new version that would be fantastic.

I would love an extra description field as well

/Magda

Plugin Contributions

Hi Magda,

the description field on the product info page was somehow lost on the last update, but it is supposed to be there and it will return in the next release. I have left the product info page beautification for last, since I wanted to get the underlying framework to be fairly final first. Expect a new release in the next weeks.

An extra description field would not be too difficult to add, but can you expand on what it would be used for? I try to keep the functionality as universal as possible, so I want to be sure it makes sense for most people before adding it for everybody.

Plugin Contributions

Excellent news, thank you so much! We would ideally like to separate the more general book description info from a "Detailed Contents" field (where you can list chapter headings, or even embed your Scribd code to display publication in full text - for example see http://books.sipri.org/product_info?c_product_id=463).

By the way, I can't seem to find the "Products URL" field either on this page?

/Magda

Quote Originally Posted by philou View Post
    Hi Magda,

the description field on the product info page was somehow lost on the last update, but it is supposed to be there and it will return in the next release. I have left the product info page beautification for last, since I wanted to get the underlying framework to be fairly final first. Expect a new release in the next weeks.

An extra description field would not be too difficult to add, but can you expand on what it would be used for? I try to keep the functionality as universal as possible, so I want to be sure it makes sense for most people before adding it for everybody.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Magda,

I am wondering if your extra description field wouldn't be better accomplished by finding a ZC add-on which adds an extra field to products. There is for example this: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=926
    I think it should not be very difficult to combine this with the bookx admin interface since the collect_info.php of bookx also loads any PHP files in the directory admin/includes/modules/product_bookx which begin with "collect_info". I can help you with this if you decide to go this way.

In fact I am considering using the "extra fields" plugin for my own bookx online shop, since it includes PDF and Flash previews, so possibly I can post a full solution to combining this plugin with bookx.

When you write that you can't see the "product url" do you mean the "manufacturer url" which is entered on the admin "collect_info" page? It shows a field for this for a bookx type product in admin "collect_info", but it's true that it is currently not saving it nor is it showing up on the "tpl_product_bookx_info_display.php" page. I will fix that. Are we speaking about the same thing here?

I hope to wrap up the next release over the weekend, so if you have any comments let me know asap :)

Best,
    p.

Plugin Contributions

Default Version 0.9.2 beta released

Hi,

new version 0.9.2 is available for download on Sourcefoge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/zencartbookx/files
    Please leave a quick word here if its working for you, so I can submit it to this site as well.

Best,
    p.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Version 0.9.2 beta released

Good show. I'm waiting for some feedback from users before jumping in. Keep up the energy guys.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast