Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New add-on "product type book" for ZC 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by JRGoold View Post
    I forgot, in my last post, to mention that the ISBN column I added to the products table referred to the print edition of the book; I also added an ISBN column (actually “isbn” in both cases) to the products_attributes table to associate the appropriate ISBN with each of the e-book versions.
    Well, I'm talking about my experience.
    I already had isbn as the model... the was a lucky start , before i even knew bookx.
    At first that I had no csv to import the book fields, I've manged by excel, to make the comparison and enter the "model" to isbn field.
    And I actually had a lot information, stored in metatags, so it was a matter of insert them too.
    But it was a very risky process.
    Now with the csv , I re-uploaded with the correct model ( the company internal code ) and isbn, etc, etc...

About the 10 digits... that's something that only Philou can reply.
    Haven't seen no config for the isbn digits, so this is the isbn out of the box: 978-9-898839-84-8

I personally think this is quite a great module. Philou had a huge amount of work in it, now that I know the backs and forwards of this code.
    Not much like this for free around for bookshops.

And it's made in Germany , so quite good :)
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Germany

Here are a couple of links if you are interested in more about ISBNs, including how they should be formatted:

For the official specification: http://www.morovia.com/kb/EAN13-Spec...ion-10633.html
    For converting from 10-digit ISBNs: http://www.isbn-13.info/

Unfortunately, my link for generating or testing the check-digit doesn't work any more

Found it on one of the above pages: http://www.morovia.com/education/utility/upc-ean.asp
    Last edited by JRGoold; 4 Jun 2016 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Add check-digit link

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Well, I'm not sure why the products url is altered on book info page, but the I use it for some book pdf preview.

But there´s a change in the redirect page on zencart 155.
    The action url is not there anymore, as it was on 151.

So the link ends up in the main page again.

There's a notifier that can be use to re-add the action url.

case 'url':
    if (isset($_GET['goto']) && zen_not_null($_GET['goto'])) {
    zen_redirect('http://' . $_GET['goto']);
    }
    break;

I think this was the purpose of the products url on the bookx module.
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Can't edit the last post.

As I'm using another observer, haven't place the code here, so perhaps this can be added to another module release.
    But for anyone that misses this, while there's no fix to this, basically one can add that piece of code in includes/modules/pages/redirect.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    Hi
    Well, I'm not sure why the products url is altered on book info page, but the I use it for some book pdf preview.

But there´s a change in the redirect page on zencart 155.
    The action url is not there anymore, as it was on 151.
    I believe that, because of security concerns, the “action” value has become a POST variable (i.e. set by a <form>) and hence not visible as part of the URL (which are GET variables). You should still be able to test it by checking $_POST (after going through the “sanitizer”, they are essentially re-POSTed).

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Using the products url as a external link, probably one doesn't even have to go through the redirect page... Looking at the code, it seems this redirect page is used to count the clicks.
    But one could have other uses for this link, and that's probably why the code is similar to the general product.
    But once you go to the redirect page, that action must be there. ... I guess.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

With version 155 , in the new products module , there was that issue about the $new_products->Move(0); etc.. , that we've talk about.

The issue is that is not respecting the query limits, so it would display all the results.
    Further more, the while (!$new_products->EOF) { , didn't work, since the EOF is 1 on the notifier

If made this changes, and I think it's working.
    Also note the MoveNextRandom(); ,

PHP Code:
    //$new_products->Move(0);
    //$new_products->cursor = 0;
    // don't understand why this is necessary, but without it shows the first entry twice ?!
    //$new_products->MoveNext();
    // eof ?!!?
    $cursor $new_products->cursor;
    $new_products->cursor 0;

$row 0;
    $col 0;

while ( 
    $new_products->cursor $cursor) {
    etcetc.....
    $new_products->MoveNextRandom();

If this the right way to do it .... don't know, but it's working
    So this is at includes\classes\observers\class.bookx_observers.php, related to function insert_bookx_attributes_into_new_products_listing
    Last edited by mesnitu; 16 Oct 2016 at 12:45 PM.

Plugin Contributions

After all it was fixing the results limit but still was duplicating a book entry

uncomment the $new_products->Move(0); seens to fix it

Plugin Contributions

Hi mesnitu,

thanks for sharing that. I am testing BookX with 1.5.5 in these days and will re-examine that issue. As I already wrote in the comments, i wasn't very have with my cursor movement to begin with :)

Best regards,
    P.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Philou

A old question:
    Is it possible to put Bookx on Git ? I'm still working on this changing bits here and there, but I'll must go deeper and have some consistence.
    I was about to put bookx on bitbucket as a private repository, but at the light of opensource, it makes more sense to be open.
    If you can, please put this on git, or if you don't have the time, give me the permission to put it myself and attribute the project to you ( I believe there is a way to do that).

That way I could fork the project and go my own way.
    ie: I would like to convert DB to use InnoBD with foreign keys and make some other changes that must be made to work with php7 and mysql 5.7, etc..

Let me know your thoughts.

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast