Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Version 0.9.2 beta released

Hi, a long over due response from my side, but other work got in the way.

I just installed the "new" beta version and and it looks and works great from what I can see, very nice. This is enough for us
    to get going I think, the text field is visible again and the link "For more information, please visit this product's webpage" also works the way it should!

Presentation also much improved - thanks a lot for creating this, we can now move the the implementation stage of our Zen cart project!

Cheers,
    Magda

Plugin Contributions

Hi Magda,

nice to hear that, I have unfortunately also been kept away from this project recently!
    Were you the one who requested "keywords" and then I suggested solving this via META tag keywords? And did your combination with the ZC add-on extra field work out?
    Thanks for briefly sharing what works for you, so others can follow the same path.

Regards,
    p.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    Thanks for the module.
    I have a question about the convert existing products, I have tried to convert a product type music to product type book but after I select the product and click confirm nothing happens, should something appear on the screen to say it has completed? The product does not change?
    Thanks,
    Breda

Plugin Contributions

Hi Breda,

there is no feedback und you seem to be right, that conversion of music type to bookx type is not working.
    I will check that in the next days and post an update here.
    p.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: no way to proceed to the update via admin>>tools

Hi Breda,

fortunately there seems to be a simple solution to fix this:
    When you are trying to convert certain products to product type BookX, you first choose the product type via a popup control. Let's say you choose "Music" at this stage. If you then pick the option where you choose from a list of products of type "Music" the page reloads and you get a multiple-selction field where you can pick a product. Now here's the bug: when the page reloads between these two steps, the popup where you choose the type to convert from resets back to "Product - General". That is why your product is not converted. If you reselect e.g. "Music" in our example, then your product should be converted properly.

This is marked to be fixed in the next release.

Regards,
    p.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks P.

Can you help with another question, when I add the standard Zen cart attributes, in this case for Colour Options, they display fine on the page but when I choose a colour and add to cart I get an error message.
    I looked at the log debug files and it says:

[05-Nov-2013 12:31:13] PHP Warning: include_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGESenglish/product_bookx_info.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/garrettmallon/garrettmallon.com/upgrade/includes/classes/observers/class.bookx_observers.php on line 554
    [05-Nov-2013 12:31:13] PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGESenglish/product_bookx_info.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php5ext/php/') in /hsphere/local/home/garrettmallon/garrettmallon.com/upgrade/includes/classes/observers/class.bookx_observers.php on line 554

I have checked and the files mentioned above are on the server in correct folders but I noticed that this path seems to be missing a forward slash?
    PHP Warning: include_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGESenglish/product_bookx_info.php):
    I presume it should be PHP Warning: include_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES/english/product_bookx_info.php):

I have looked at the code on the page class.bookx_observers.php and can't see a problem with the path.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    B

Plugin Contributions

Hi Breda,

DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES is a php constant defined to point to the path of the languages folder of your installation. It is defined inside [youradmin]/includes/configure.php
    If this constant is not defined when the php script runs, then the script inserts the literal name of the constant, i.e. "DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES", which is why it shows up in the error message.
    I will quickly run the script here to see why this constant is not defined, possibly because it is only defined inside the [admin] file described above. Although I'm surprised I never got the error here...

Best,
    p

Plugin Contributions

The constant DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES is in fact only defined for the admin backend, so that is why there is an error. For some reason my PHP always ran over this error without stopping the script, so that is why I never noticed. :)

Anyway, until this is fixed in a next release, please modify the lines inside includes/classes/observers/class.bookx_observers.php on line 554

OLD:
    include_once DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $_SESSION['language'] . '/product_bookx_info.php';
    include_once DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $_SESSION['language'] . '/extra_definitions/product_bookx.php';

NEW:
    include_once DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/' . $_SESSION['language'] . '/product_bookx_info.php';
    include_once DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/' . $_SESSION['language'] . '/extra_definitions/product_bookx.php';

Let me know if that works.

Best,
    p.

Plugin Contributions

Hi P,
    I've made that change and I'm still getting an error but it's a different one now.
    I am chosing a product that has the colour attributes ( the zen cart standard ones) and the log file is showing this error now:
    [06-Nov-2013 19:03:49] PHP Fatal error: 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':4a7c8ee9be3c480825a33121ab45d533,31)
    GROUP BY be.products_id' at line 8 :: SELECT be.products_id, be.volume, bed.products_subtitle,
    CONCAT_WS("-", SUBSTRING(be.isbn,1,3), SUBSTRING(be.isbn,4,1), SUBSTRING(be.isbn,5,6), SUBSTRING(be.isbn,11,2), SUBSTRING(be.isbn,13,1)) AS isbn_display,
    GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT a.author_name ORDER BY a.author_name ASC SEPARATOR " | ") AS authors
    FROM product_bookx_extra be
    LEFT JOIN product_bookx_extra_description bed ON bed.products_id = be.products_id AND bed.languages_id = "1"
    LEFT JOIN product_bookx_authors_to_products atp ON atp.products_id = be.products_id
    LEFT JOIN product_bookx_authors a ON atp.bookx_author_id = a.bookx_author_id
    WHERE be.products_id IN (106:4a7c8ee9be3c480825a33121ab45d533,31)
    GROUP BY be.products_id in /hsphere/local/home/garrettmallon/garrettmallon.com/upgrade/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 120

########################################___
    I am wondering if the issue is that the Book X uses a seperate database and there is no table for the colour attributes? If that is the case I would have thought that it would not display the standard zen cart attributes on the browser view, it works fine until you click Add to Cart. You can try it here:
    http://www.garrettmallon.com/upgrade...roducts_id=106

Thanks for your help, I'd appreciate if you can respond asap as Client is testing tomorrow!
    Regards
    Breda

Plugin Contributions

Hi Breda,

BookX uses the "normal" table for ZC products and then just adds the BookX specific fields in an extra table, so that shouldn't get in the way of your using attributes.
    I have never used ZC attributes before, but quickly looking into the issue it seems to me the way ZC internally deals with identifying products with attributes doesn't play nicely with BookX.
    I will do my best to test this here in the next days and hopefully find a quick fix.

p.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast