Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't install new template

I am trying to install a free template and it's just not happening. I'm looking at FileZilla and it shows in includes>templates>piccadillyposh, but it doesn't show up in admin>tools. When I dragged the includes folder to the right side, it seemed to be installing and here it is in the FileZilla window. What could be wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't install new template

You don't mention uploading the admin folder in your post, did you do that part? And if you did then did you rename it to the name of YOUR admin folder first?

Plugin Contributions

Oh, and where in admin were you expecting to see it? Did you look in tools, template selection?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    Oh, and where in admin were you expecting to see it? Did you look in tools, template selection?
    Yes, that is where I looked, however I didn't know anything about changing admin name. I didn't notice that in any of the tutorials. Can you please explain. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Zencart builds the dropdown in Admin - Tools - Template Selection from template_info.php files it finds in the root template directories (in this case, includes/templates/piccadilly_posh) , so make sure that file uploaded correctly and isn't corrupted.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by traytray View Post
    Yes, that is where I looked, however I didn't know anything about changing admin name. I didn't notice that in any of the tutorials. Can you please explain. Thanks.
    Double check the uploaded files as per Stevesh's post, but re the admin folder it's very easy... whatever YOUR admin folder is called then just rename the 'admin' folder in the template to match then upload to your server. Job done. Do check your hosting panel though as if you uploaded the folder already but named admin then you'll want to delete that one as it'll have no use other than causing troubles. To clarify I mean delete the folder you already wrongly uploaded with the name 'admin' NOT your original folder 'namedwhateveryounamedit.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    Double check the uploaded files as per Stevesh's post, but re the admin folder it's very easy... whatever YOUR admin folder is called then just rename the 'admin' folder in the template to match then upload to your server. Job done. Do check your hosting panel though as if you uploaded the folder already but named admin then you'll want to delete that one as it'll have no use other than causing troubles. To clarify I mean delete the folder you already wrongly uploaded with the name 'admin' NOT your original folder 'namedwhateveryounamedit.
    I am not live yet and haven't changed the admin name at this time. Since that is so, why wasn't the install of the new template successful?

Plugin Contributions

I am not live yet and haven't changed the admin name at this time. Since that is so, why wasn't the install of the new template successful?
    Then you must be on an old version of zen cart 1.38 or earlier. Stop now and update first to at least 1.3.9h, because in the latest versions it is mandatory to change the admin name

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Then you must be on an old version of zen cart 1.38 or earlier. Stop now and update first to at least 1.3.9h, because in the latest versions it is mandatory to change the admin name
    I'm on 1.39h

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by traytray View Post
    I'm on 1.39h
    Then you will have a red box nagging you to rename, yes?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast