Plugin Contributions

Default Problem in uploading images in v1.5.1

I recently upgraded from v1.5.0 to v1.5.1.
    Since the upgrade I have discovered that I can no longer use the Products Image uploader. I don't get an error message - in fact nothing happens. The product listing uploads as normal but no pic is added. I can manually FTP the pic into a folder on the server and then use the server filename box to point the listing to the correct image and that does work but it's a bit messy trying to do lots of listings this way.

I have Image Handler 4 also installed - I don't know if this has any bearing on the matter.
    Can anyone help me out as to how to fix this problem?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem in uploading images in v1.5.1

Hi
    I'm hoping someone can help me fix the problem with uploading images, or can point me in the direction of the file to look at. It seems that the problem lies with adding the image info to the database and uploading the info itself.
    Any help is appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Haven't used Image Handler 4, so can't comment on that.

But I confirm that I can't replicate your symptoms using a fresh clean install of v1.5.1. So I'd suspect something is related to code that doesn't match original Zen Cart code.

Or else it's something very basic such as the destination folder isn't writable.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, DrByte, for getting back to me on this. I know the folder is writable as I can upload pics to it through FTP and checking permissions was the first thing I did - it's about the only thing I know how to do. Which file(s) deal with how pics are handled? I'll have a look at those and see if I can spot a problem.

Plugin Contributions

If you have IH4 installed, that takes over from many stock files, so you probably need to ask someone involved with that mod. Check its support thread.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, gjh42. I'll head over that way now.

Plugin Contributions

This problem seems to have been unique to me but just in case anyone else suffers the same problem this is how I got mine fixed.
    I can't take credit for sorting it out because I got in touch with my hosting company and asked for their help. They downloaded and ran the fix_cache_key.php file and that solved it. I'm not suggesting it will fix the problem for anyone else but it's worth trying.

Been having the same problem too Can any one help?

Plugin Contributions

Hi kajlabs
    You can download the Fix Cache Key plugin from the plugin page (link here: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8 )
    Follow the instructions from the download page and see if that fixes your problem. I believe that's what my webhosts did.