Plugin Contributions

Default Uploading JPEG in shopping cart or somewhere during purchase process

I need to allow purchaser to upload a JPEG to send to me at the time of purchase. We will allow the JPEG we receive to be etched onto the bottle they are purchasing. Is it possible to have a file upload in ZEN?
    thankyou

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Uploading JPEG in shopping cart or somewhere during purchase process

Yes. Create and associate a "File" attribute with your product, and the customer will be automatically asked to attach a file as part of adding the product to their cart.

Attributes are described in this FAQ article: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...to-my-products

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Uploading JPEG in shopping cart or somewhere during purchase process

thank you and this is available in all versions i.e. free

Plugin Contributions

Yes, it's part of the core functionality of Zen Cart.
    There is no "paid" or "premium" version with more features or support; all mods from Plugins are available to all. There are some third-party mods that may cost money to get.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yes. Create and associate a "File" attribute with your product, and the customer will be automatically asked to attach a file as part of adding the product to their cart.

Attributes are described in this FAQ article: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...to-my-products
    Thank you. I have the attribute which allows browsing of my files to do upload working, however once checked out the email that is received is not an actual openable file, it is only the name of the file. Any ideas why not being received properly?

thanks for all you help...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The file is uploaded to your server. Usually into the /images/uploads/ folder. You can download the file via FTP. It is not emailed.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Dr. This is going to be a lot of extra effort matching each image up with the person in my received emails of who placed the order. Is there no other way to keep them together. Granted they appear to have a unique file # (hope i can count on that) but sheeesss.
    thanks again....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You don't want the file being sent by email. What if it's several hundred megabytes? That email would fail and then you'd be left without any file at all, and have to ring up the customer and ask them to send it ... again.
    Besides, emails with file attachments, especially sent from automated systems, are one of the biggest offenders that end up getting sites blacklisted as spammers. There's a careful art to making file attachments work in email, and coming from webserver stores is probably highest on the radar. Even mass-mailing newsletter-sending sites specifically disallow attachments for the same reason: they don't want to risk getting their services (even the ones you pay big dollars for) flagged as spammers.
    I know you'll say "but I send attachments all the time" ... and while that may be true, your PC is not a webserver, and that's a huge differentiating factor.

You'll be hard-pressed to find a system that would send that file to you by email out-of-the-box.

That said, there's at least one plugin in the plugins library that aims to make accessing those files easier, by skipping the need to use FTP to get them and giving you download links directly in your store's admin control panel, which is where you would normally manage your store's orders anyway. You might explore using that if you aren't comfortable setting up a very simply ftp link that gives you quick simple access from an icon on your desktop or browser.

Plugin Contributions

They will absolutely have a unique file number. You will need to manually coordinate which file number goes with which order; that is a pain and not intuitive. There is a mod that should help: Customer Uploaded Files - List and Download

Plugin Contributions

The file numbers are strictly sequential, and if they happen to start by matching with order #1, they are not likely to keep in step long (especially if there are products that may not have files associated, or two file-containing products in an order).