Plugin Contributions

Default Product showing on front end, but can't find on back?

Hi all :) I apologise if I can't answer all questions but our site is worked on by a lot of different people and I only joined the company a few months back, so I'm not sure on all the updates done and such.

We've just noticed that one of our products is still on the front end of the site, and we went to remove it on the back end but we've been unable to find it. It doesn't show up as in a category, and the URL shows it as being in a category ID that doesn't exist.

http://www.giftbagshop.co.uk/shop/-1...-bag-1001.html - This is the link to the product. The category 144 doesn't exist, and searching for the product in the back end yields no results.

I'm really not sure how this ended up there without being in a category, it appears to have been added 4 years ago (and the staff have changed several times so we are not sure who originally uploaded it).

I've tried searching around to see if anyone's having a similar problem but I've had no joy. Would anyone possibly be able to point me in a direction I can explore to try and fix it?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product showing on front end, but can't find on back?

First thing I would do is turn off the URL rewriting function, if you can, and take a look at the Zencart-generated URL.

Another thing would be to use phpMyAdmin to look at the Categories table in your database. I think you'll find that 144 does exist, but doesn't have a name.
    Last edited by stevesh; 5 Oct 2012 at 05:33 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for your response. To be honest I'm just passing suggestions on to my boss right now unless it's something I can easily do myself, since I want to avoid messing up her site entirely and ruining all her business ;) But I will tell her what you said and talk to the other guys who've been here a bit longer as well.

A question - with the second part of your post (please accept apologise for my terrible ineptitude, I'm only just learning this system) are you referring to the Catalog - Categories/Product manager? I can't seem to see the category ID there, with or without a name, or is there another way to find it?

Plugin Contributions

The second part refers to using a program called phpMyAdmin, which allows you to view and manipulate your Zencart database. phpMyAdmin is offered in most hosting control panels. In CPanel, it's under Databases. You can't mess anything up by just viewing the DB.

No need to apologize for being new to this stuff.