Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Activity Log problem

Hello, this is my first post, and I'm in a bit of a rut - I have installed the cart for a friend who has been entering products - but now every time you click on any link in the admin section (you can log in and get the admin index page) I get an error message "1062 Duplicate entry '32767' for key 1" I'm not too sure where to go - I have only got the zen cart installed on the database but also a phpBB message board, they use different table name extensions and are not related at all - the two have been working fine together for about a month so I can't see that being a problem! I'm just really not sure where to go from here! Any help would be very much appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so I found the problem, in the 'admin_logs' there was an entry for action 32767 - but only one, I deleted it using phpMyAdmin and I can once again access links in the admin section. As soon as I perform another action, i.e. opening a link I get the error message again.

Is this a bug, or is something wrong that I am not seeing?

Plugin Contributions

As a fix, I have now changed the smallint(15) for the log_id column in the zen_admin_activity_log table to int(15).

As far as I can see, the maximum no. for a smallint is 32767 - an int is 2,147,483,647 so it should keep it going for sometime. Not sure what the (15) (Length/Values) should be set to, but for now it seems to be working ok - is it likely to have any side effects?

Is there anything I need to be aware of? Thanks again in advanced!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

To fix this via phpMyAdmin, access your Zen Cart database and click on the SQL tab, then paste the following in the input field and click Go:
    ALTER TABLE admin_activity_log CHANGE COLUMN log_id log_id int(15) NOT NULL auto_increment;

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.