Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Password problems

I hope I can properly explain what I've done so I don't waste anyone's time.

I miss my 90 day period to change my PW on my site. I tried the SQL query solution through my GoDaddy account, which promptly shut down my site. I called their customer service and was told what basically happened was the database password was changed and as a one time courtesy, they were able to get my site and up and running again. Store front is running fine, but now I cannot access my login site (or still figure out how to get my PW reset). This is what I'm getting when I've checked out my DEBUG log:

[07-Oct-2012 18:34:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 0B_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED :: select * from zen_project_version WHERE project_version_key = 'Zen-Cart Database' in /home/content/88/9174688/html/zencart/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 101

I counted down to line 101 and don't even find a * and to be honest, I wouldn't even know what to do with it if there was one there. I hope someone can help!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Password problems

I called their customer service and was told what basically happened was the database password was changed
    Unless you changed your DB pass they are telling stories

FTP to your /includes/configure.php file and transfer it to your local
    FTP to your /admin/includes/configure.php file and transfer it to another location on your local

Open the first and record the DB settings
    Open the second and insure that the DB settings match if not as I expect ammend them to match and FTP the edited file back to it's location
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

While I very much appreciate your response, I'm completely lost. LOL

Could you dumb it down a little please? What do you mean by local? How do I record the DB settings?

As opposed to using FTP, can I cut and paste the info?

Plugin Contributions

You have two different configure files at your website. You need to get those two files downloaded to your computer so you can check inside them, and possibly edit one of them if necessary.
    He told you to download them to different areas of your computer so you don't get confused as to which one came from which directory. This is because once you've checked them you need to put them back in the right place if you've changed anything..

Local computer means the one you are sitting at right now reading this from.
    You have to use a FTP program to get those two files from your host's server down to your own computer. You can't edit them while they are sitting on Go-Daddy's computer. If you haven't used FTP before then it's time to quickly learn - down load a free version of filezilla and get the instructions from Go-Daddy on how to configure it so you can connect to your store's files on their server.

When you have them, open the first one with a text editor and look for the part that starts with // define our database connection.
    Write down everything from there down to including your password.
    Open the second file and find the same lines in that one and compare each one. If something is different, change it to match the first file.
    Save it.
    Then you need to use ftp to reload it to godaddy servers. You'll probably need to change some permissions to get it done at that point, but that's another hill to tackle.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Joejoejoe. I have Filezilla and have used it, just not comfortable with it. I worked very hard on my site and it took me a month and by the time I was done, I truly thought I was going to lose my mind. I had to start from scratch at least three times. I used all of these forums to get me through (not very techy, just not totally illiterate either ;) )

Am I able to do this to change my password while fixing the other problem?

I'll hold my breath and work on this in a bit. Thanks for responding!

Plugin Contributions

Am I able to do this to change my password while fixing the other problem
    You do not want to change your password

As the frontend is loading properly, the password, Database & user are correct

As you can not access the admin side and are getting the DB connect error they are not correct in your admin configure.php file
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Teadiez View Post
    I miss my 90 day period to change my PW on my site.
    There's no "90 day period to change your password".

That's a misunderstanding of how passwords work.

Your store's admin-user password is valid for 90 days. After that IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY PROMPT YOU TO CHANGE IT UPON NEXT LOGIN. That's it. All you have to do is type in the old one when it asks, and then supply a new password, which you enter twice.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so I finally got a few quiet moments to go through this step by step, everything matches and I still cannot access my admin login. Any other suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Teadiez View Post
    I still cannot access my admin login.
    It's not clear what exactly you mean by "cannot access my admin login".

Does "cannot access" mean you can't get your browser to load?
    Does "cannot access" mean that the page shows some weird error message? What's the error meessage?
    Does "cannot access my admin login" mean that the login prompts don't appear? What appears instead?
    Does "cannot access" mean that when you type in your username and password and submit the form it comes back with a certain response? What's the response?
    Does "cannot access" mean that it's prompting you for a new password and won't let you in until you do?
    Does "cannot access" mean that it lets you in but the screen is blank or displays something unexpected?
    What's in the myDebug-adm-xxxxxxx.log files now?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This is what I get when I try to get to the screen to be able to login:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast