Plugin Contributions

Default can i salvage very old shipping settings from old database?

Hi,

Because of an upgrade done to the PHP software version on the server my 1.3x version of zen-cart stopped working. I decided to upgrade to 1.5.1. When I did so I had so many issues with the database that I decided to just create a new database and setup a new store. Not such a bad idea since I had a lot of misc 'stuff' still listed in the store.

Anyway, I was not able to get into the admin section of the website prior to my upgrade so there is certain information I need, but could not easily retrieve. I do have a copy of the old database and would like to get the information I used for the shipping and payment modules. I'm having difficulty finding it within the old database. Can someone tell me what I should be looking under as there is no 'shipping' table.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can i salvage very old shipping settings from old database?

Most often those settings are in the "configuration" table.

But just in case you come up with some bright idea to blindly import that old table's SQL content into your new database. DON'T DO IT. You'll make a mess and have to start over from scratch again.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I did look in configuration and there is just the normal: store, store name, store address etc etc very much like what you would find if you went to admin/configuration/store.
    I'm looking for information from the actual shipping information

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I did look in configuration and there is a listing for shipping options but I'm not finding any of the info that I would have had to put in through the admin in order to have shipping configured. Is there something more I have to do to see that info??
    Last edited by enddes; 8 Oct 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Just found it sorry! Long day of looking at a lot of info - bit cross-eyed :-)