Plugin Contributions

Default Diagnose 500 errors

I keep getting very weird issues on my site. There are times when the site loads quick [with in 3-5 seconds], there are other times when out of no where [no changes to database, no file changes] the site can take up to 1 minute to load, and there are times I get 500 errors [again with no changes to database, this means no new customers, no new products]. I have looked in the log folder and it does not show any errors.

My hosting service is Godaddy [Shared Server], running Windows Server 2008 R2. Latest PHP and MYSQL as of this writting.

I have been using Windows Servers for many years and have never seen this problem before. I would have expected that if it was a Windows problem, it would always have the same problem, not run good now, then run poorly later.

What would be the best way to diagone this. Do note the admin page has the same exact problem, if the main site gets 500 error so will the admin page. I ran Optimize Database {this seems to resolve it for a little while}

Zen Cart 1.5.1
    System Windows NT P3NW8SHG124 6.0 build 6002 (Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition Service Pack 2) i586
    Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--enable-debug-pack" "--disable-zts" "--disable-isapi" "--disable-nsapi" "--enable-com-dotnet" "--with-mcrypt=static" "--with-mssql" "--with-enchant=shared" "--without-pi3web" "--enable-cgi" "--enable-cli" "--enable-object-out-dir=../obj/"
    Server API CGI/FastCGI
    Virtual Directory Support disabled

HTTP Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.0
    PHP Version: 5.3.6 (Zend: 2.3.0) PHP Memory Limit: 128M PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On Max Size: 8M POST Max Size: 8M
    Database Data Size: 441 kB Database Index Size: 505 kB

I would prefer not switching to Linux.
    THanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Diagnose 500 errors

hosting service is Godaddy [Shared Server], running Windows Server
    Two strikes against you - -One being GoDaddy & the other Windows
    I can only refer you to the tutorial on 500 internal server errors

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...l-server-error
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I took this site over from some else, completly new website. The last webmaster was using Linux, and every week the site getting hacked, and viruses kept getting added to the site.
    So just like me the owner does not want to have their site hosted on Linux. Since I am also running a Windows Server locally for testing, I would prefer not using linux. Will look at that page and see what I can figure out. Also sent a request to godaddy[I have been with them for years, and have been verrry happy with them so far].
    Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

I have been with them for years, and have been verrry happy with them so far
    While as of late there has been improvement with their service there remains vulnerability on their shared linux servers

Search for them here on this forum and make your own decision
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When you're having unexpected spikes of slowness as you describe, they're server-related.

So, log a ticket and ask for diagnostics which explain what's causing the spikes. They have tools that can assess what's causing the issues. The tools are easier to use on Linux, but there's still stuff that can be gleaned even on Windows.
    Now, the first-level techs might not "get" what you're asking about, so don't be afraid to escalate to 2nd or 3rd level til someone takes you seriously.

As for kobra's comment about vulnerabilities, I don't see anything to substantiate that statement. Ignore it without having hard proof.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I contacted godaddy, and the 500 errors have disapeared. Not sure if it jus thappened to fix it self or something godaddy did, but right now it has been resolved.
    thanks