Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Keepalive Timer [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    FYI: using Zen Cart 1.5.1

It works perfectly in Firefox (18.0.1). I only wish it would warn you of the session ending with a popup window. If you are using many tabs in your browser or have many browser windows open, and the admin window is not active, you will miss the warning
    Hello DrByte,

I love your app. Especially the feature that if your session expires, you have an option to close and copy your work. However, unlike Kevin, when the timer pops up, I would prefer, if when you are viewing a different tab, that it doesn't scroll to the admin page and make it as the active page. Too many times, I have been in the middle of reviewing something with a client or typing something into a browser page, then suddenly my tabs shift/scroll to the admin page, I click, then have to click back on the tab that I was working on. Is there a change I can implement into the code that will either (a) have only the pop up box pop into view on top of my current active page, or (b) have the pop up box pop up on the admin page without it scrolling and making my admin page active? If either of these could be easily implemented by me, not only would it be acceptable, but awesome. If b is the easiest option, I would rather have to log back in than to have my pages keep scrolling.

Thank You,

Sharon

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sharon,
    I'm not sure I've seen that behavior. Which browser/version are you using with this? And what version of Windows/Mac/Linux are you using on your computer?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello DrByte,

I am using FireFox 18.0.2 and WindowsXP Pro Service Pack 3.

Sharon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon J View Post
    Hello DrByte,

I am using FireFox 18.0.2 and WindowsXP Pro Service Pack 3.

Sharon
    Hello DrByte,

I also have the same issue using chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 m. I originally installed the add on to my demo site on my local machine with XAMPP. As I am preparing to go live, I installed ZC 1.51 on my web host. I did not back up my demo site and then load it, I did a complete clean install by adding each mod individually, as I have a few on my demo that I decided not to use. This issue is still present on my new site....Since you stated that you're not sure that you've seen this behavior, are there any particular files or a particular place that you are aware of that I should look to try and track this issue or conflict?

Thank You,

Sharon

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I've often had it timeout in another tab while reading something in another tab. I've never seen it flip me back to the Zen Cart tab automatically.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I was really glad to find this add-on and installed it on an upgrade I'm doing for client because I know they will have trouble with the timing out. However, it doesn't seem to be working as described. Instead here's what happens

- I am on another tab (or even in another application with the browser still open but minimized)
    - about 8 minutes into the idle time, the focus goes to the ZC admin tab
    - a popup message is displayed which says:

We are unable to connect to the server. Your work may be lost. Please review your work and perhaps copy information to your clipboard if you had any work in progress which you do not wish to lose.

- there is only a button that says OK
    - if I click the button the session does not time out
    - if I don't click the button but click the x on the pop up message it also does not time out

Others have also mentioned something about a green color on the screen but that doesn't happen for me - just the pop up and it comes up quite a bit before 15 minutes.

I am running ZC v. 1.5.1 viewing with Chrome 24.0.1312.57 on WinXp (SP3)
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Just to add to the above... I went back to the tab a little while later - maybe about 10 minutes later (after clicking OK on the popup) and it looks like it actually did timeout. I clicked on just anything in admin and got the log in screen.
    Ellie Armsby

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    - a popup message is displayed which says:

We are unable to connect to the server. Your work may be lost. Please review your work and perhaps copy information to your clipboard if you had any work in progress which you do not wish to lose.
    That's part of a secondary time-out protection feature inside the plugin which checks to see if there's been a timeout that it couldn't account for, or if the server has disappeared. In those cases you wouldn't want to lose the work you'd been doing either, so this is a courtesy secondary protection offered by the plugin so that you don't unexpectedly lose what you had on the screen.
    While I've never had that get triggered on production or test servers (except when specifically forcing the connection to break so that feature could be programmed initially), I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you were running into that sort of problem in a dev environment where high-availability of servers is not a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    the focus goes to the ZC admin tab
    I've been using this plugin on a large number of sites in the last week, and have never yet seen the focus change to the ZC admin tab.
    While one other person has reported similar symptoms, also on WinXP, I've yet to encounter it. It sounds like something outside the script's control.

Plugin Contributions

Interesting. I am running this store "in development" but really only in the sense that it's not public. The client's live site is currently on another server and this new upgraded site is on their new dedicated server. However, it may be that the DNS issues I had in trying to log in are effecting it (although I did solve those and the domain name used on the new site does resolve properly).

I'll try it on another machine (Windows 7) and see if it still happens.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

I don't mind the timeout so much, but what I hate is the fact that you lose your work when creating a product. My customers are complaining that they spend time on their product and hit preview, then get logged out. Your plugin is wonderful, but what if the phone rings or something takes you away from your computer. If you don't hit that update button, you have to start all over again. There must be a way to create a temp backup at time of timeout.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast